Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crashing after changing resolutions?

Page: 1 of 1
 bogarden
09-04-2005, 6:05 PM
After I change resolutions in Kotor, it can take as little as one time or as many as 6 times, it crashes to the desktop and on occasion the whole computer crashes. Once it resulted in the windows xp blue screen that said it needed to shut down to keep my computer from harm. After a few times of sending information on the error to Microsoft via internet sumbission it was found that the error was happening in ATIOGLXX.dll (think i got the name right) which of coarse suggests that its the Open GL that ATI is so famous for.

I have a Dell Dimension 8300
1 Gig of ram
On Board Sound (im cheap)
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256

Im just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if i should be concerned or what?
 stingerhs
09-04-2005, 6:57 PM
well, you can do a number of things. first, don't change your screen res in-game. to change your screen res, use the Configuration tool that comes with the game (just click 'Configuration' on the CD autorun;) ). second, make sure your video drivers are the latest available.

otherwise, you should be good to go. and make sure you check out the 'TSL: ATI Driver Issues and Dantooine Lag Fix' sticky thread at the top of the forum. ;)

hope that helps. :)
 bogarden
09-06-2005, 1:04 PM
Thanks for the reply :) I also installed Neverwinter Nights just to see if it was something of a fluke and it does the same thing... ohh well must be something with ATI's Open GL driver... but in that game I am also having some texture issues... some textures will garble... (usually grassy areas on the floor) it looks like the textures are moving within themselves and the pixels are just randomly moving around in the area. Only happens when I move the character.
Page: 1 of 1