Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AR_ERROR in SWKOTOR II: TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Greatstar
08-27-2005, 1:08 PM
Hi, when I look though files in "my computers", I discovered AR_ERROR in KOTOR II. Here it is:

"Names Differ: PMBMN pmbnm" What did that mean?

Before you could ask, no I did not put any mods or editors for KOTOR II, nothing. That first time I run game, AR_ERROR log is created but game did not crashed, it run fine unit I discovred it.

Had noticed that one? "PMBMN pmbnm"

I hope that belong to it. it corrected?
 stoffe
08-27-2005, 1:38 PM
Hi, when I look though files in "my computers", I discovered AR_ERROR in KOTOR II. Here it is:

"Names Differ: PMBMN pmbnm" What did that mean?

That's just a debug/warning message, indicating that Obsidian probably made a mistake when naming one of the game models. It means that the name (resref) of the model file pmbnm.mdl does not match the name of the model contained within it, which is set as PMBMN. They accidentally (I assume) flipped the position of tne N and M characters.

The game prefers that models are named the same as the filename/resref, and issues the warning message. But it apparently isn't required since the game works as it should anyway. The PMBNM model is the male Jedi Master robe model, and since it appears properly in-game you can just ignore this message.

The error message appears whenever a male NPC or party member wearing a robe using the Jedi Master Robe model (the one with a bigger "bathrobe", baggy pants and jackboots) is loaded in the game.
 Greatstar
08-28-2005, 9:43 AM
I got it, thank.
Page: 1 of 1