Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Edit the game's content

Page: 1 of 1
 ChaosFish
09-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Yo everyone!
My name's Ido, but my friends call me Fishos (my net friends anyhow :p).
I'm new to the Grim Fandango community, but I was one of the firsts to be Grim Fandango fans!
I still haven't browsed these forums, so I don't know anyone yet, but I'll be honest: I came here for help.

I live at Israel, and I'm also a Little Big Adventure fan. This combination has brought to the world the Hebrew translation for Little Big Adventure (http://hebrew.twinadv.net/). First I translated the game's text and edited the font, then I inserted it into the game. All of this of course, using programs LBA fans have made.

Now, you guessed right, I want to make a Hebrew translation for Grim Fandango.
The thing that stands in my way is, how?

So to the point, are there programs to edit Grim Fandango text, font, or any other sort of content? I'll greately appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
 Grim_comician
09-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey, ChaosFish! Glad you joined the LucasForums! I bet you like Grim Fandango too! :p
 James Isaac
09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi,

Welcome to the LucasForums.

Well, someone else is currently making a Chinese version of Grim Fandango, after discovering how to do it (importing a custom font and everything). More info about that can be found here: http://dod.dotagame.com/languages.php) . If you contact the guy who's organising that he should be able to explain how you create a translated version. If you need his email address then PM me.

Hope to see progress on your translation soon :).
 ChaosFish
09-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Grim_comician: Thanks for the warm welcome!

James Isaac: I'm very happy to know that! I would like to have his email address indeed, so PM it to me please if you will :)
Thanks!
 James Isaac
09-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok, sent. Check your PMs. Good luck :)
 ChaosFish
09-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Many thanks, I'll contact him!
 Grim_comician
09-05-2005, 1:31 PM
ChaosFish: Psst. Check my location...
 ChaosFish
09-05-2005, 4:36 PM
Holy Moses! Mina, what are you doing here? Still having problem with your magical powers? :D
 Grim_comician
09-06-2005, 11:37 AM
No thanks. Seems to be dead now... 'cause this is the land of the dead. You and I are still not alone in this land, because Morshem is here too.

Hooooo!!! :p
 ChaosFish
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
morshem too? 0wnz!
I had no idea morshem is here. I'd mention that we translated Little Big Adventure together (forgive me for not mentioning you in the first place :o)!

Mor: Do you remember my pm to you about translating Monkey Island? Well I figured it'd be nicer to start with Grim Fandango. :D

Here I am, doing my research and planing to come to Mor with the results later, and he's already here.

I think I'll stay here for a while, this place seems cozy :p
Page: 1 of 1