Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

release dates

Page: 1 of 1
 messle01
09-20-2005, 7:28 AM
Douse anyone know when KOTOR3 is due out
 Darth Covetous
09-20-2005, 7:50 AM
It hasn't even been officially confirmed that its under production yet.
 Prime
09-20-2005, 8:47 AM
It will be a long way away, so don't hold your breath. But you'll hear it here if it happens. :)
 fresnosmokey02
09-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I would look for it in a year to 18 mos. If there is too much lag time between the first two and the next one people will lose interest. The boys at LA make some stupid moves sometimes and no one can accuse them of belonging to Mensa, but their greed often shows through. If they want to make good money on the next game, and I am sure they do, they can't wait too long to release it. So I say by Christmas 2006 for Xbox and Feb/Mar 2007 for PC.
 Darth Covetous
09-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I just they would announce production so we know the damnthing isn't being rushed.
 DarthVandar205
09-21-2005, 1:49 AM
I think they oughta take their time to make the game so it ends up being a quality game and not some half assed rushed job like KOTOR 2 was. They need someone like Bioware to make it so that they have enough power and influence to stand up to LA and tell em that its done when its done and if they want a quality product theyll just give em however much time they need to get it done otherwise theyre gonna suffer for it. I think people would rather wait a while and get a quality product instead of waiting just a short time and getting a less than stellar one.
 SITHSLAYER133
09-21-2005, 2:08 AM
i hope the keep the k2 interface cause it kinda felt smooth to k1
 Prime
09-21-2005, 8:30 AM
I would look for it in a year to 18 mos. If there is too much lag time between the first two and the next one people will lose interest.Uh, there was five years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, and I think it is safe to say it didn't hurt that game any. So conceivably K3 might not be out until 2010. And I'd bet it would sell just as well if not better at that time.
 fresnosmokey02
09-21-2005, 9:47 AM
Uh, there was five years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, and I think it is safe to say it didn't hurt that game any. So conceivably K3 might not be out until 2010. And I'd bet it would sell just as well if not better at that time.

I don't know anything about those games. Well, I do own Jedi Academy, but I don't care for it. It relies too much on dexterity. I've never been into those kind of games (dexterity based FPS type). I like a more story centered game. Which leads me to my point. Too much lag time will hurt the popularity of the game. Especially because it's dependent on a story arc. LA and the game developers will have to ask themselves if people will want to wait say five years to finish the storyline, will it make the current KOTOR fans angry or uninterested, how will it affect sales, will new players be interested - especially if the first two titles are not available anymore so the new players can pick up the story. If they wait too long to release K3, they may as well just release a whole new game with a new story and I, for one, really would like to finish the story and find out what happens to Revan and everything.
 Devilsfanatic
09-21-2005, 1:05 PM
I'm going to have to say it'll be out December 06 for the XBox 360.
 Captain_H
09-21-2005, 1:11 PM
I don't know anything about those games. Well, I do own Jedi Academy, but I don't care for it. It relies too much on dexterity. I've never been into those kind of games (dexterity based FPS type). I like a more story centered game. Which leads me to my point. Too much lag time will hurt the popularity of the game. Especially because it's dependent on a story arc. LA and the game developers will have to ask themselves if people will want to wait say five years to finish the storyline, will it make the current KOTOR fans angry or uninterested, how will it affect sales, will new players be interested - especially if the first two titles are not available anymore so the new players can pick up the story. If they wait too long to release K3, they may as well just release a whole new game with a new story and I, for one, really would like to finish the story and find out what happens to Revan and everything.

I agree with you whole heartedly.
 RobQel-Droma
09-21-2005, 3:11 PM
I'd have to say I think it would be out between maybe the middle of '06 to a few months into '07.
 Prime
09-21-2005, 3:59 PM
LA and the game developers will have to ask themselves if people will want to wait say five years to finish the storyline, will it make the current KOTOR fans angry or uninterested, how will it affect sales, will new players be interested - especially if the first two titles are not available anymore so the new players can pick up the story. They will probably realize that it will be a huge seller as soon as they stick "Knights of the Old Republic" on the box. I don't think there are going to be that many people who will say, "wow, the game is upgraded in every way and is getting great reviews, but I'm not going to get it because it has been 5 years so I don't care." I think that if it is a good game, people will buy it.

Back to my JO/JA analogy, JA was the first DF game that wasn't directly about Kyle, and many complained. Yet it still sold like hotcakes. People tend to hum and haw a lot, but when push comes to shove, people will buy the game. I think that as long as it is a good story/game, regardless of how long it has been, people will buy it.

If they wait too long to release K3, they may as well just release a whole new game with a new storyWhich may very well be exactly what they do. Doesn't make it a bad business decision. :)
 TheGreenGoblin
09-21-2005, 4:08 PM
I expect an announcement sometime next year that it'll be coming out on the 360 and PC. No later than that, I'm sure of it.

As for the gap between JK and JO, that's true, but I think a strong part of the long delay was that there really wasn't a NEED for another installment, not to say JO was a waste or anything, but JK could have stood on its own just fine without a sequel. As opposed to KoTOR where we need a third one to complete the trilogy.
 Char Ell
09-24-2005, 1:45 PM
I'm hoping they'll announce at EEE 2006 and release for both Xbox and PC in Nov. 2006. That is what I'm hoping for but I think it quite possible that the timeline may be pushed out another year, announced at EEE 2007 and released for Christmas 2007. I can't fathom why LA would take any longer than that, barring any unforeseen circumstances like financial problems, another management shake-up, or issues with the developer.
 Vibro
09-24-2005, 2:40 PM
I think they will announce that production has begun early next year. I reckon a late 2006 release.
 warchild75
09-25-2005, 4:55 AM
I would look for it in a year to 18 mos. If there is too much lag time between the first two and the next one people will lose interest. The boys at LA make some stupid moves sometimes and no one can accuse them of belonging to Mensa, but their greed often shows through. If they want to make good money on the next game, and I am sure they do, they can't wait too long to release it. So I say by Christmas 2006 for Xbox and Feb/Mar 2007 for PC.

I agree i reckon 2006 christmas on the new xbox.They have probably started work on it, if iremember rightly i didnt know there was a second one coming out untill about 2-3 months before release.They cant leave it to long between second and third as people will tire of the first two. :)
 chaleur
09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
If there is going to be a late 2006/early 2007 release, we can pretty well expect the announcement in March (GDC: http://www.gdconf.com/) or more likely May (E3: http://www.e3expo.com/). That's when the press is paying the most attention. So, if you REALLY wanted to hold your breath for something, I'd pick one of those.
 Char Ell
09-26-2005, 1:58 AM
^^^
I concur. I guess I was supposed to use E3 instead of EEE? But what I meant was the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Or was that supposed to be IEEE? ;) Ack, too many acronyms in the English language. I can't keep track of 'em all. :lol:

In any case, I understand that E3 is where many game publishers announce their new titles so I will be paying close attention to E3 news starting on 2006 May 10.
 chaleur
09-26-2005, 4:19 PM
I concur. I guess I was supposed to use E3 instead of EEE? But what I meant was the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Or was that supposed to be IEEE? ;) Ack, too many acronyms in the English language. I can't keep track of 'em all. :lol:

Either way, though I'm used to E3! I somehow missed your EEEing in there. Ah well. Have an E-I-E-I-O as payment. I'll still hope for GDC though, 'cause it's sooner. It is possible they might make a GDC announcement, and then have a playable demo of one small area at E3. Or do you suppose that's wishful thinking on my part?
 Char Ell
09-27-2005, 2:44 AM
Purely IMO, wishful thinking for 2006 but not for 2007.

If only I could be a fly on the wall in the new LA buildings in San Fran, then maybe I could give you a more definitive idea. But even if I was a fly on the wall in the new LA buildings I would probably get taken out by a fly swatter before I got any juicy intel, what with my luck and all... ;)
Page: 1 of 1