Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

updating KOTOR and TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 EmptyWords
09-03-2005, 8:08 PM
hi, i dont know if this has happened to anyone, but i have KOTOR and TSL, both original games, and whenever i try to update it fails, for both games, i tried a few different methods such as, downloading the patch and installing it, clicking update from the game screen, i dont know waht to do anymore, andi heard the patches fix the game up abit. and i also have a problem with dantooine in KOTOR, cause whenever i enter one ofthe areas, the game slows down so much, where as i cant do anything... ive already turned down the graphics to lowest, and turned everythign else off such as grass, and shadows, any suggestions?
 stingerhs
09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
well, to fix the Dantooine Lag issue, check the stickied threads at the top of the forum. it works for both games. ;)

as for not being able to install patches, this is usually due to an error in the installation. to repair the installation (without destroying your game saves), you'll have to run the installation program without uninstalling.

to do this, load the first CD into your computer. whenever the autorun opens, close out of it. go to 'My Computer' and right click on the drive containing the CD. when the menu comes up, select 'Explore'. on the right side of the window, double-click on the file called 'setup.exe'. this should run the installation program for the game and repair the faulty installation you had earlier.

from there, you should be able to patch the game. if not, try contacting LucasArts Tech Support and post the solution they give you here so we can help others that come through with similar problems. ;)
 EmptyWords
09-03-2005, 10:27 PM
thanks, i'll try it out soon once i feel like spending an horu on the installations again :(

edit: i only browsed the stickeys, and its got for ATI, and i use a FX5700Le, so i'll keep looking but maybe it hasnt been posted.
 stingerhs
09-03-2005, 11:38 PM
actually, the fix works for both ATI and Nvidia users. ;)
 EmptyWords
09-04-2005, 1:52 PM
"Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" putting this in my swkotor.ini file didnt help at all. i dont know what to do
Page: 1 of 1