Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Beta.......... What's new ????????

Page: 1 of 1
 T-21
09-26-2005, 6:11 AM
What pluses do the officers have ?
Does each faction have the "chaingun" blaster mentioned before ?
Do the Imperials FINALLY get a Death Squad/Death Star Trooper model ?
[ the guys in the black outfits and helmets ]

Does it look like the weapon stats are moddable ????????????????
 McCusto
09-26-2005, 2:00 PM
1) Uh, they have a Sonic Blaster?

2) No, only the Clone Commander has a chain gun

3) Yes!

4) I really don't know
 T-21
09-26-2005, 6:26 PM
3) Yes!

SWEEEEEEET ! What weapons/gear do they have ?
I imagine they would appear on the Death Star level
 McCusto
09-26-2005, 6:52 PM
They appear on every level the Empire does. As for the weapons, they have a Shotgun and DetPacks.
 TK-8252
09-26-2005, 7:16 PM
They appear on every level the Empire does. As for the weapons, they have a Shotgun and DetPacks.

They already had a shotgun...
 McCusto
09-26-2005, 7:41 PM
I know that, twat. I was saying that the new Death Star trooper had one.
 TK-8252
09-26-2005, 7:41 PM
There's a Death Star Trooper in the game?
 McCusto
09-26-2005, 7:44 PM
Yes, there is

Or an Imperial Gunner (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialgunner/index.html) if you were being a smartass.
 TK-8252
09-26-2005, 7:57 PM
Yes, there is

Or an Imperial Gunner (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialgunner/index.html) if you were being a smartass.

Yup.

But when T-21 asked for a Death Star Trooper he meant the Imperial Navy Trooper (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialnavytrooper/index.html).
 HordaK
09-27-2005, 3:23 AM
Yup.

But when T-21 asked for a Death Star Trooper he meant the Imperial Navy Trooper (http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialnavytrooper/index.html).

how do u know it, did he send u a PM? otherwise i cant figure out any word about "Imperial Navy Trooper" in his post, and if u have a closer look TK, the INT and the IG are both in black + Helmets
 TK-8252
09-27-2005, 4:20 PM
 MachineCult
09-27-2005, 4:37 PM
He meant the troops who wore all black outfits and helmets who we saw on the Death Star, the Imperial Gunner.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialgunner/index.html)
 TK-8252
09-27-2005, 4:38 PM
He meant the troops who wore all black outfits and helmets who we saw on the Death Star, the Imperial Gunner.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/imperialgunner/index.html)

McCusto did, not T-21.
 MachineCult
09-27-2005, 4:41 PM
Yes, T-21.
He said Death Star trooper, the Imperial Navy guy was on the ATAT, not the Death Star.
Don't just make statements and expect people to believe you, prove it.
 TK-8252
09-27-2005, 4:57 PM
He said Death Star trooper, the Imperial Navy guy was on the ATAT, not the Death Star.

Dunno who this "Imperial Navy guy" is, because AT-AT's are army, and there were never naval personnel onboard an AT-AT. "Death Star Trooper" is just a nickname made up for the Imperial Navy Trooper before they got their official title. Just like how "Death Star Gunner" is also a nickname for the "Imperial Gunner" since they're most notable for their apperances on the Death Stars, like the Death Star Troopers too.
 HordaK
09-28-2005, 2:24 AM
well we really should wait for T-21 to clear this matter, u ever thought of it that he is maybe not such a Starwars Crack like u TK? maybe hes just a "normal" Star Wars Fan who doesnt know each nickname of each character or person in the movies, sorry but it does not always count what YOU think. TK ur not always right unless u can read peoples Mind over the Internet and know excatly what they are thinking while writing a post
 TK-8252
09-28-2005, 7:55 AM
well we really should wait for T-21 to clear this matter

I remember he was wanting an Imperial Navy Trooper for the first Battlefront.

And "Death Star Trooper" is the nickname for them. Can't deny the SW.com databank.

TK ur not always right

Blasphemy.
 MachineCult
09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
The picture on the SW databank page for the Imperial Navy Trooper is the guy from the ATAT...
 Jan Gaarni
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Death Star Troopers were pulled from the ranks of Imperial Navy Troopers by Grand Moff Tarkin. Only the elite among them were picked to serve on the Death Star.

As you can read on StarWars.com and numerous other sources, the Navy Trooper Corp. was formed for the Imperial Starfleet as a fighting force the Navy could use so they wouldn't be so dependant of the Army.

The Imperial Gunner is something quite different. They are usually pilot-trainees who failed their exams.

However, exactly which one of these 2 units T-21 ment does not come off clear in his post. Most likely he ment the gunner unit, but mixed up the names for them.
 PR-0927
09-29-2005, 3:39 PM
TK-8252 is always right. They ****ed up SWBF II so badly with incorrect names of vehicles, weapons, soldiers, etc. They even have Trade Federation Battle Droid Commanders as the...ENGINEERS! They screwed it all up. The TIE Bombers don't even shoot green TIE lasers, they shoot some wimpy red laser. And, the TIE Fighter has missiles...

The Galactic Empire also has a Theta-class T-2e Shuttle, when the Galactic Republic from RotS should have it...

- Majin Revan
 TK-8252
09-29-2005, 4:28 PM
The picture on the SW databank page for the Imperial Navy Trooper is the guy from the ATAT...

He's on a Star Destroyer in that picture. Remember... General Veers at the beginning of ESB was with Admiral Ozzel.

Most likely he ment the gunner unit, but mixed up the names for them.

I remember before SWBF came out, T-21 was hoping for the Imperial Navy Trooper to be in it, so I think it's safe enough to assume that he's referring to them this time as well.
 MachineCult
09-29-2005, 6:04 PM
I didn't say that second post you quoted, and i don't remember him on the Star Destroyer but i doubt you'd lie about something so easily provable.
 TK-8252
09-29-2005, 6:25 PM
I didn't say that second post you quoted

...I seem to be messing up the names in quotes lately. >.<

*Edits*

*Goes to edit and sees that Jan has already fixed it*
 T-21
10-03-2005, 3:28 AM
Sorry for the confusion and not replying sooner [ comp, probs ] . I meant this guy http://www.rebelscum.com/POTF2deathstartrooper.asp)

The security guards you always see around. Back in the day the 1st figs were called Death Squad Commanders. Guess I haven't kept up with their name game. So I guess they are now called Imperial Navy Trooper these days.

Also does the T-21 appear in BF 2 as a light repeating blaster ?

http://members.fortunecity.com/swresource/weapons/repblas.html)
 Jan Gaarni
10-03-2005, 4:44 AM
Then in that case, no, the Imperial Navy Trooper is not in the game unfortunatly.
But the Gunner is in.

As for the T-21, I'm not really sure. I don't think it is in.
 TK-8252
10-03-2005, 4:36 PM
Told ya. ;)

But no, the T-21 is not in the game. The grenade launchers and stuff look like it though...
 MachineCult
10-03-2005, 6:17 PM
lol yeah, you were right.

The Gunner looks better though.
 Kurgan
10-03-2005, 9:24 PM
Officer = General Veers (or a guy in an identical uniform and color scheme if you prefer)

And by the Gunner I mean the guy with a black helmet that covers his entire face (like those guys manning the Death Star controls in ANH!)
 T-21
10-04-2005, 5:15 AM
Well DANG IT !!!!! on both counts.Why do they always neglect the guards ?
Was hoping against hope they'd drop the launchers for the reb/imps for a T-21 . Hopefully the PC version will be easily moddable and some model people can get the guard made.

I still think a T-21 with half the damage of a launcher but twice the rate of fire would be a good :blueblas1 thing

Thanks for the answers
Page: 1 of 1