Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Screenshots in KOTOR/KOTOR 2

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthVandar205
09-09-2005, 2:01 PM
I have a slight problem. When I watch the cutscenes in KOTOR, the ones where I talk to the people in game and not the prerendered ones, I am unable to take screenshots of them with the games built in screenshot feature. The funny thing is, in KOTOR 2, it allows me to do this. Does anybody know why this is? Is it some code thing or is it something you can change by editing the swkotor.ini? Also when I try those screen capture utilities to get the screenshots of the cutscenes, sometimes the whole picture doesnt appear in the shot, like sometimes the black bars are missing or even parts of the characters bodies are missing. So I have trouble even using those things to take screenshots for me. I was just wondering what I ought to do about this.
 TheOssusKeeper
09-09-2005, 2:20 PM
here's a quote from RH...

With notepad open the swkotor.ini file in your Kotor directory and, under the [Game Options] section,change the entry "EnableScreenShot=0", for "EnableScreenShot=1" (without quotes). After this when you want to take a screenshot, just press your Print Screen key. Your screenshots will be stored in your SwKotor Directory as .tga files. And they are viewable with Photoshop, and Paintshop Pro, etc.

I hope this helps!
 Captain_H
09-09-2005, 4:09 PM
What is the command for saving screenshots in KOTOR II?
 DarthVandar205
09-09-2005, 7:45 PM
I was actually referring to taking screenshots of the ingame cutscenes in KOTOR 1, KOTOR 1 doesnt let me do this, but KOTOR 2 does. I was just wondering if anybody knew why this is and if there was any way to correct it so I could take screenshots of the ingame cutscenes in KOTOR 1 like I can in KOTOR 2.

Also the ingame cutscenes im referring to are the actual rendered ones and not the prerendered ones on the disk. For example when you talk to a character, those are the ones im talking about.

Ive tried taking these screenshots using an outside screen capture utility but some of the screenshots turn out incomplete or look funny.
 Lando Griffin
09-09-2005, 9:39 PM
just go to www.fraps.com/), and download fraps, u can take pics during any game, while talking, fighting, and i think cutscenes too. and its free. the pics will go to the fraps folder, in ur local disk or something.
 TheOssusKeeper
09-09-2005, 10:11 PM
I was actually referring to taking screenshots of the ingame cutscenes in KOTOR 1, KOTOR 1 doesnt let me do this, but KOTOR 2 does. I was just wondering if anybody knew why this is and if there was any way to correct it so I could take screenshots of the ingame cutscenes in KOTOR 1 like I can in KOTOR 2.

Also the ingame cutscenes im referring to are the actual rendered ones and not the prerendered ones on the disk. For example when you talk to a character, those are the ones im talking about.

Ive tried taking these screenshots using an outside screen capture utility but some of the screenshots turn out incomplete or look funny.

the print screen should still do the job, if not then a screen capture progy can do it, like fraps (per Lando) or PSP9 or something similar...
 Shem
10-23-2005, 3:15 AM

I have the same problem. I can take screenshots in game play, but not in the cut scenes. But I can take screenshots in TSL during cut scenes.
 mjpb3
11-12-2005, 1:22 AM
Same here...

I can take in-game screenies, but not cutscenes or conversation scenes...

but the funny thing is, I seem to remember doing this once...

also, my launcher disappeared...

when I double click the K1 icon on my desktop, I don't get
the launcher anymore, it goes straight into the game,
unless I pop my K1 disk out, then put it in again...

does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
 Bob Lion54
11-12-2005, 12:38 PM
^^^
I don't recall ever getting the launcher by clicking the icon. It always goes to the game for me.

I thinks thats how it works with most games, now that I'm thinking about it.
 cjt0202
11-13-2005, 7:17 AM
I can take in-game screenies, but not cutscenes or conversation scenes...K1 doesn't seem to automatically generate the .tga files during conversations, but the image is in your clipboard after you hit "Print Screen", so you can paste it into Paint or your favorite editing program.
 mjpb3
11-13-2005, 10:18 AM
^^^
I don't recall ever getting the launcher by clicking the icon. It always goes to the game for me.

I thinks thats how it works with most games, now that I'm thinking about it.

I've had K1 installed for about 2 months now and up until around 2 wks ago I always got the launcher when I clicked the icon

Then all of a sudden, for some reason, it stopped...
 mjpb3
11-13-2005, 10:26 AM
K1 doesn't seem to automatically generate the .tga files during conversations, but the image is in your clipboard after you hit "Print Screen", so you can paste it into Paint or your favorite editing program.

So, what if I wanted to take multiple screens of a scene?
 cjt0202
11-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Gee, how'd I guess? ;)
So, what if I wanted to take multiple screens of a scene?Takes a lot of patience :)
"Print Screen", switch to editor, paste, switch back to the game, repeat...
 mjpb3
11-13-2005, 4:36 PM
Gee, how'd I guess? ;)

;)
 Lei Hng Wei
03-10-2006, 1:07 AM
I've edited the .ini file, but what's KOTOR's keybind to take screenshots on an Apple laptop? We don't have PrintScreen buttons.

And if anyone posts "buy a PC", that's a flame. I came here for help.

If someone were to post "buy a PC" that would actually be spam not a flame. ;) -RH
 DarthVandar205
03-10-2006, 1:35 AM
Same here...

I can take in-game screenies, but not cutscenes or conversation scenes...

but the funny thing is, I seem to remember doing this once...

also, my launcher disappeared...

when I double click the K1 icon on my desktop, I don't get
the launcher anymore, it goes straight into the game,
unless I pop my K1 disk out, then put it in again...

does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Most games have a "launcher" exe and a game exe. You probably have the game exe on your desktop that skips the launcher and goes right into the game. You should have a launcher exe in your KOTOR folder, so just go in there and make a copy of it and place that one on your desktop. When you put the k1 disc into your disc drive the launcher always comes up automatically, so if you really wanna use the launcher and dont wanna mess with the icons just open and close your disc drive and the launcher will pop up.
Page: 1 of 1