Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

You know your obsessed with psychonauts when

Page: 2 of 5
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 5:29 PM
alright I got a super power :)
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 5:30 PM
Yes, but now I'm in a jar. And it's ITCHY in here.
Why? is the jar filled with itching powder or somthing?
 splitsecond
10-07-2005, 5:32 PM
Yes, but now I'm in a jar. And it's ITCHY in here.
there are worse places like a jar inside of a lungfish
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:32 PM
Why? is the jar filled with itching powder or somthing?
It's the fabric. It's too wooly.
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:33 PM
I suppose...

But I'm still going back into everyone's pocket.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 5:36 PM
poo, wait, these sweatpants have no pockets!!! HAHAHA!!
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:39 PM
Fine. I'm in your pants. Singsong!
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 5:41 PM
ewwww, my pants have pockets now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:43 PM
Heehee. Thought so.

Wow! Is that a penny I see in here?
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 5:44 PM
penny, MINE!!!!
 Smon
10-07-2005, 5:56 PM
Yeah... or being a brain in a jar, but it isn't as bad as people think...
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20040406.gif)
 Purple Squid
10-07-2005, 5:58 PM
Yeah... or being a brain in a jar, but it isn't as bad as people think...
http://www.smbc-comics.com/comics/20040406.gif)

Aww. Poor Steve. Well, at least he can write stuff.

I'm glad I didn't have to try writing stuff while I was in a jar.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 5:58 PM
where do you find all this interesting stuff Smon?
 Smon
10-07-2005, 6:02 PM
where do you find all this interesting stuff Smon?
I have like 40 different webcomics bookmarked, all of which I have explored the archives of completely.
 DarthAve
10-07-2005, 6:03 PM
wow, coolie. Maybe someday soon, I'll be as cool as you.
 splitsecond
10-13-2005, 10:10 PM
you know your obssesd with psychonauts when the thread dies and you still post in it
 90SK
10-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Can't argue with that logic.
 Purple Squid
10-13-2005, 10:31 PM
You know you're obsessed with Psychonauts when you... doodle brains all over your shoes.

I'm glad the thread's back.
 DarthAve
10-14-2005, 3:46 PM
You're obsessed with psychonauts when you start a donation fund to get a straightjacket for your Fred Bonaparte halloween costume.

(Please contribute all donations directly to me!)
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 4:43 PM
Haha! Darth.

FAT CHANCE.

You know you're obsessed when the game makes you cry. A lot.
 Lestat_chib
10-14-2005, 9:02 PM
I named my car Raz. :B

._. Erm...Oh...

-When you name your car after Raz. <-< There we go.
 Klia
10-14-2005, 9:05 PM
when you tape up pictures of them on the wall.
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 9:06 PM
When you stick hand-drawn pictures of them on your binder.

And when someone asks you what the trenchcoat man is, you say 'A housewife'. True story.
 Klia
10-14-2005, 9:10 PM
When you stick hand-drawn pictures of them on your binder.

And when someone asks you what the trenchcoat man is, you say 'A housewife'. True story.

How about this: You're walking along in class, getting ready for calculus and what not when everything falls out of your binder. And by everything I mean Purple Squid's fanart.

That's not the worst part, when you go down to pick up the pieces you squeal because you found the picture of the G-man and Rainbow Squirt.

-ALso, you write fanfiction in class, making your teachers believe it is work.

This may seem a little obsessive but it's not. Even if I have no fandom, I still get excited when my papers fall on the floor and I still write stories in class for no apparent reason.
 Tarkya
10-14-2005, 9:11 PM
You know you're obsessed when you go to sleep with the game on a shelf two-something feet away from your bed.
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 9:12 PM
How about this: You're walking along in class, getting ready for calculus and what not when everything falls out of your binder. And by everything I mean Purple Squid's fanart.

That's not the worst part, when you go down to pick up the pieces you squeal because you found the picture of the G-man and Rainbow Squirt.

-ALso, you write fanfiction in class, making your teachers believe it is work.

This may seem a little obsessive but it's not. Even if I have no fandom, I still get excited when my papers fall on the floor and I still write stories in class for no apparent reason.

You do that? Wow, you have no idea how much I love you right now.
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 9:13 PM
You know you have a problem when you use quotes to heal you when you're sick. I used Boyd today, and I feel much better.

And when you laminate the paper that comes with the soundtrack because someone at DF signed it.
 Klia
10-14-2005, 9:16 PM
You do that? Wow, you have no idea how much I love you right now.

I swear it on my pinky. I mean dude, who doesn't want a G-man staring you down all day, making you feel like you have done something wrong, that they're right around the corner.

It makes me smile as I walk down the hallways, imagining what would happen if I stuck one of those underneath the toilet seats in one of the boys bathrooms.

"WE KNOW!!!"

oh..we know.

You know you're obsessed when you go to sleep with the game on a shelf two-something feet away from your bed.

Wow. I haven't down that. I only consider myself a half-hardcore gamer. I only really think about it a few times during the day and when I'm on here.

Most of the week I'm not even thinking about it. It's like a..well you know what it is like.,
 Klia
10-14-2005, 9:19 PM
You know you have a problem when you use quotes to heal you when you're sick. I used Boyd today, and I feel much better.

And when you laminate the paper that comes with the soundtrack because someone at DF signed it.

Holy ****, who signed it and how can I find them.
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 9:22 PM
I have NO idea who signed it. I just know they work at DF.

Like I said, problems.

And I've got G-Men staring me down all the time. Because They Know.
 BigBad
10-14-2005, 9:52 PM
Hello...mind if I join in?

You know you are obsessed with Psychonauts when
-you violate your school/work's telecommunication policies because you just had to sign up on the fanlisting
-have taken to wearing googles while playing the game
-now refer to your poor friend Joey as Slowy Joey
-you have at least once called someone a figgy piggy
-you have threatened someone with bodily harm for saying that the game sucks
-you have threatened someone with pyrokinesis
-you have at least once struck Raz's merit badge pose when something really great has happened
-you have at least considered telling your friends that you were sent to Whispering Pines instead of whatever you did this summer that made you unavailable
-have the Psychonauts cards for your computer Solitaire
-you have Sasha's song as your ringtone
-you have asked someone if they are the milkman
-you are now wary of Girl Scouts
-you have a certain alotted amount of time that you must play PER DAY to feel normal
-you have experienced sleep deprivation as a result of playing late into the night

Well that's all for now. I have more but at the moment I am suffering from sleep deprivation and I'm kind on the verge of falling asleep on the keyboard so yea...for now that concludes my ranting.
 Purple Squid
10-14-2005, 9:55 PM
(Hullo, BigBad. You have no idea how much I love you.)
 DarthAve
10-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Wow, I'v totally done A LOT of those things. WHERE CAN YOU GET SASHA'S SONG AS A RINGTONE??? I TOTALLY WANT IT!
 Rubacava
10-15-2005, 12:52 AM
Hahaha... I'll say ones that actually I have done...
You might be obsessed with Psychonauts if...

...the highlight of your year is getting to visit Double Fine, even more than getting to go to Japan.

...You take your copy of Psychonauts to Japan with you, even though you don't have a Playstation there, just so you can look at it every night.

...The only way your friends can convince you to go on roller coasters is by giving you Psychonauts style merit badges after each one, and letting you jump on nearby benches afterwards singing the little merit badge song and doing the pose.

...Whenever someone mentions an insane asylum, you brighten up and ask "Thorney Towers!?!?"

...Whenever something gets knocked over you mention TK

...You give a speech about Psychonauts and Double Fine to a class of Japanese girls, and have them all think you're crazy because they have no idea what you're talking about. And then wonder if maybe they'll send you to Thorney Towers if you're crazy enough... >.>

...You get special card protectors for your Psychonauts playing cards.
There's more, I'll add them later when I think of them.
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Hmm, have you gone to Japan?
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 12:59 AM
Wow, Rubacava is back. It's been forever.
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 1:01 AM
Yuppers, I'm Darth!! Currently listening to Goofy Goober Rock from the Spongebob movie!
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 1:03 AM
You know you're obsessed when...

Your poor, poor, expensive white shoes have a Dr. Loboto on them. Both.
 DarthAve
10-15-2005, 1:05 AM
Wow, that pretty much stinks that you doodled on your shoes. Currentlisting to Jack's Lament from TNBC
 Zetz Darke
10-15-2005, 8:40 AM
-You take absolutely every Psychonauts sound clip or music file you can find and copy them to a CD with other songs, so that when people go to listen to it, they give you a strange look after they're finished hearing Sasha sing the Wisconsin song.
-You make a website to fill the void at not being able to find any fansites anywhere else.
 Klia
10-15-2005, 9:28 AM
I've done about 85 percent of these things.

...You give a speech about Psychonauts and Double Fine to a class of Japanese girls, and have them all think you're crazy because they have no idea what you're talking about. And then wonder if maybe they'll send you to Thorney Towers if you're crazy enough... >.>

-Doing a presentation about Psychonauts/Grim Fandango in front of your high school class (who you will be spending the next few years of your life with) and then making sure everyone knows what the hell Psychonauts is. Even making people buying the game.

-Having dreams about being able to TK things

-Hating Tommy Talrico even more (otherwie thought impossible) for dissing Psychonauts.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Tommy is that jerk on Judgement Day? It's his job to be the jerk. He's like the Simon of games.

This happened just now-
Dad- I even got you some chocolate milk!
Me- HOORAY! *drinks*
--THEN THEY TURN IT INTO CHOCOLATE MILK! AND NOBODY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE!
Dad- Woah! My daughter is possessed! That's all pear shaped, dawg.
 Klia
10-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Tommy is that jerk on Judgement Day? It's his job to be the jerk. He's like the Simon of games.

This happened just now-
Dad- I even got you some chocolate milk!
Me- HOORAY! *drinks*
--THEN THEY TURN IT INTO CHOCOLATE MILK! AND NOBODY CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE!
Dad- Woah! My daughter is possessed! That's all pear shaped, dawg.

Why do you all like to get back at my mind....First off:

HOW CAN YOU TYPE SO FAST

Second...pear. And pear reminds of that word which reminds me of the thing that my friends said so I can't look at Boyd anymore without frothing from my mouth from the whole wrongness of it. Poor Boyd, poor poor Boyd.

And Napolean. I so sorry bout that.

And Tommy only gives good scores if he likes the fandom, if they're is pretty lights, and

BOOBS!
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 10:59 AM
1. Should I type slower?
2. Please, don't ruin Boyd for me. I stand in front of him for hours, and the hooch is enough.
3. You better be sorry. I've got to study him in Social Studies.
 Klia
10-15-2005, 11:02 AM
1. Should I type slower?
2. Please, don't ruin Boyd for me. I stand in front of him for hours, and the hooch is enough.
3. You better be sorry. I've got to study him in Social Studies.

I could help you with him in Social Studies, I have a whole chunk of the computer devoted to him.

You don't have to type slower. I just take huge breaks inbetween posting.

I won't ruin Boyd for you. My friends have and it's like...woah.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 11:16 AM

I won't ruin Boyd for you. My friends have and it's like...woah.

That makes me sad. I feel as though you have cruel, cruel friends.
 Klia
10-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Ehh..I'm cruel to them. WHen I start talking about Psychonauts all they have to say is "tassels!" And I'm on the floor. Even now I'm shuddering just typing about it.

-when you say MILK instead of milk.

Hey Squid, I'm debating starting a new fanfiction thread in the creativity room. It's annoying the crap out of me.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Ehh..I'm cruel to them. WHen I start talking about Psychonauts all they have to say is "tassels!" And I'm on the floor. Even now I'm shuddering just typing about it.

-when you say MILK instead of milk.

Hey Squid, I'm debating starting a new fanfiction thread in the creativity room. It's annoying the crap out of me.

Yes, I thought the fanfic thread should be in there... I think it wasn't moved because it looked dead and they didn't poke it with a stick.

Tassels? Mind explaining?
 Klia
10-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Yes, I thought the fanfic thread should be in there... I think it wasn't moved because it looked dead and they didn't poke it with a stick.

Tassels? Mind explaining?

Only if you want a punishment worse than death.

Here:
Remember that whole Napoleon thing? Well, this is worse.
 Purple Squid
10-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Only if you want a punishment worse than death.

Here:
Remember that whole Napoleon thing? Well, this is worse.

OOOOH. Maybe I don't want to know... Or maybe I do. Is it so bad you have to PM? Or would it hurt your hands to type it?

-you know you're obsessed when spen hours drawing pictures because you just. Can't. STOP.
Page: 2 of 5