Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HELP! I NEED HELP!

Page: 1 of 1
 metaguardian
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Guys I have some real problems with Jedi Academy multiplayer all of a sudden. I started playing in December (some of you may have even played against me online--my online name is metaguardian), and have had no problems whatsoever since. However, a couple of days ago when I clicked on multiplayer no servers would be listed. I would just get a little message at the bottom left of the screen saying "Getting info for servers", but no servers would be listed. I tried clicking "Get New Servers" and "Refresh Server List", but nothing could help. Both single-player, solo and create a game still work fine. I reinstalled the entire JA, and yet the same keeps happening (of course the single-player, solo and create a game are still working) and no servers are listed. I download maps and stuff every now and then, but no mods or anything that could damage the game. I have never had a problem before now and it is driving me INSANE!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I CANT LIVE WITHOUT JEDI ACADEMY MULTIPLAYER!
 Joetheeskimo
08-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Have you checked to make sure it's set on Internet, not LAN?
 metaguardian
08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I checked, and it is on Internet. No servers will turn up no matter what i do.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
08-30-2005, 2:11 AM
Have you re-installed or updated your firewall recently?

The first time I updated Zone Alarm, it reset the permissions for JKA. Next time I played, it opened a prompt window asking for internet access and wouldn't go any further until I confirmed one way o the other. But, because I was running JKA in full screen mode, this prompt was 'behind' JKA. Also, because I was running in full screen, I couldn't Alt-Tab back to click okay.
So I lowered the resolution to below my monitor res, and clicked full-screen to off. That way, when I played I couold see my desktop in the background and switch to ZA when it prompted me. Sorted.

Hope that helps anyways :)

B.
 Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
What firewall do you use, metaguardian?
 metaguardian
08-30-2005, 6:57 PM
Thanks guys for all your help. It turns out that I had a mod (dont know where i got it from or how it got on jedi academy), that keeps looking for local servers not internet. When I got rid of the mod, all the servers came back on. Thanks a lot guys.
 Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 6:58 PM
LOL. That's not a mod. I asked you to check if it was set on Internet, not Local.
Page: 1 of 1