Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

After a long hiatus.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Misery
09-11-2005, 10:09 AM
It's been almost 2 years since I played JK:A online. Well, I finally got the "itch" again, reinstalled and patched and I'm looking for some good suggestions for servers to play on. I'd like to ask for your help in directing me to some good spots since I've been out of the loop for a very long time.

I have noticed that there are hardly any basejka servers going these days and that there are a lot of mods that make up most of the server lists. What I'm looking for in regards to server suggestions:

-Prefer saber-only but not really picky at this point as long as I have a saber to use.
-Prefer limited Force powers but not really picky on this one either. If you suggest an all-weapons server, I would prefer it to be full Force.
-No RP or chatroom servers....looking to play, not chat.

In regards to the mods that are currently popular, I'm really not interested in anything that is remotely connected to the reason why I stopped playing in the first place........the admin mods. I see that there is this JA+ mod that has caused a lot of debate here in this forum. I'm a bit leery of this but I'm willing to take suggestions for JA+ servers as long as it's free of "honor" and is "all play, all the time".

I did notice the "No Limits Gaming" server info in another post....downloading ForceMod now so that I can get in and try it out.....

Any suggestions would be helpful at this point. Now, time to dust of that hilt and remember how to play this thing.....

Thanks in advance and see you online!

DM
 shukrallah
09-12-2005, 9:21 PM
Kurgan's MeatGrinder is good, but other than that, I don't know of any other servers. Like you, I really don't play the game anymore. :(
 Lathain Valtiel
09-13-2005, 4:29 AM
I'd also recommend Meatgrinder, but I'm biased... Don't bother visiting though if you can't stand getting annihilated. People who drop because they are getting raped annoy me.
 Darth_Misery
09-13-2005, 7:24 AM
Played on Meatgrinder over the weekend. Had a lot of fun. Got killed a lot but had fun doing it. It was the first time that I had ever played the Jedi Master game type. Fun, fun, fun. Gotta check the Force power binds in my config. I don't think that I had Force Speed bound to anything and I sure did need it when I had the saber. Oh well, lots of hilarious deaths and the funniest Star Wars quote that I've heard in a long time from another player: "Heir to the Bra of Bastilla!"......too funny.

Also tried the "No Limits" ForceMod 3 server. That was really fun. I really liked the class-based player choices. Fighting against a bounty hunter with a flamethrower was pretty cool. I liked the lethal damage as well.

I also found a pretty decent clan server running basejka FFA saber-only. No BS there either.

It seems that things have changed for the better. While there aren't as many populated servers, it seems that those that are populated are there for the fun. I'll keep experimenting with different servers via All-Seeing Eye. Meatgrinder and No Limits have definitely been bookmarked and I will be visiting them frequently.
 acdcfanbill
09-13-2005, 2:03 PM
oh and dont play on using selfkill on meatgrinder, otherwise it will kick you off :s
 Kurgan
09-21-2005, 9:16 PM
I think the default /kill limit on the Meatgrinder is set to 6. ;)

So yes, don't use /kill binds to try to pick your respawn location or the autokicker comes into play. ;)

Otherwise you should have lots of fun though, come on over anytime!

http://strategy.jediknight.net/jka/server_status.shtml)
Page: 1 of 1