Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

reintroducing Revan as PC in a KIII.

Page: 1 of 1
 -JoBo-
09-27-2005, 4:46 PM
I want to hear your thoughts on how one could best reintroduce Revan as a PC in KIII.

Obviously Revan would have to be stripped of his powers.
Personally i believe this could have been caused by whatever leads these "true Sith".
We might not have to give Revan memory loss, by for example making him start on a prison colony of these true Sith, and sticking him there for whatever amount of time you need.
Losing knowledge of the happenings in the Universe since being captured.

The biggest problem i have with a possible return of Revan is how on earth to motivate him/her to make moral choices again between LS and DS? Unless you make whatever he/she had not have been enough to defeat these Sith for some reason...
And in what way does the universe respond to his return???

No one acknowledges him?? Obviously story-wise that would be hard with characters from K1 that knew Revan.
You would also end up with a very branched storyline between LS and DS.

How do you suggest they could best reintroduce Revan as PC ?
I'm thinking that if they do it, it's going to be very difficult to make things make sense and still keep it the same sort of game.
 RobQel-Droma
09-27-2005, 5:00 PM
My idea, which I posted on the "KotOR III guessings" thread for Revan being the PC, is this: The enemy learned of Revan and saw that he was too powerful, so they attempted, by gathering all their powerful force-users, to try a ancient and forbidden technique to cut him off from the force. They were succesful, and he lost all of his power, along with some of his memory from the extreme shock of the method.
 Darth InSidious
09-27-2005, 5:03 PM
Why would he need to? You could have a system whereby people could upload their characters from K1, or you simply carry on at Lvl 20...
 -JoBo-
09-27-2005, 5:36 PM
Why would he need to? You could have a system whereby people could upload their characters from K1, or you simply carry on at Lvl 20...

Can that still be considerd a KotOR game?
The whole idea of KotOR is to develop your character into a ever more powerful force character.Driving his/her story by making moral choices between LS or DS.

How much more powerful could a level 20 Revan get?

Hmmm this is unrelated but does anyone like the idea of a evil Yoda character?
We have had a evil Wookiee why not a evil Yoda for KotOR III ?
 fresnosmokey02
09-27-2005, 6:50 PM

The only reason Revan was level 20 was because that was the limit of the K1 game. I think that it is reasonable to assume that all things being equal that Revan would have been say level 50 if Exile is level 35 (for example). Revan is supposed to be "The Man" and as such should've been more powerful than Exile. So the only reason he is not is an accident of being in the more primitive game.

Now about reintroducing Revan...Revan in some kind of dungeon/prison all hairy and dirty and smelly and somehow stripped of his force connection. Revan escapes and becomes powerful again and seeks revenge (or just stop the threat for LS) a la Count of Monte Cristo.

Or Revan in a prison with a force dampening face mask on. A strike team composed of some new characters with a couple of returning NPC's bust him out and remove the mask. They go on to seek revenge (or just stop the threat for LS) a la Man in the Iron Mask.
 Darth Moeller
09-27-2005, 7:48 PM
But what fun would it be to start out as an uber-powerful Jedi/Sith right away? That takes away all the fun. I say either new PC or exile, but I don't think Revan fits in.
 Devilsfanatic
09-27-2005, 8:17 PM
You can't, I just don't think it to be possible really.
 TreeX
09-27-2005, 8:31 PM
mmm... i myself can't really see Revan coming back as a PC, but if he does I was under the impression he goes to fight something or another, perhaps the True SIth (i dunno), loses and is left for dead, considering the magnitude of his/her power and losing I'd say he/she manages to stay alive, and A. recover on his/her own then go hunting or B. the Bastila/Kreia character shows up to save him/her and teh story goes on from there.

EDIT: in the process of getting whooped revan loses his/her powers

and the meaning for the Bastila/Kreia character i meant as in the mentor kinda character. aka. Bastila as Mentor and Kreia as Master...
 AnarKy
09-27-2005, 8:41 PM
I think we should not play revan again in kotor 3 because he will know too much about what's going on. Kotor 3 story must be like the one in the 1 and 2, strange, intriguing and with some surprising information at the end. I dont think that it could happen with Revan as main character. Unless they make for the third time in 3 strory a chararter that had a memory lost. :P
 darth-enigmus
09-28-2005, 6:41 AM
I think Revan has had his day as the PC of Kotor. Maybe as a NPC, but not the main PC.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-28-2005, 6:57 AM
OK here's mine:

You start of as a citizen of a colony of refugees in the Unknown Regions, you are like a part of a family there. You finish you last tests and you can get one with life and go to the Known Regions. The thing that has been happening is that a dream seems to trobule you. The main character helps (or kills) other villages and finds out that there is a old man in the mountains that can help you. You go to him and he's a Obi-Wan/Kreia mix, a Jedi. You go through conversations and you determine what happened from the Mandalorian Wars to the end of KOTOR 2. You walk out of the cave and at the bottom of it is a Force-user. He (she, depending on the conversation) is called Ryan Pano (clone of Pierce Brosnan in my opinion) or Allana Fayden. You try to get off the planet. You call the Ebon Hawk and get ready for the departure. Just then when you're saying goodbye, the Sith attack the planet and waste it completely.

Later on the ship, Ryan Pano is acctuely the Exile (Ry'ghol in Sith). You find out that the Galaxy is now a Sith Empire and there is a Sith Order.

Later when you gather all your party members, you find out that you are Revan.

If I told more to make very much sense, I would have to tell my version of KOTOR 3 story. But that is a spoiler, now isn't it?!
 Darth InSidious
09-28-2005, 10:05 AM
I think that it would not be difficult. I mean, at least in K1 therew as a reason for REvan's memory loss. the Exile;s has a very woolly excuse indeed.

Why wouldn't Revan lose his memory?
Also, in KIII, he oculd start at Lvl 20, [provided there was further for him to go fr om that level. Also, the enemies would simply be harder. Maybe you would have your lightsabre destroyed.....
 montnoir
09-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Let me get this straight... you want the story for Kotor 3 to be:

Revan loses his memory and his powers and his lightsaber and slowly he regains them and either saves the galaxy or conquers it.

and let me guess, you want the story for Kotor 4 to be:

Revan loses his memory and his powers and his lightsaber and slowly he regains them and either saves the galaxy or conquers it.

then there comes the much anticipated Kotor 5 which will change Kotor forever in which:

Very original ideas!
 RobQel-Droma
09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
No, for my idea you just lose your powers, but not your memory or your lightsaber. However, I do understand what you're saying, the losing your memory and then regaining the force might become a little old. As long as they don't overuse the same thing over and over...
 John Skywalker
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated an you should play as a new PC the answering questions thing that determines the gender and looks of revan and exile as said by vladimir should be introduced and you should find them enslaved in the sith empire break them out and they find out your the chosen one even stronger than revan!!!! that will be interesting and you should fall in love with a sith girl an u could conquer the galaxy with her or save her and save the galaxy tooo now that would be good
 lukeiamyourdad
09-28-2005, 4:17 PM

then there comes the much anticipated Kotor 5 which will change Kotor forever in which:

Very original ideas!

I love you when you post such good posts montnoir :D
 RobQel-Droma
09-28-2005, 4:18 PM
Well, I would like it first if you would explain why Revan is not playable and would be too complicated. I do not really understand why he isn't, and you really didn't give much of any reason why. I do like the idea of being a new PC and finding Revan, of course, that would be a good story also I think. And I like the idea of falling in love with a sith girl.
 Evan Ordo
09-28-2005, 5:12 PM
to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated an you should play as a new PC the answering questions thing that determines the gender and looks of revan and exile as said by vladimir should be introduced and you should find them enslaved in the sith empire break them out and they find out your the chosen one even stronger than revan!!!! that will be interesting and you should fall in love with a sith girl an u could conquer the galaxy with her or save her and save the galaxy tooo now that would be good
But I thought the chosen one was Anakin? I mean that wouldn't make much sense now would it?
 RobQel-Droma
09-28-2005, 5:38 PM
Yeah, that would be confusing. I don't think that they should keep creating all these chosen one characters. Not to say that they should just be average "jedi off the street", but there are already so many "chosen one" people in prophecies now.
 TreeX
09-28-2005, 6:45 PM
mmm... i agree that revan should not be playable... but I don't see why he can't be a major influence in the game like TSL, i'm thinking the 'Atton Scene' where you set if revan was good/bad and thios time the Exile too. I can just imagine you were once with the True Sith where they decide they don't need you, beat you up, leave you for dead, you use teh rest of your force power to save you (there's the lvl1 part >_>) and then you go in search of Revan and the Exile to join them for: Dark Side, Revenge or Light Side, Attempt to redeem them, afterall besides Visas in K1 and 2 you never get to redeem anyone...

... keep in mind this is just my guessings and probably has less then 1% of being true, don't wanna get dragged in2 an arguement i do not :sithk:

EDIT: when I say you're looking to join Revan/Exile you never meet him/her until ... perhaps the end in the final battle? You could have a bunch of other party members and in truth looking for holocrons or something left by Revan with hints on where he is etc... oh yeah i repeat these are just my ideas, poke holes in them if you wish by they are MY ideas >_<
 RedHawke
09-29-2005, 12:27 AM

Very original ideas!
Well said, I wholeheartedly agree montnoir! :)

to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated
I agree with you as well John! :) We will be playing a new PC in KOTOR III

It is becoming rapidly apparent to me that some or all of the ADD generation, button mashing, console kiddies cannot seem to grasp the concepts of what an RPG game is. :xp:

(Oops! I went and posted on this topic, now Vlad will want my hide!) :D
 TheOssusKeeper
09-29-2005, 1:05 AM
(Oops! I went and posted on this topic, now Vlad will want my hide!) :D

hehe, run and hide RH... :D

I agree as well, we'll be playing as a new person in k3, if and when they make k3...
 Kain
09-29-2005, 3:25 AM
OORRR they could make it an epic leveled game ala Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal which was a badass game filled with uberpowerful baddies to kick the still beating hearts from your not-quite-as-powerful PC's. So it can be done - especially since no matter what game/show/whatever your playing/watching/whatever theres always someone in the world/galaxy/universe/ more powerful than your most powerful person.
 Prime
09-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Please, not another "stripped of the Force" scenario.
 Darth333
09-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm with Montnoir, Redhawke and Prime on this one.

We need a new PC! and no amnesia or ex-jedi cut fom the force.
 Kain
09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Please, not another "stripped of the Force" scenario.

Yea, talk about beating a dead horse. Once is good. Twice is meh. Thrice will equal NO SALES.
 Nuitari_28
09-29-2005, 1:35 PM
how about Revan is so rubbish against these new sith and so these sith being soo mch more powerful than him you are essentially level 1.
 Nuitari_28
09-29-2005, 1:40 PM
nah sorry was joking with that last post lol im cruel giving fuel to your misdirected fire it will be a new PC, another no-body. Miner or Farmer to jedi/sith bad-ass dude that can do what they want. Lol why cant they give you a monkey instead, I mean monkey ball evolved star wars version they can do it with monopoly so why not...
 guybroom
09-29-2005, 2:11 PM
I think that if you had a random spacer or something, who saw Revan return from the unkown regions to get an army (which includes exile). Then the spacer gets caught by a jedi to see what they know of the fleet (choose revan/exile ls or ds). They get trained and they go and help Revan's army.

Reven wouldnt be the PC, but it might be a small side quest like with the remote or something.
 Vladimir-Vlada
09-29-2005, 2:52 PM

Yes. :p

It's better to stay on KOTOR 3.

to end this argument REVAN CANNOT BE PLAYABLE!!!!! it would be to complicated
And now you've just said the thing that makes a great story. A complicated one.

I agree with you as well John! We will be playing a new PC in KOTOR III
Sigh...

It is becoming rapidly apparent to me that some or all of the ADD generation, button mashing, console kiddies cannot seem to grasp the concepts of what an RPG game is. :xp:
* Blood preasure and pulce rising rapidly... *

To all other posts:

You people really need to ligthen up, I figured that out just about 4 hours ago. You know what? I now have a different opinion about KOTOR 3 and else, I made a thread to express my opinion...
 The_Maker
09-29-2005, 7:09 PM
Having Revan re-re-drained of his/her force powers is just dumb. If that happend in K3 people wouldn't want to play K1 because they will know all their hard work will go down the toilet because the devs say so =/

:barf:
 razorsharp
09-30-2005, 12:52 AM
well a good explination on what happens to revan is given in my thread .
that the events in part 2 of KOTOR are orchestrated by Revan himself. he is a darkside characterthat much is true .

(note) he did go after the one true sith after all and maybe storming himself into war again . just like the mandelorian war's . i can presume he walks the sme path as he did than and eventually ( no matter how part 1 ended) bacame a darkside character again .

that would be the only way to do it .

nihilis and visas where dispatched by him . seel my thread for more info on my point of view
 Kain
09-30-2005, 3:39 AM

If you want to get technical about it, KotOR is not a 'true RPG' in that you are limited to a linear path whereas in a REAL RPG you can burn down every port you go through, turn the Jedi against the garrison guards and watch him get gunned down and then convince the guards you were mindtricked all the while you in direct radio contact with a huge cruiser who pinpointedly demolishes the exact spot where the guards are standing leaving you relatively unscathed and then return to your base operations and convince everyone who was not there that the guard had been driven mad by a gas released just moments before you arrived and you had to force the bombardment and THEN you force the Jedi into thinking he contradicted the Code and he begins his fall by trying to strike you down and then in real life his player hates you...

...or atleast thats what I did with my Sith Lord in the WEG Star Wars RPG system.

It was really ****ed up if you think about it.
 RedHawke
09-30-2005, 4:26 AM
If you want to get technical about it, KotOR is not a 'true RPG' in that you are limited to a linear path
Thinking along these lines then this also would apply for PnP RPG's as well... while we are free to do certain things, it is all within the scope of the world/galaxy and storyline created by the GM/DM, or Developer in the case of a computer game.

Stray from that path too far and the GM/DM has thousands if not tens of thousands of ways, some very painful to your character, to remind you too. ;)

whereas in a REAL RPG you can burn down every port you go through,
True, but only if the allmighty GM/DM lets you. ;)

...or atleast thats what I did with my Sith Lord in the WEG Star Wars RPG system.
You too! :D I love that system.

Too bad the evil WotC came in and killed the awesome D6 system with that lousy D20 schlock! :(
 BumpoTheHutt
09-30-2005, 4:59 AM

From a marketing/sales standpoint this would be most impractical. You'd be limiting the game to only those people who had purchased and played KOTOR I. I'm sure they want to expand their audience to this game (if there ever is one), rather than limit it.

Whatever they do come out with needs to be a stand-alone product that can be equally enjoyed by rookies to the game as well as the dyed-in-the-wool hardcore fans.
 Kain
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Too bad the evil WotC came in and killed the awesome D6 system with that lousy D20 schlock! :(

And the worst thing about it is that KotOR never got a chance to be based on the D6 system:( That'd of made for some friggin awesome battles.

And Force Storm would annihilate the planet you just happen to be standing on, not some 'Reflex Save for Half Damage' dee dee dee ****.
 Emperor Devon
09-30-2005, 6:06 PM
I say, don't make him the main PC. You should have Revan and the Exile as main PC's, and you should play as both of them throughout the game.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-30-2005, 7:36 PM
From a marketing/sales standpoint this would be most impractical. You'd be limiting the game to only those people who had purchased and played KOTOR I. I'm sure they want to expand their audience to this game (if there ever is one), rather than limit it.

Yes indeed and we haven't thought about X Box users. How will they import their characters?

I don't think it can be done.
 RedHawke
10-01-2005, 12:22 AM
And the worst thing about it is that KotOR never got a chance to be based on the D6 system:( That'd of made for some friggin awesome battles.
Also not to mention the whole spending your CP to enhance your skills instead of using the "Oh so D&D" leveling system that D20 uses. Not having a level system is a good and noble thing. But, yes KOTOR and TSL would have rocked in the D6 system. And about the Force Powers, I agree!

When 15D of Control, Sense, and Alter you have reached... stoppable you are not! :yodac:
 SITHSLAYER133
10-01-2005, 1:59 AM
me think it should start with a cinni of revan fightin malak in k1 and then showin him takin the ebon hawk pioletin into the unkown regoins where the ship crashes and revan repairs it and sends t3 back
 Kain
10-01-2005, 4:36 AM
When 15D of Control, Sense, and Alter you have reached... stoppable you are not! :yodac:

I think the highest my Sith got was 10D Alter, 8D Control, and 8D Sense. I could have made my Alter a lot higher after the mission...except the Jedi in the group resisted my lures...in a matter of speaking. His Control was higher than mine and when he realized I was trying to Mind Trick him, I hit him with all the Lightning I could muster. When the rest of the group walked in, I convinced them all he had raised his saber against me. Unfortunantly, he Mind Tricked them into seeing the truth and I was promptly gunned down and they stopped inviting me to play.
 montnoir
10-01-2005, 4:26 PM
...they stopped inviting me to play.
I would have shown you the door after an hour or so into the second session.

... stoppable you are not! :yodac:
Bwaaaahahahaaaha! This use of english must be weird even for Yoda. Is it even... legal?
 RedHawke
10-02-2005, 1:15 AM
I think the highest my Sith got was 10D Alter, 8D Control, and 8D Sense
That's quite respectable, I have a Ex. Imperial Vice Admiral that has Force Skills near those, my other characters are quite old, around 16 and 12 years old, and those 2 are both over 15D in all three Force Skills.

When I did play a Dark Lord of the Sith (I had the GM's permission to do this as it was his idea), I never directly engaged my fellow party members, though I did arrange some of their "encounters", and using those I left clues for them that would help to lead them to come to see things my way. It takes years for the proper manipulation, one of our players, a steadfast Paladin character player, he was playing a Jedi Master (Big surprise there!), my biggest victory was to manipulate him to my way of thinking, enough that when I made my move he followed along beliving he was doing the right thing, it was sweet! :D

After the campaign was over and he knew I had been manipulating things along with the GM, he congratulated me on a job well done! Of course the most humorous part of all this is we then started an AD&D campaign, and we both played Paladins! ;)

This use of english must be weird even for Yoda. Is it even... legal?
I don't honestly know, but with Yoda I guess anything goes... :D
 Kain
10-02-2005, 3:08 AM
Oh man, speaking of Paladins. I was playing D&D and these gnolls were maurading the countryside under the command of an evil wizard(my character just happened to be an evil wizard who fit the description to the teeth). The Paladin was steadfast in destroying them but then I told him how evil it was to just slaughter gnolls without knowing their motivations for maurading. He doubted his faith for a moment and was stripped of all his holy powers. He immediatly attepmted to kill me, but atleast I made him fall from grace. I did end up dead(I was in Melee vs a warrior, c'mon now), but not by his sword - I hit him with a Maximized 12D fireball at point-blank range.
Page: 1 of 1