Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP! Cutscenes desperately needed

Page: 1 of 1
 crzydave
09-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Ok this game hasnt been released in the uk so i managed to grab a russian import version!?!, it works fine in english, it just doesnt have any cutscene BIK files except for the intro, please please please could someone e-mail them over to me, you dont know how much i want to play this game!

You can find the files in workresource/cutscenes/prerendered

If someone is willing to help me ill provide them with my e-mail address.
 Thrik
09-17-2005, 12:25 PM
I really can't understand why a purchased copy of the game wouldn't have cutscene files included, regardless of whether or not they're in the native language. You sure you didn't just download a ripped copy of the game? ;
 crzydave
09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
i got it off ebay, the cds look authentic and its packaging is in Russian , but when you come to install it you can select English. I have no idea whether it has been ripped or what but i paid for it, (didnt know it was going to be a Russian import), i really need the cutscenes as they basically make up the game, if i dont have them i cant tell whats going on in the story. How many Bik files are there?
 crzydave
09-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok i just downloaded the demo and copied over the contents of the cuscenes/prerendered/ folder and the cutscenes from the demo now work in the full game ive got.

I really need all the files from that folder from someones copy of the full game, even if you are not willing to e-mail them perhaps someone could copy them to CD and post them to me, im seriosly that desperate, ill pay a couple of pounds/dollars over paypal for the trouble.
 Thrik
09-17-2005, 1:15 PM
I sympathize, but you have to understand that there's 1.5gb of cutscenes. No email service in existence is likely to transfer that much date, and it won't even fit on a CD. Perhaps somebody else here is willing to work something out with you, but I wouldn't put too much hope on it. :(
 crzydave
09-17-2005, 1:20 PM
1.5gb!!! ahh. Anyone got a DVD burner?????
 crzydave
09-17-2005, 4:40 PM
I've now got a solution, i've found a definate genuine copy of pyschonauts going quite cheap on cd-wow for Ј17.99. Ill get and that copy over the bink video files over then flog the new copy off, so anyone who hasnt pyschonauts i will have a copy in about a weeks time which ill be selling. :-)
 Joshi
09-19-2005, 8:24 AM
Why not just sell the bad russian copy? Or even better, just dump it, I understand that you paid for it, and as it's bad, you shouldn't really sell it on, but at least if you just dumped it and got a better copy, you'd then have a real copy (instead of a bad one which will continue to be bad if you accidentally format your HD or something)
 crzydave
09-23-2005, 5:10 AM
I have now got an original copy of Psychonauts, im going to take your advice joshi and just dump the Russian one, i only paid like Ј8 for it anyway.
Page: 1 of 1