Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

#$^$ a lego! I want to play though Episodes I-VI, kotor team are you listening?

Page: 1 of 1
 agirlyman
09-06-2005, 5:44 PM
Imagine playing as "Luke Skywalker", or a custom character in Episodes IV-VI, and the choice to choose the Light or Darkside (or not). How about playing "Obiwan" in Episodes I-III? They could use the score, and voices from all the movies. It would be an awesome experience, if anybody could pull this off the Kotor team could.
 fresnosmokey02
09-06-2005, 7:19 PM
I wouldn't want to do that. You couldn't chose to play dark side if you play as Obi Wan or Luke. It would ruin the continutity of the story and screw it up, at least for me. I say leave the movies as they are and let's just stay in the KOTOR era. That way it doesn't impact the rest of the SW universe.
 The_Maker
09-06-2005, 8:31 PM
Yeah, and why on this green earth would Obi Wan go DS?!? o_0
It just doesn't make any sense so forgive me if this sounds blunt or rude but that idea totally stinks =/
 dale03ster
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
The fun of KotOR is discovering the story and performing quests that help you discover the story, i am sure that everyone here (or that would by a SW game) has seen the movies, so it'd be like watching the movie with a character that you couldn't even call your own.

Boring, if you ask me...
 The_Maker
09-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, when games & movies collide there is usually a lil thing called a B-0-M-B that occurs shortly after the merging is finished ;)
 Prime
09-07-2005, 9:57 AM
The devs looked at doing an OT era game, but there were way too many continuity points to tie into that coming up with a grand scale story was impossible.
 IndianaSolo
09-07-2005, 3:02 PM
The devs looked at doing an OT era game, but there were way too many continuity points to tie into that coming up with a grand scale story was impossible.

And I'm glad they didn't. I wouldn't want to play a game where I was forced to be an existing character, especially one with a well known history like Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi.
 Darth InSidious
09-07-2005, 5:26 PM
Mmm.........Besides, Revan 0WNS :D :D
 agirlyman
09-07-2005, 7:10 PM
I said "or not", *

* Insults towards other members are not tolerated here. Voice your opinion in a respectful manner.- Dart333
 Emperor Devon
09-07-2005, 7:25 PM
*looks at thread title* My my my, someone woke up on the wrong side of the starship this morning!

This has absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR III.
 Darth333
09-07-2005, 8:15 PM
If I want to see EP1 -VI, I'll watch the movies. This would also limit character development. I definitely prefer to see an original storyline with new characters to discover.
 Jeff
09-07-2005, 9:21 PM
If I want to see EP1 -VI, I'll watch the movies. This would also limit character development. I definitely prefer to see an original storyline with new characters to discover.
Couldn't have said it better.
 Aurora Merlow
09-08-2005, 9:07 AM
Totally agree, the best thing about kotor is that it brought a new, fresh and unkown story and characters to the star wars world. It wouldn't have any shock value, we already know the twists and who dies where and how it pans out in the end.
 stingerhs
09-08-2005, 9:27 AM
well, even though Empire at War will be taking place in the OT period, its still nothing like an RPG. controlling massive fleets of Star Destroyers is one thing, controlling whether or not Luke turns to the Darkside at Bespin is another.
 Prime
09-08-2005, 9:46 AM
The other nice thing is that the KOTOR has more freedom in general. The developers were free to have lots of Dark Jedi running around which meant the opportunity for lightsaber battles. You could also have Jedi with less restrictive rules enforced on them (there might not have been a romance plot, for example). And yet, just about everything in the game is familiar and has a counterpart in the films.
 rgdelta
09-09-2005, 4:54 AM
Reason it was decided for this time period for KOTOR is because there is a cannon gap that could be used. Also it would not be Knights of the OLD REPUBLIC if you played Episodes 1-6
 warchild75
09-09-2005, 3:42 PM
Imagine playing as "Luke Skywalker", or a custom character in Episodes IV-VI, and the choice to choose the Light or Darkside (or not). How about playing "Obiwan" in Episodes I-III? They could use the score, and voices from all the movies. It would be an awesome experience, if anybody could pull this off the Kotor team could.

I agree with you man altough i would like to choose to be either light aka obi wan or dark aka anakin or darth sideous and to keep the same combat system and rpg type gameplay that would be really cool. :lsduel:
 IndianaSolo
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
I agree with you man altough i would like to choose to be either light aka obi wan or dark aka anakin or darth sideous and to keep the same combat system and rpg type gameplay that would be really cool. :lsduel:

There's already a game like that. It's called Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
 lukeiamyourdad
09-10-2005, 11:51 PM
That's a recipe for a very linear "RPG".

Linear RPG=Boring
 Soogz
09-11-2005, 9:36 AM
No offence or anything but, this thread seems worthless. Anyone who wants to see those characters will watch the movies.
Page: 1 of 1