Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I keep freezin in Jedi knight academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Wizard101
09-17-2005, 4:52 PM
hello lucasarts i have been having problems with my jedi knight academy game,when i go into a server i last like 30seconds and i freeze.it unfreezes after a bit and then it freezes again and i have to restart my computer to get out of the game,it never use to do this but it has ben doin this for a couple weeks,it would be realy helpful if you guys could help me out

Thank you
 Tinny
09-17-2005, 5:14 PM
Have you installed the latest 1.01 patch?
 Wizard101
09-17-2005, 6:59 PM
yes i have
 TK-8252
09-17-2005, 7:01 PM
hello lucasarts

This is LucasForums, not LucasArts.
 RinkXing
09-17-2005, 7:05 PM
This sounds more like a Technical problem rather than game problem.

1) Do you get error messages? if so please tell us.

2) Update your video card drivers, do you meet the minimum specs for playing the game? do you run an outdated computer?

3) Clean your fans, open the side and clean with compressed air, that is often the cause of freezing.

Check if you have any faulty pieces of hardware.
 Wizard101
09-17-2005, 7:46 PM
well i am only 13 so im dont realy no all that stuff lol um ok ill try cleanin the fans,and there are no error messages that come up,i use a windows ME computer,but i got they game like a year agon and have had no problems and now im gettin problems
but ill try to clean fans thank you
 Tinny
09-17-2005, 8:50 PM
i use a windows ME computer

I think this might be cause of the problem.
 Kurgan
09-18-2005, 1:54 AM
Yeah, Windows ME is generally regarded as one of the worst versions of windows in recent memory... I'd recommend Windows 2000 instead, but if you're stuck with it, you're stuck with it.

Do you have plenty of free disk space? Do you meet the minimum system requirements of the game?

You can try getting the latest windows updates (if microsoft still supports ME, I don't know for sure that they do). If you have a registry cleaner and spyware remover you could try those and scan for viruses (couldn't hurt after all, since these things can slow down your computer and eat up memory).

I hope you're not using any "Cd cracks" Or "no cd hacks" because sometimes those can cause weird problems, since they were not created and tested by LucasArts, and can be buggy.

But the freezing issue is often caused by overheating. So clean your fans, get some more ventilation (you can try pointing a box fan at the inside of the open case, just be sure it's not vibrating the case by touching it or something, just blowing cool air on the inside).

If all else fails and you did everything suggested and it's still freezing up, check Yoda's Help Desk over at LucasArts.com. They have some forums too, but sadly few people respond with helpful advice over there, at least I've found. :P
 Wizard101
09-21-2005, 8:11 PM
thanks guys i ill try it
Page: 1 of 1