Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cheat Menu?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jimbo_Jetplane
08-24-2005, 4:00 PM
I was looking for cheats to mess about with on the game and I faced the same problem again and again

When Iwant to do such things as insert vehicles into the game and such it tells you to press Shift + ~ to bring up a command menu then type in the cheats.

This doesn't bring up any menu, ive tried evrything.

Can u help?
 Neon
08-24-2005, 4:24 PM
You probable got a european keyboard, or that's what I call it :)
Because people in USA and UK use qwerty boards, and some other countrys azerty ones, some keys changed. I need to do Shift + І the key above your tab key. If it doesn't work (wich I don't think) then you got to ask someone from your country, because there are still other kinds of keyboards. But I think these are the 2 most used.
 riceplant
08-24-2005, 5:32 PM
You could try pressing shift + ` (The key left of 1). That works for me. For some reason, the game interprets ¬ as a tildй (Actually, you get a tildй by pressing shift + #, but it's dumbed down to 'press shift + ~').
 Jimbo_Jetplane
08-25-2005, 8:29 AM
Thanks for that. It works and everything.

One problem is one vehicles though. I spawn a creature of somesort or a fighter etc. but it wont move. Have I done something wrong?
 riceplant
08-25-2005, 8:08 PM
Probably not. You see, you're not meant to use the console for anything, really. Characters who only appear in cinematics will not do anything, as they neither have, nor need, AI.
 Samuel Dravis
08-25-2005, 9:10 PM
If you ever want to rebind the key to something perhaps more accessible, just type this into the console:

bind <key> toggleconsole

Replacing <key> with whichever one you want to use, of course.
 shukrallah
08-25-2005, 9:29 PM
Make sure there is a lot of room for the vehicle. They are big. If they are clipping into any other objects... well, they simply won't work. Download a big empty map somewhere... pcgamemods has a lot of crappy maps like that. Load em up and try it out. It should work.
 riceplant
08-26-2005, 8:37 AM
And make sure the ground's flat. If it isn't, you could still have clipping issues. You can fix these by flying up a little (using noclip), and then spawning. It seems I misread your post, by the way. You are in fact talking about vehicles, not NPCs, right?
 Jimbo_Jetplane
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
And make sure the ground's flat. If it isn't, you could still have clipping issues. You can fix these by flying up a little (using noclip), and then spawning. It seems I misread your post, by the way. You are in fact talking about vehicles, not NPCs, right?

Yes vehicles like the animal vehicles and the tie-fighters and such - i press everything but they dont move
 riceplant
08-26-2005, 12:12 PM
What exactly do you mean when you say 'I press everything'? And what are you expecting them to do? An AT-ST won't do anything unless it has a driver, or is an NPC rather than a vehicle.
 shukrallah
08-26-2005, 3:45 PM
Go up to the vehicle and press the "Use" key.
 DarkMe
09-05-2005, 3:28 AM
If you want to fly a x-wing or a tie or something you look at it and press the 'use button' when you are in it you press and hold the 'jump button' your starfighter will rise and then when you are well up in the air you press forward key and tataaaa you are flying and shooting (Great fun!!) I have done it and it works! Go to this map to fly it the best one... t2_trip
Page: 1 of 1