Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finally found an Avatar...

Page: 1 of 1
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 2:31 PM
So here it is: my new Avatar !
even looks like me if you squint..

hehe..
 Havoc Stryphe
08-02-2001, 3:16 PM
Congratulations, It looks good on ya! If you squint just a bit....it also looks like Kevin Spacey. ;)
 Rebel Pimp
08-02-2001, 3:21 PM
I'd do this if I wasn't so fond of my Sir Alec tossing back a Guinness......

Anyone here familiar with the early 80's cartoon "Star Blazers"? It aired for a few years here in the States and in Japan....

Well, the captain of the Argo in the American version was "Captain Avatar".

From the second I heard avatar used as the term for this image, I wanted to make one with the good 'ol Captain on it.....
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 4:50 PM
Never heard of it, but then again, i wasn't alive in the early 80's. :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:54 PM
was that that Thunderbirds-like doll-series with the Spaceship that had engines in the form of an X-wing ??

if so, i've seen it...
 Rebel Pimp
08-03-2001, 11:27 AM
StarBlazers was anime that had a big aircraft carrier-type ship with a giant hole in the front which housed the dreaded "wave-motion gun". The crew was on a one-year journey out of the galaxy and back in an effort to save earth from radiation bombs...
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 11:30 AM
Ahhh, i hate anime!
 ZeroXcape
08-04-2001, 10:13 AM
I'm playing around with new avatars as well, heh.
 Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 10:26 AM
looks nice, Zero..

I remember the series i mentioned as having a ship that would get critically damaged almost every episode. it wasn't anime, more with dolls like Thunderbirds.
there were even some Star Wars- ripoffs on there, now that i think of it, with some droids that looked suspiciously like the ones we know and love..
Page: 1 of 1