Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA Fresh install Freezes but...

Page: 1 of 1
 Weiser_Cain
09-27-2005, 1:51 PM
A new video card, was ati now a geforce 6200(don't laugh). UT runs fine, so does another game. this game runs fine until I start SP and the first 3d scene starts. The game comes to a halt and a bit of the last bit of audio repeats itself for a bit until it jumps ahead a bit and repeats. Even happens once the game proper starts. Once you get into the menu the game runs smoothly again, renders models and everything, until you resume game that is.
Thing is when I bring up the Task Manager the sound cuts out but the animations run smoothly. Tried it with and without patch. What's the issue here?
 Jamps
09-27-2005, 9:54 PM
Maybe its the Dynamic Lighting? Go to 'more video' in the setup menu and be sure all the fancy lighting is disabled, and maybe turn down the detail a bit. Also, make sure the shadows are on simple or none. Vulmetric kills systems! Check in your Video options for the resolution you are running it on. 800x600 and below run pretty good, even though it will look a tad choppy. Even turning your detail settings to medium makes a difference.

Also, patch your game.

And if nothing that I said helps, go to Yoda's Help Desk (http://yodashelpdesk.lucasarts.com/default.asp?sid=215238050927067186019096) at lucasarts.com and try it. They usually help. And if THAT don't work, just call them. They're pretty nice and try to help yuo as best as they can (and they usually succeed.)

Hope I helped. :D
 Weiser_Cain
09-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks, that worked!
Page: 1 of 1