Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating a (Beta) Server (works with Full Version too!)

Page: 1 of 3
 Nobodymrb
09-24-2005, 6:28 PM
How is this possible?
Have a look...
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7636/swbf21aq.jpg)

(Later the ping changed to 255)
 MachineCult
09-24-2005, 6:41 PM
Starten, Profil and Optionen speak for themselves
Mehrspieler means more player
Beitreten means join
aktualisieren means update

Perhaps Mehrspieler
 Nobodymrb
09-24-2005, 6:52 PM
I know, but I am wondering how the player TAW_Jaden has managed to create a server, which wasn't possible in the beta yet.
 zerted
09-24-2005, 9:21 PM
What happened to the blue?
 master_skywalke
09-25-2005, 3:01 AM
What happened to the blue?
It seems they abadoned the old blue in SWBFII.
 anders^on
09-25-2005, 2:57 PM
He might have hijacked some sort of server console .. just search for the
TAW-clan's details, might get you onto something.
 Nobodymrb
09-25-2005, 3:21 PM
He might have hijacked some sort of server console .. just search for the
TAW-clan's details, might get you onto something.

I've already joined the server (later it was unlocked) and asked. They said it was a secret and I should join their clan. -.-
I don't think so... ^^
Well, I've created a thread in their forums and they have deleted it ... !
 Fds
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
 Kurgan
10-01-2005, 5:53 PM
Can you quote the relevant portion? Good find though!
 zerted
10-01-2005, 9:53 PM
Here is a link to most of the command line options: http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_7.html)

I have tested most of them and they work. The only problem I am having is that I don't know any of the map names, and thus can't add them to my server. (sort of a big problem isn't it)

To add the commands:
1) Right-click on your SWBF2 shortcut
2) Select 'Properties'
3) Go to the 'Shortcut tab'
4) under 'Target' add the options you want after what is already in there.

An example 'Target' line:
"D:\games\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /win /nosound

The "/win" and "/nosound" where added for the game to be displayed in a windowed and with no sound.
 McCusto
10-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Listen up, this is how to make a server:

Here are the level codes:

Utapau - Outdoor

uta1g_1flag = Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag
uta1c_1flag = Republic vs CSI Capture the flag
uta1g_con = Rebels vs Empire Conquest
uta1c_con = CSI vs Republic Conquest

Tantive IV - Indoor

tan1c_con Republic vs CSI Conquest
tan1g_con Rebels vs Empire Conquest
tan1c_1flag Republic vs CSI Capture the flag
tan1g_1flag Rebels vs Empire Capture the flag

Space Level

spa1g_1flag Empire vs Rebels Capture the flag
spa1g_ass Empire vs Rebels Assault

Step 1. Make a shortcut to the battlefrontII program file (BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe) and place on your desktop.

Step 2. Rename this to "Server" so it's easy to remember

Step 3. Right click on the icon and replace the contents of "Target" with the text below:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /gamename myServer /playerlimit 8 /playercount 0 /bots 16 /difficulty 3 tan1g_con

This will get a 1 map (Tantive IV Galactic Conquest up and running. If you want to include more maps / options then you need to run a batch file instead (as the amount of characters you can fit in a shortcut is limited).

An example of a more interesting server:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe" /nointro /win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /throttle 256 /gamename tiler /playerlimit 4 /playercount 0 /sideselect /bots 0 /difficulty 2 /password dad tan1c_con 200 200 uta1c_con 200 200 tan1g_con 200 200 uta1g_con 200 200
 zerted
10-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Ok, those map names work. I was forgetting to add the game type.
 zerted
10-02-2005, 7:31 AM
You can create as many dedicated servers on your computer that it can take. You can also join one of your own by running the game normally, and selecting your server from the list. So are the servers really dedicated if you are running one and playing on it at the same time?

(I did not edit this onto my last post as this one is a day later, and if you edit your post, it doesn't show up on the 'view new posts' link does it?)
 Kurgan
10-02-2005, 1:32 PM
Nice job guys...
 McCusto
10-02-2005, 2:11 PM
I figured out how to do other maps not in the beta!
 master_skywalke
10-02-2005, 3:17 PM
How???
 McCusto
10-02-2005, 4:47 PM
Well, all I have to do is change the code. For example, I change uta1c_con, meaning Utapau, Clone Wars Era, Conquest, to myg1c_con, meaning Mygeeto, Clone Wars Era, Conquest. Well, I can do that, but all I see when I spawn is a black box, and you can't spawn, either.

EDIT: As you see in this example, I successfully got the load screen for Kashyyyk to appear:
Example1 (http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1097/ex10wm.jpg)

But, this is all I see:
Example2 (http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1522/ex22av.jpg)
 Kurgan
10-02-2005, 6:22 PM
I figured out how to do other maps not in the beta!

I think you mean they ARE in the beta, just hidden. Logically you cannot run a map if it's not in the beta, since... (surprise!) it's not in the beta!

You're saying that there are more than those four maps most servers are running, right?

Edit: Anyway, I see you're saying this is just how you load maps, but since the map files aren't actually THERE, then you just get those black boxes. ;)
 Kurgan
10-02-2005, 7:07 PM
Anybody know how to disable Team Damage (aka Friendly Fire) in a batch file?

Is it /nofriendlyfire or something?
 zerted
10-02-2005, 8:02 PM
All the maps are in the mission.lvl file. However, all the maps do not have dedicated files. The game knows the maps exist (from the mission.lvl) but the files that hold the map layouts are non-existant. At least thats what I think.

To disable team damage use: /noteamdamage
 Kurgan
10-02-2005, 9:29 PM
Excellent, thanks!
 master_skywalke
10-03-2005, 9:17 AM
Well, all I have to do is change the code. For example, I change uta1c_con, meaning Utapau, Clone Wars Era, Conquest, to myg1c_con, meaning Mygeeto, Clone Wars Era, Conquest. Well, I can do that, but all I see when I spawn is a black box, and you can't spawn, either.

EDIT: As you see in this example, I successfully got the load screen for Kashyyyk to appear:
Example1 (http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1097/ex10wm.jpg)

But, this is all I see:
Example2 (http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1522/ex22av.jpg)
Tryed it out for Mygeeto, same here, to bad the files are not in the beta :(
 TAW_Banzai
10-03-2005, 4:23 PM
How is this possible?
Have a look...
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/7636/swbf21aq.jpg)

(Later the ping changed to 255)

now isn't that interesting. :halo2:

I can tell you that we at TAW are helping test the server code and managers.

as of today, I have three SWBF2 servers running with more to come. if you're really interested, check out our website. www.theartofwarfare.net)
 TAW_Banzai
10-03-2005, 4:23 PM
I know, but I am wondering how the player TAW_Jaden has managed to create a server, which wasn't possible in the beta yet.

Actually, it was my server.

But i'll tell him you said that.
 TAW_Banzai
10-03-2005, 4:25 PM
I've already joined the server (later it was unlocked) and asked. They said it was a secret and I should join their clan. -.-
I don't think so... ^^
Well, I've created a thread in their forums and they have deleted it ... !

I didn't delete your thread. It was moved to a secure part of the forums. I can always move it back if you like.

When someone figures out how to put a password on thier server using the command line shortcut, i'll buy you a cookie.

Better yet, put an admin password on the server using the command line trick. If someone knows your admin password, or if you don't have one, someone can log in to your server's in game admin and do all kinds of neat things. like ban everyone.
 zerted
10-03-2005, 9:36 PM
Sounds fun...

Information should be free. What good is information if no one knows it, and if no one knows it, is it still information?
 TAW_Banzai
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
information is free.

you just have to know who to ask, and how to ask.
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 1:24 AM
information is free.

you just have to know who to ask, and how to ask.

Ha! TAW, if you bow down before me (in h0n0rz), I will tell you how to put a password on.
;)
 zerted
10-04-2005, 1:49 AM
...you just have to know who to ask, and how to ask.
Knowing who to ask and how to ask, is also information. Who and how do I ask, to get the information on who and how I should ask, to attain the information that I don't know?

(who or whom. I don't know or care enough to look it up.)
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 1:54 AM
Don't bother sucking up to him, I sent you the info (check your PM's). Enjoy!
 zerted
10-04-2005, 2:30 AM
Thanks
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 3:23 AM
Anyway, our clan friend is right. Best to put admin passwords on your servers, or bad things might happen. :P
 TX-2000
10-04-2005, 4:46 AM
hey do you mind if i get that info as well? im pretty sure if i make a beta server then i'll need admin controls. oh and is there any way to control the hero status? like the amount of points you need to earn before you can become one and the amount of people to be able to play a character??

thanks, any info is highly appreciated.
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 9:44 AM
Sure thing, I just grabbed it from here (http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Battlefront_13_Server_Beta;40945). ;)

(Note: these are from SWBF1's 1.3 beta, but they are the same here, just replace the map names for the ones in this game below):

Remote Admin

Remote admin commands can be typed in game through the chat
system. Use global chat (ctrl-t) and start each command
with /admin. The first admin command must be /login unless
you are on the host. The admin password is set from the
command line with the /adminpw <password> option.

“/login <password>” – login as admin

“/waitlate” | “/nowaitlate” – turn on and off waiting for
late moves from clients

“/dropmap” – drop the specified map from the rotation or
the current map if no map is specified

“/addmap” – add a map to the rotation

“/nextmap” – skip to the specified map at the end of the
current game

“/players” – list the players in game

“/boot <player number>” – boot the specified player

“/endgame” – end the current game

“/say” – send an admin message to all players

“/maps” – list the maps in rotation

“/shutdown” – shutdown the server

“/bandwidth <kbps>” – set the hosting bandwidth

“/adminpw <password>” – change the admin password

Sample Dialog:
/admin /login yoda
-> logged in
/admin /players
-> 0 – ‘Drone’
-> 1 – ‘Lindsey’
-> 2 – ‘Duurrp’
-> 3 - ‘KonKushn’
-> 4 – ‘Stryker’
-> 5 – ‘Darth Sinical’
/admin /boot 0
-> booted

In addition to in game admin there is a “Terminal”
application for controlling servers. It is very minimal
but functional. All of the commands above can be entered
from the terminal but you must first connect using
the command ‘connect <ip address> | <host name>’.

Sample Dialog:
connect swbf005
-> hello
/admin /login yoda
-> logged in
/admin /maps
-> hot1i
/admin /addmap rhn2c
-> map added
/admin /endgame
-> game ended

Here are the mission names to use with /addmap

Maps endings:
a - Alliance (GCW)
i - Imperial (GCW)
r - Republic (CW)
c - CIS (CW)
1 - usually out in the open
2 - usually in a city

bes1a
bes1r
bes2a
bes2r
end1a
geo1r
hot1i
kam1c
kas1c
kas1i
kas2c
kas2i
nab1c
nab1i
nab2a
nab2c
rhn1i
rhn1r
rhn2a
rhn2c
tat1i
tat1r
tat2i
tat2r
yav1c
yav1i
yav2i
yav2r

The addon maps for Jabba’s palace
tat3c tat3a

You may also find this page, at Tweak Guides (again for SWBF1) (http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_7.html) useful. Lots of info! I'd never run a SWBF1 server, but most or all of the stuff is the same here apparently.

As to modifying the Hero stuff that's something I don't know yet. So make your batch file and away you go! But type carefully... due to that weird typing bug, it's easy to mistype, don't give away your login accidentally!
 NegativeSmiley
10-04-2005, 5:11 PM
Is it just my computer or is the target space limited? I can only get about 2 maps names in and thats it. If its not can someone tell me how to change it.
 McCusto
10-04-2005, 7:04 PM
Nevermind
 TAW_Banzai
10-04-2005, 9:16 PM
Ha! TAW, if you bow down before me (in h0n0rz), I will tell you how to put a password on.
;)

Um, i have a copy of DSmanager, that's how we have three (3) servers running.

no command line tricks here.

just remember, TAW also had the first private dedicated server up.

www.theartofwarfare.net)
 TAW_Banzai
10-04-2005, 9:17 PM
Knowing who to ask and how to ask, is also information. Who and how do I ask, to get the information on who and how I should ask, to attain the information that I don't know?

(who or whom. I don't know or care enough to look it up.)

nevermind.
 TAW_Banzai
10-04-2005, 9:37 PM
ready kiddies?

ok, good listen up.

I'm going to list some command line switches and what they are for.
/adminpw goaway sets the admin password. in this case it's "goaway"
/noaim turns off 'aim assist'
/noteamdamage nuff said
/heroes 1 turns heros on
/hrunlock 3 sets heros unlock mode to points.
/hrunlockvalue 15 set the threshold of the unlock. in this case, first team with a member to reach 15 points.
/hrplayer 1 sets teh 'award' mode for who gets the hero. in this case, the player wih the most points.
/hrteam 3 sets which teams get heros. in this case, both teams, seperatly. (means that there can be both factions' heroes on the field at the same time., but not always.)
/hrrespawn 2 honestly, i don't know what this does, so leave it at 2. i do know that it has to be in there.
/hrrespawnvalue 30 sets teh time on respawning for the hero. 30 seconds here i think.
/pregametime 30 sets how long you see that "game will start in XX" countdown. i like mine set at 14. :D
/spawn 0 sets spawn invincibility, zero for none. 2 seconds is good. spawn mining is bad, mmmkay?
/bootlagger 300 sets a value for allowing laggers on the server, here it's set to 300ms.

and here is the full command line for the settings above, just make a batch file like is lined out above. with these settings.

i have removed the directory, use your own. all you'll have to do is change the server name and admin password. you'll get all maps, GCW first, then CW.

/win /norender /nosound /autonet dedicated /resolution 640 480 /gamename test /adminpw goaway /tps 30 /playerlimit 30 /playercount 1 /bots 12 /noaim /noteamdamage /difficulty 3 /bootlagger 300 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 3 /hrunlockvalue 15 /hrplayer 1 /hrteam 3 /hrrespawn 2 /hrrespawnvalue 30 /pregametime 14 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 3 /netregion NA spa1g_1flag 200 200 spa1g_ass 200 200 tan1g_con 200 200 tan1g_1flag 200 200 uta1g_con 200 200 uta1g_1flag 200 200 tan1c_con 200 200 tan1c_1flag 200 200 uta1c_con 200 200 uta1c_1flag 200 200

enjoy. now check out our website. www.theartofwarfare.net)
 zerted
10-04-2005, 9:42 PM
Is it just my computer or is the target space limited? I can only get about 2 maps names in and thats it. If its not can someone tell me how to change it.
Yes, the target space is limited. Move it into a batch(*.bat) file.
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Also you might want to mention that you can change how many tickets each team begins with on each map. Though 200 vs 200 is what everyone is using and this is a good number (more than that it tends to drag on and usually you just win via captures in Conquest at least), you can freely change it to your liking!

Um, i have a copy of DSmanager, that's how we have three (3) servers running.

no command line tricks here.

just remember, TAW also had the first private dedicated server up.

www.theartofwarfare.net)

Be that as it may, the secret's out! Anybody can run a beta server. Don't get uptight about who was first, just test the game and get the feedback to the devs!

PS: You can run multiple servers with batch files, if you wanted to for some reason. ;)
 TAW_Banzai
10-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Also you might want to mention that you can change how many tickets each team begins with on each map. Though 200 vs 200 is what everyone is using and this is a good number (more than that it tends to drag on and usually you just win via captures in Conquest at least), you can freely change it to your liking!

good point, i forgot to mention that

Be that as it may, the secret's out! Anybody can run a beta server. Don't get uptight about who was first, just test the game and get the feedback to the devs!

actually, we have a direct line to teh devs. it was only a secret until someone 'remembered' how to actually use the command line.

PS: You can run multiple servers with batch files, if you wanted to for some reason. ;)

intresting, i didn't know that.
I would advise against running more than one session on the same box that you are playing.
 zerted
10-04-2005, 10:48 PM
/noaim turns off 'aim assist'
/hrrespawn 2 honestly, i don't know what this does, so leave it at 2. i do know that it has to be in there.
/bootlagger 300 sets a value for allowing laggers on the server, here it's set to 300ms.
1) So is there some type of auto-aim on by default?
2) 'hrrespawn' most likely stands for hero respawn. Maybe the amount of heros allowed on the battlefield at a time?
3) What is a boot lagger? Someone who takes a while to load the next map?

I am able to write a nice program with a good GUI to create the batch file for everyone. Can anyone think of a way this would be aganist the EULA? If it is, I won't do it, but if not, it would be a non-profit and an open source program.

Edit: An example of the program is here: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/SWBF2%20Server/example.bmp)
As you can see it is not finished, but user will be able to customize the tabs and options for the program, thus making it useful beyond SWBF2. What do you think?
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Apparently the "auto-aim" in SWBF1 was left on, it was a console leftover, since people couldn't aim as precisely with a gamepad as with a mouse, they gave them a bit of help. When people discovered it, they rationalized that this could be a good thing for joystick users, but ultimately it was seen as unfair, leading to people insisting on it being turned off.

They might have turned it off by default in SWBF2 PC though... I've always had it off on my server, just in case. ;)

I imagine you've guessed right for the other options. That'd be my guess...

Though I think "bootlaggers" is more literal... "boot" as a synonym for "kick" rather than boot as in "booting up" (loading the map). So it is an auto kick for people who lag too much after joining.
 derriere1
10-05-2005, 2:57 PM
1) So is there some type of auto-aim on by default?
2) 'hrrespawn' most likely stands for hero respawn. Maybe the amount of heros allowed on the battlefield at a time?
3) What is a boot lagger? Someone who takes a while to load the next map?

I am able to write a nice program with a good GUI to create the batch file for everyone. Can anyone think of a way this would be aganist the EULA? If it is, I won't do it, but if not, it would be a non-profit and an open source program.

Edit: An example of the program is here: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~dpk3062/SWBF2%20Server/example.bmp)
As you can see it is not finished, but user will be able to customize the tabs and options for the program, thus making it useful beyond SWBF2. What do you think?

I doubt it would be a big deal. You are not hacking into their code, you are simply using your program to input the batch file entries instead of typing via command line.
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 3:15 PM
actually, we have a direct line to teh devs. it was only a secret until someone 'remembered' how to actually use the command line.

Not calling you a liar, mind you, but if you have a direct line to the SWBF2 team, why did you need to have an amateur server and not an official one? Or are you citing this "DSManager" (I could find no info on it) as PROOF that you're official?

Using the command line and batch files is a "trick" only because people are used to these server launcher programs that hold our hands. Since the stuff is so similar to SWBF1 I'm surprised it took this long! But if you want to take credit for starting the "amateur servers" phenomena by getting yours noticed and getting people to "remember", be my guest. ;)

In any case, I took your posts to be bragging, hence my less than charitable sounding comments. It was like you were saying "well, if you suck up to us, some of our exclusive info might rub off on you!" Yech!

It's now a public beta test, so unless you signed an NDA, I think it comes off as elitest BS. Theoretically anyone who runs a server or uses the beta is worthy of being listened to, though I'm sure plenty of people won't have anything worthwhile to say (only signing up to get a "free game").

Again that's my personal impression, feel free to disagree. The people who paid got stuff early, I don't exactly know what you did or didn't do to get in their good graces (though a popular tournament site I can see doing that just on that fact), but don't feel you have to lay it on thick to impress us. ;)

Anyway, not to flame or sound like I'm jealous (I'm not), I'm just disagreeing with the superior attitude I thought you were expressing earlier. Hope you understand!

intresting, i didn't know that.
I would advise against running more than one session on the same box that you are playing.

Any reason why? (Other than the obvious drain on system resources of course)
 TAW_Banzai
10-05-2005, 4:46 PM
Not calling you a liar, mind you, but if you have a direct line to the SWBF2 team, why did you need to have an amateur server and not an official one? Or are you citing this "DSManager" (I could find no info on it) as PROOF that you're official?

DSmanager is the GUI launcher that comes when you DL the dedicated server code.

I'm surprised it took this long!
join the club.

But if you want to take credit for starting the "amateur servers" phenomena by getting yours noticed and getting people to "remember", be my guest. ;)

and what exactly would be a professional server?

In any case, I took your posts to be bragging, hence my less than charitable sounding comments. It was like you were saying "well, if you suck up to us, some of our exclusive info might rub off on you!" Yech!
brag, i do not.

It's now a public beta test, so unless you signed an NDA, I think it comes off as elitest BS.
I did, and now that things are in public, i can talk about them. that's why everyone that posted in our forums asking how we got a server running got thier posts moved.

(though a popular tournament site I can see doing that just on that fact), but don't feel you have to lay it on thick to impress us. ;)

that's exactly how we got in on it. We are one of the largest SWBF clans in the world. We have over 650 members spread between 13 sims.

Anyway, not to flame or sound like I'm jealous (I'm not), I'm just disagreeing with the superior attitude I thought you were expressing earlier. Hope you understand!

i went back and re-read some of the garbage that i posted earlier. I could see how you'd say that.

Any reason why? (Other than the obvious drain on system resources of course)

+1
paging captain obvious.
it needed to be said, otherwise someone would try to run two 64 players server on a P4 1.2ghz, 256 of ram and wonder why it lags.
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 5:16 PM
DSmanager is the GUI launcher that comes when you DL the dedicated server code.

And how'd you get to download the dedicated server code? ;)

and what exactly would be a professional server?

However LucasArts/Pandemic setup the beta test in the first place. Before we started using batch files, how did they setup the servers for people to start joining? That's what I mean. Or did they just hand them out to random people and say "run a server for us"? I doubt that!

I imagine they'd have their own servers, and they could always pick groups (like your's) to do so. I just wondered if you were specifically picked or you just "got one" some other way. ;)

brag, i do not.

Mmmm, if say so you do. ;)

I did, and now that things are in public, i can talk about them. that's why everyone that posted in our forums asking how we got a server running got thier posts moved.

Ah, now the truth comes out. ;) Well I'm glad you didn't get into any trouble on account of our prying questions!

that's exactly how we got in on it. We are one of the largest SWBF clans in the world. We have over 650 members spread between 13 sims.

That actually sounds like it could be the entire pc SWBF community (there's barely a hundred people on at any given time spread out over 26 servers). Kudos!

i went back and re-read some of the garbage that i posted earlier. I could see how you'd say that.

Good, I hate to be a jerk, but I call 'em as I see 'em. ;)

+1
paging captain obvious.
it needed to be said, otherwise someone would try to run two 64 players server on a P4 1.2ghz, 256 of ram and wonder why it lags.

Roger. They will still try it though, and wonder... ;)

PS: ASE only shows 69 beta testers on right now, on six servers... four in the US and two in Germany. That can't be right?? Though I see you in your own private server right now! ;)
 zerted
10-05-2005, 6:08 PM
...However LucasArts/Pandemic setup the beta test in the first place. Before we started using batch files, how did they setup the servers for people to start joining? That's what I mean. Or did they just hand them out to random people and say "run a server for us"? I doubt that!
That actually sounds like it could be the entire pc SWBF community (there's barely a hundred people on at any given time spread out over 26 servers). Kudos!
PS: ASE only shows 69 beta testers on right now, on six servers... four in the US and two in Germany. That can't be right?? Though I see you in your own private server right now! ;)

LucasArts most likely had the command line arguments working first, to setup any any servers. Or, early on and having access to the soure code, hard coded in all the variables needed for the servers. The first user interface for creating servers would have been the command line interface.

TAW does not have me.

What is ASE?

When I had my servers running, I had three going at a time. Anyone who was on it want to say if it was laggy?
 Kurgan
10-05-2005, 6:56 PM
The command line stuff worked in SWBF1 as well, it's virtually unchanged. So without a program module to launch a server or a stand alone file for running servers (the ones for SWBF1 were all huge unweildy affairs IIRC), it's about all you've got!

ASE = All-Seeing Eye, a popular game server browser program. Btw, you can check the pings via your own game browser. ASE also lists the SWBF2 beta servers under "other" versions in SWBF1 interestingly enough, but I'm not sure if it's showing all servers or not.
Page: 1 of 3