Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Online Jedi KotOR Instant message RPG idea.

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
09-03-2005, 11:12 AM
I was planning on setting up a Online Role Playing game based around KotOR, Which will be played on an Instant messanger (MSN,Yahoo, etc). I'm a member of one for another franchise and i think its quite good and would work in the Star Wars: Knights of the old republic era.

It works by having a gamesmaster (who would be me) who will create missions for people to choose and play. Each player will have 1 character (in this case a jedi) who they will have complete control of, when all NPCs and events are controled by the gamesmaster. Your character like in the KotOR computer game will gain experiance, skills and feats.

I plan to make it that your character starts off as a jedi who has just passed their trials and been made a jedi knight who will be able to select missions posted by the council ranging from negoiations to covert ops.

Your character will be entierly of your making being any species from the SW:KotOR universe (providing there is soom example of a force user and excluding Yodas) and any class (sentinal, consular or guardial). Also you get to build your first sabre/s strait away as you will be knights.

As we progrees you will 'level up' learning new feats and skills and earning prestige, which you can cash in for new equipment including sabre crystals and robes.

but before i set up the rules, database/s and website i'll need i need to know if anyone will be interested in joining (don't worry it will be completely free, i'm not after your money). So post if you would be interested and if i get good feedback i'll make a start on setting up a trial period before i devote to much to it (this will be to see if it works and get rid of any problems in the rules)
 DarthSion101
09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Count me in.....sounds like a good idea....besides, Darth drekker is bound to make a sweeping return somewhere down the line.
 jblue789
09-03-2005, 1:48 PM
I'll consider it. But only Force users? Eh, I think I can make one, but it's still fun to be a non-force user killing Jedi with nothing but his/her mad skillz.
 starmark2k
09-06-2005, 4:45 AM
Although there hasn't been much responce i've started making up rules and stuff for a Trial period.
 Nymf...
09-06-2005, 12:37 PM
im intressed, only don't know how much time I can spend, just started high school in sweden (16 years old so i dunno what it is in the US but anyway) and I spend more and more time playing and training Handball. So if I can I'm v intressed
 Killwithhonor
09-06-2005, 3:54 PM
is this suppost to be a full blown game or wat, i like the idea just dont know wat its like, would it be like an online game like runescape?
 starmark2k
09-07-2005, 3:59 AM
I'ts not a computer programme like rune scape. Its like D&D Role playing but played online instead of on a table(or the floor). Also it will be one on one (THE player and gamesmaster) as its will be played using instant messaging (Like yahoo and MSN). It will use similar Rules To Knights of the old republic includeing the D20 system.
 Blessиd Sith
09-09-2005, 5:51 PM
Only Jedi? No Sith?
 starmark2k
09-10-2005, 4:03 AM
Only Jedi? No Sith?

You will have the opportunity to goo down the dark path.
 ExtreamJedi12
09-10-2005, 9:21 AM
So it uses IMs. I'll consider. But i don't know how 2 IM. Could someone tell me?
Page: 1 of 1