Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

noob to forum, noob to grim

Page: 1 of 1
 iamabootdisk
09-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone. Virgin GF player here. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a good walkthrough. I've played about.. 15 mins of the game. Loving it so far!
 James Isaac
09-29-2005, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't really recommend using a walkthrough. You'll just be disappointed when you complete the game after using it. But if you really need one...

You can get some hints for the first year here (won't spoil the game as a walkthrough) here:

http://dod.dotagame.com/hints.php)

Or if you want a full walkthrough try this:

http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=walkthrough)
 iamabootdisk
09-29-2005, 4:58 PM
thanks... i'll reconsider now.
 Shuz
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
If you must use hints I'd recommend using UHS (www.uhs-hints.com). It gives you little hints that don't give too much away as well as the whole solution if you need it. However I STRONGLY recommend you presist until you are bashing your head against the wall. The feeling of finally solving a puzzle is a 100 times sweeter that way. Also, looking at a walkthrough becomes addictive. If you are not careful you can become lazy and look up the walkthrough for every time you are stuck for more than 30 seconds.
 Tobodestroyer
10-13-2005, 1:09 PM
Hi,

I'm new here too. I've just picked up my second client and now I'm stuck. Before I ask for specific help, please can someone answer the following question....

Is it possible to get stuck permanently in one place? For example, am I totally messed up if I haven't got a "dead-worm" balloon when I NEED one but there is NO way of going back to get one unless I load in an old saved game?

I hope that makes sense to you.

Tobo
 James Isaac
10-13-2005, 1:57 PM
Hi Tobo,

The LucasArts adventure games are never made so you can get stuck permenantly. You can't die or anything like that either (except for a few exceptions like occasionally in Full Throttle, but that gives you the option of going back to the point just before you died). That's what I like about these types of games :)
 Baja
10-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Well I might as well join in as well....

I've been a reader of the Mojo network since it began, and have played GF regularly since it came out. I've been browsing the forums recently to see what folks have been up to, what with the lack of new content in some time.

Look forward to posting with you folks.
 Shuz
10-30-2005, 8:22 AM
Welcome to the forum of the dead :)
Page: 1 of 1