Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Regarding Bots, Dedicated Server, Cvars and various other commands

Page: 1 of 1
 twilightOmni
09-01-2005, 2:19 PM
Hello. I'm a little new to Jedi Academy. Kinda. I finally decided to learn how to run my own server, and I've had a few problems.

1. Does anyone know of a general resource to any type of database for the JKA variables, commands, etc? I've run into several, and done a ton of google searching throughout all kinds of ancient forum posts and been to various Quake III general information sites, but I keep running into new places where there's "something else I didn't know about." Is there some resource that just has everything in one place, or maybe one or two _really good_ resources?

2. I am aware that the bot_minplayers variable controls automatic spawning of bots in the server config files. I have one or two questions/concerns.
--Why do bots spawn even when I set this variable, but forget to set "bot_enable" to 1? How can they spawn when they aren't enabled?
--When I set bot_minplayers to 8, and I run a server where the maximum number of clients is 8, for example, I assume that whenever someone wants to log on, one of the bots will get kicked or something, and the real human player can join. This is what it says in all the pages I've found: "bots will get kicked when real humans join" or somesuch. But when I create a server with 8 max clients, and bot_minplayers = 8, then try to log in myself, it says "server is full." Why aren't the bots getting kicked? There's no other reference to bots in the server.cfg, I'm not spawning them any other way. I'm using bot_minplayers and for some reason they won't make room for me.
 twilightOmni
09-01-2005, 2:29 PM
Erm. This post should probably be in the technical area, sorry about that...any help is still appreciated, though.
 twilightOmni
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
For some reason, it just won't kick bots if the server becomes full. Setting the bot number to anything less than the maximum number of players still will kick bots to make room for real players. So I guess it really isn't that much of a problem, not like I needed a server full of bots anyway.
Page: 1 of 1