Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Write YOUR Whispering Rock experiences!

Page: 1 of 3
 KingCheez
09-27-2005, 10:57 PM
What did I really do this summer? I went to Whispering Rock Psychic Summercamp.

That's right - I learned how to fish, cook my own food, hunt, canoe, climb trees and make a bow-drill fire.

I also learned the psychic arts - shooting psi-blasts out of my mind, levitating on a thought bubble, throwing things with my mind, confusing people with a ball of sheer...well, confusion. I also learned how to light things on fire with my mind, to become completely invisible, create a psychic barrier, and plenty of other tricks.

It was a good summer for me. I made friends with the slightly insane, and potentially dangerous Dogen Boole. I entered peoples' minds, took advanced training, and got locked in a Geodesic Psycho-Isolation Chamber for two days. I was very hungry, tired, scared, and hoping no cougars would break open my door. Those were pretty scary - at night I got patrol, and had to fend off cougars that lit me on fire. I had to get some (read - hundreds of) burn treatments, and they ran out of Neosporin to fix my bear wounds. It was still really great.

I made friends with Vernon, too. He talks, and talks, and talks, and talks. Don't ask him not to tell you his life story, he'll give you the long version if it. He made me late to class twice, but then again, his stories are more entertaining than jumping over a huge mental battlefield, levitating around on a thought ball in the mind of a crazy girl trapped in the nineties, and shooting things in a giant shooting gallery of a German psychonaut master.

It was a good summer, and I can't wait for next summer. Good times are to be had, again. And of course I won't have to do patrol duty anymore-just another perk. See you- (well maybe not) there.

WRITE YOURS.

gratuitous makeout scenes welcome
 Purple Squid
09-27-2005, 10:59 PM
You know what I did this summer, you stupid punk? I went to camp. Whispering Rock.

And it had everything! Hilarious stereotypes to gratuitous makeout scenes, this camp really knows how to keep you from commiting suicide.

The first day, I died.
 Agent-Sarah
09-27-2005, 11:34 PM
I'll come up with one soon (my brain is very tire).
 Klia
10-06-2005, 3:30 PM
To whoever cares,

You know…I was hopeful for this camp. It may have been due to the summer air or that I had been one of the few to get into this. This excitement may have led me to miss the fact that the older campers had skipped class instead of joined it and the ones who were going to class were planning on leaving as soon as the Coach’s thoughts were on other campers. Noting this would have saved me the trouble of falling over various cliffs twenty three times.

See, this is not an ordinary camp, dear god no. This is a psychic camp for people who can manipulate their mind above average levels. Notice how I didn’t say control.

So for the first day they had us go through a training course. No problem, right? Uhh..not so much. Oleander, the coach, is a maniac. Upon entering his mind he told me to hit him square in the jaw. My partner, Lili, did just that and I found myself blowing up. A few seconds later I was right back in but she had already disappeared. Then Coach Oleander came up on a screen to laugh at me. I found it particularly discouraging but then he moved on to taunt other kids I believe.

The only good thing I’ve learned in Coach Oleander’s mind is that you can jump really well in minds. Not only could I jump once, but in the middle of the air, okay the AIR, I was able to bounce up again.

It was pretty sweet until I had to jump over miles and miles of empty air to cross over moving platforms. The only thing I can say about that is there is nothing in the world like falling down endless miles to only be ripped back onto the ground.

Somehow I managed to pass that and even shimmied across the ledge. Something I wouldn’t have done in real life, as there is no one to catch you if you do slip in the real world. This time I only managed to drop seven times and I even had a fall buddy, Vernon. It was nice at first but when you’re falling to your doom you don’t want to hear about the Longest Walk Ever.

Next came the minefield where I lost Vernon. Which wasn’t too bad as he was only a quarter of the way through his story and I had been listening to him for a good twenty minutes. When I finally did get out of the minefield and into the plane I was immediately sucked out. It seems other campers had gotten there first and didn’t leave the door closed. This time it wasn’t too bad, I even think I got over my fear of falling!

The Coach’s face had just left the screen when I fell down onto a patch of snowy land. I think it was good because there was a gate that was open. Easy stuff there.

It was when I came to the machine gun…yes a MACHINE GUN…that I had a little trouble. See, your supposed to have a punching power in people’s minds but I never learned how to do that. It’s not that easy for me. Sure my jumping is pretty good but my punching is not. I never knew I was supposed to be learning it but when I came out of Oleander’s mind he told me it was in the pamphlet.

Does anyone read the pamphlet?

-Klia
 Agent-Sarah
10-06-2005, 4:54 PM
Note: I'm going to write my experiences based from my roleplay, "Trouble at Whispering Rock" in Sarah's (my character) POV.
And the girl, Grimm, is Zer0-Devil's character.

Dear journal,

Everything is going well. Me, Justin, and Drummer are at Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp.
The reason we're here because my boss, Bigface, wants me and the others to take a break from all the stress from work and get me to work on my abilities.
He told me that the camp is for young people (by, "young people" he meant, "kids of ages 6 or 12") and told me not to bring my weapons to the camp. He also told me not to curse in front of of the children either (since I have a short fuse and cuss like Denis Leary).
Drummer decided to come with us because he wants to keep an eye on me so I don't do anything stupid.

When we got off the bus, Justin already met two of the campers, Milka and Elton. It was funny to see Justin's reaction when Milka disappeared in front of him. Elton explains to him about her and gave us directions to the camp.

As we got to the cabins, Drummer saw a girl wearing black goggles, getting teased by two boys (who happen to be Bobby and Benny, the resident camp bullies) and then hearing Bobby screaming in pain. I rushed over to see what's going on. Before the two boys left, Bobby tells his friend to put the girl on his "list of people he shouldn't be messing with".
I ask the girl what she did to Bobby that made him to be in pain. She told me that it was called Bio-Manipulation, a psychic ability to stun or make people ill. Just then, a short man wearing what looked like an army uniform walk over to us and wants to know what happen. I tried my best to explain what happen when Drummer came in to help us out. The man (who introduce himself as Morceau Oleander or Coach Oleander) told us that he'll see us tomorrow and left.
Me and Drummer introduce ourselves to the girl. She than introduce herself as Grimm and left.
Before we went back to our cabin, the loud speakers came on and announced that tonight at 7 PM, we're going to the reception area to meet the camp counselors, Sasha Nein and Milla Vodello.

Those names sound so familiar...and why do I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen? I guess I'll figure it out later.

-Sarah Valentine
 Klia
10-06-2005, 6:51 PM
Well, since I feel bad when no one responds to something I worked long on I'm going to respond to these except for Purple Squid's.

Kingcheez yours reminds me of some of my summer camps that were really nice and I want to go back now.

Agent....I mean Mission, it took me a while to figure out who was the black goggled girl. I thought it was Lili in goggles as Lili is an amazing psychic.
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 6:55 PM
Aww. Mine didn't get love.

I don't deserve it. I just wrote that because I wanted to write something but didn't really want to. Xo
 Klia
10-06-2005, 7:01 PM
Aww. Mine didn't get love.

I don't deserve it. I just wrote that because I wanted to write something but didn't really want to. Xo

I know...this thread is addictive. I have to stop myself.

I made a few errors in my writing. Like the weird Besiderer. Besiderer the point....
 Purple Squid
10-06-2005, 7:04 PM
I know...this thread is addictive. I have to stop myself.

I made a few errors in my writing. Like the weird Besiderer. Besiderer the point....

Heehee. That's okay, I made up the word 'sniggle' once. Like, "he heard her sniggle".
 Klia
10-06-2005, 7:08 PM
Heehee. That's okay, I made up the word 'sniggle' once. Like, "he heard her sniggle".

Or Scisors.You pronounce it ske-sores.

Look in the caccon couples thread in a few minutes.
 Agent-Sarah
10-06-2005, 9:19 PM
Agent....I mean Mission, it took me a while to figure out who was the black goggled girl. I thought it was Lili in goggles as Lili is an amazing psychic.
That's the first time I ever had someone tell me they mistaken Grimm as Lili.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Or Scisors.You pronounce it ske-sores.

Look in the caccon couples thread in a few minutes.

Scisors? Wow. Skesores? Sound like a really bad insult...

You know what's funny? There's a pop-up on this screen telling me how lame nerds are...
 Klia
10-07-2005, 3:42 PM
Pop-ups try to edge in on our human insecurity. They're like satan mosquitos.

Speaking about Satan he was the only one to get an A on the science project in class. Everyone else failed. I had an A+ in that class prior to it and I got a D+ on the test.

Huzzah!

Oh..don't worry Agent Sarah, every girl in Psychonauts is Lili to me. I read a fanfiction of Psychonauts and there's an unamed female. LILI!

I did another day at Whispering Rock.

I’ve passed it, yes I have passed it! Amazing, no? While all of the other campers were allowed to have fun for at least a few more hours I was stuck inside of Oleander’s brain sliding down ramps of enourmous peril. You cannot believe how scary they are. It’s not the heights anymore, I got over that long long ago. It’s the impending doom of smashing your face into pure steel at twenty miles an hour. Just because I’m projecting myself doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt. I could still feel my skin ripping off the flesh. Lovely mental image, isn’t it?

How did I get past that machine gun? I ran like hell. So yes, anyone who needs to get past the gun and is a loser like me, just run. There’s no hope in trying strategy tactics.

The log o’ doom is simply a parlor trick. Just keep on walking.

I’m starting to sound all athletic and cool. Truth be told, I was in a fetal positon upon looking at it but I got through no problem. It’s really just my bad nerves that made it seem worse.

When I finally got the bade there was no warm fuzzy feeling or big ceremony. I just got kicked out. Meh…at least now I can actually eat food as I’m not penned in at the cabins.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 3:46 PM

Speaking about Satan he was the only one to get an A on the science project in class. Everyone else failed. I had an A+ in that class prior to it and I got a D+ on the test.

Wow, Satan is smarter than I give him credit for. Are the mosquito popups his minions?

And, by the way, your journals make me laugh. Laugh.
 Klia
10-07-2005, 4:19 PM

Wow, Satan is smarter than I give him credit for. Are the mosquito popups his minions?

And, by the way, your journals make me laugh. Laugh.

I'm glad they make you laugh. I think that if I was ever to go to Whispering Rock I would be the worst one there. Seriously, sliding down the ramps? I would jump down and hope I landed on something before I went down the ramps of doom.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 4:48 PM
I would cry and scream.

"LET ME OFF! I DON'T WANT TO GOOOOO!"

I did that at Six-Flags, and the ride-controlly lady laughed at me. :'(
 Agent-Sarah
10-07-2005, 5:34 PM
Oh..don't worry Agent Sarah, every girl in Psychonauts is Lili to me. I read a fanfiction of Psychonauts and there's an unamed female. LILI!
That might explains it...
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 6:07 PM
I would cry and scream.

OMGSH, that's not right.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:46 PM
OMGSH, that's not right.
I know. Such cruelty.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 6:47 PM
Y do they hire evil people to work at rollar coasters?
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:48 PM
I dunno, but I had just gotten out of a roller coaster that nearly killed me, and I wasn't very happy.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 6:52 PM
would it be mean of me to laugh at that?
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 6:53 PM
Yes. I ACTUALLY almost fell out of that thing, with its crappy seatbelts and all...

But laugh anyway.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 6:57 PM
Tee HEE, FUNNINESS!!!!
 Klia
10-07-2005, 8:00 PM
I would cry and scream.

I almost fell out of the Rolling Thunder rollarcoaster. My seatbelt came undone near the water part and everything except for my leg fell out. My partner grabbed my ankle and yanked me down.

Then I held on for dear life.

Yes. I ACTUALLY almost fell out of that thing, with its crappy seatbelts and all...

But laugh anyway.
You must have been sitting in my seat.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 8:04 PM
Heh, maybe. I was in the... something. Whatever it was, it was a BAD COASTER. You know how they're supposed to make you excited? Well, this one WAS JUST UNFAIR. It was pitch black, as in NO LIGHTS, and there were LOOPS. I hate loops. And my seatbelt came undone and my mom had to hold onto me the rest of the time. And you know what we said before we went in?

Me- Mom, I don't want to go. Teenagers are crying.
Mom- They're just trying to scare you. <3
 Klia
10-07-2005, 8:40 PM
Heh, maybe. I was in the... something. Whatever it was, it was a BAD COASTER. You know how they're supposed to make you excited? Well, this one WAS JUST UNFAIR. It was pitch black, as in NO LIGHTS, and there were LOOPS. I hate loops. And my seatbelt came undone and my mom had to hold onto me the rest of the time. And you know what we said before we went in?

Me- Mom, I don't want to go. Teenagers are crying.
Mom- They're just trying to scare you. <3

HAH! Teenagers always cry. I think when you're younger you care less about such things as death.

When I was about 8 or so I went on Dare Devil Dive. You know the one that goes 150 feet up into the air and you're hanging by one cord. Then they go "Three...two...one..take off."

I let go of the cord and for a half of a second my stomach was free-falling, zero g's. And then I was falling, flying towards the ground only to swoop up and suspend in the air for what seemed like a minute.

They were playing "Let me Clear my Throat" on the radio.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 8:43 PM
Oooh. I saw that ride... but you know what scares the crap out of me? The Steel Eel. It's a VERY simple ride, like an upside down 'u', but it can make you throw up so fast... and after watching all of that barf land with a splat on the ground below it... ew.

There are some Disney rides that are worth a good pee-in-the-pants.
 Klia
10-07-2005, 8:46 PM
Oooh. I saw that ride... but you know what scares the crap out of me? The Steel Eel. It's a VERY simple ride, like an upside down 'u', but it can make you throw up so fast... and after watching all of that barf land with a splat on the ground below it... ew.

There are some Disney rides that are worth a good pee-in-the-pants.

*Spasms* They actually have throw up fall down?

Disney has too long of rides. Unless you break your grandparents or something and then they go into the wheelchairs and you cut everybody by being able to go into the exit.

We must have hit fifty rides that day.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 8:49 PM
*Spasms* They actually have throw up fall down?

Disney has too long of rides. Unless you break your grandparents or something and then they go into the wheelchairs and you cut everybody by being able to go into the exit.

We must have hit fifty rides that day.
I went on three rides in Six Flags, while the rest of the family went on, like, 12...
That roller coaster KILLED MY SOUL. And you know what' worse? My life was so scarred I wouldn't even go through the E.T. ride at Universal Studios... or the Peter Pan ride at Disney Land. Needless to say, I was made fun of... a lot.
 Klia
10-07-2005, 8:51 PM
My life is still scarred by that Alien ride where he's breathing all heavy.

I wish I went into it now that that stuff doesn't scare me
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 8:52 PM
That stuff still scares me. My life was broken. As was my sense of courage. :'(
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 8:53 PM
OMG, that reminds me of this one time. I Rode Batman: Night Flight for the first time. I was so freaked out I started to cry. My mom yelled at me because I was embarassing our family. Also later, I saw that ride on a Travle Channel special ant is said it is one of the most scary rollar coasters out there. Put that in your Water bottle and drink it mom!
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 8:58 PM
OMG, that reminds me of this one time. I Rode Batman: Night Flight for the first time. I was so freaked out I started to cry. My mom yelled at me because I was embarassing our family. Also later, I saw that ride on a Travle Channel special ant is said it is one of the most scary rollar coasters out there. Put that in your Water bottle and drink it mom!
I don't think your mom wants to drink that.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 9:01 PM
Heck, I wouldn't wanna drink that either.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-15-2005, 4:16 PM
Hello pplz I am new and I will destroy you all w/ my controlled Psi powers :king1: Oh and I've been reading this for a while.

Oh I was put in a straitjacket and thrown into the insane asylum for some odd reason. (I may be insane but my Psychic abilities are great.)
 Ray_the_psychic
10-15-2005, 4:17 PM
Oh excuse me where do I go to put my avatar on???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????? Too Many questions!!!!
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 4:18 PM
Profile, then change avatar.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-15-2005, 6:12 PM
Thanx my compadre and no I am A citizen of U.S.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-15-2005, 6:13 PM
Sorry no I am not a mexican sorry said that wrong and where do I go for sig? same place?
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 6:27 PM
Profile, then change signature.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-15-2005, 6:49 PM
Thank you my dear assasin
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 6:51 PM
I'm a telephone repair man. :'D
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 7:12 PM
I am Elton, I can here everything the fish are saying. Hold on, I'm talkin to my goldfish, Linda.

"and your husband WHAT? Do you need a friend? I'll be your friend nobel bowl creature. I'll get you a taco."
 Ray_the_psychic
10-16-2005, 1:07 AM
I'm a telephone repair man. :'D
Uh-Uh you are A government agent I can tell I used my E.S.P to show that I know about everyone and that I love everyone I TRULY DO!!
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 1:10 AM
I am Elton, I can here everything the fish are saying. Hold on, I'm talkin to my goldfish, Linda.

"and your husband WHAT? Do you need a friend? I'll be your friend nobel bowl creature. I'll get you a taco."

I'll fix your telephone.

I AM a telephone repair man. I climb telelphone poles in order to serve a kindness to my employer.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-16-2005, 1:30 AM
I'll fix your telephone.

I AM a telephone repair man. I climb telelphone poles in order to serve a kindness to my employer.

No you'll arrest me you crazy F.B.I/Phone Repair Man/Government Secret Agent in disguise as a phone worker/Assassin/Plumber/Grieving Widow/Road Crew Worker/Pie Baker/Hedge Cutter/ Insane Squid your employers are the Rainbow Squirts they've been watching us for a long time and are using mind control on you and your fellow G-Men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
 Purple Squid
10-16-2005, 1:32 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about sir! :3 Hey! Are you interested in buying some... cookies?
 DarthAve
10-16-2005, 1:33 AM
I'm Elton, my best friend wants a taco.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-16-2005, 1:35 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about sir! :3 Hey! Are you interested in buying some... cookies?

Die you stupid little girl (burns her with PYROKENESIS) that's for thinking I'm a weirdo (I am but no one lets it show or I will get out the Psi-Bombs and kill all
Page: 1 of 3