Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Framebuffer effects don't work...

Page: 1 of 1
 JStevens
08-21-2005, 12:35 AM
On my new computer, I can't turn on framebuffer effects. It is in grey and I cant switch it on or off. My graphics card is ATI Radeon 9200.
On my old comp, which had an Nvidia card, framebuffer effects were availabe.
I really like the cool lighting and glowing effects so not having that option really effects the overall experience.
I know that my ATI card supports framebuffer effects, so is there anyway that I can fix this?
 stingerhs
08-21-2005, 12:44 AM
you could edit the swkotor2.ini file (default path is ...\Program Files\LucasArts\swkotor2\swkotor2.ini). under Graphics Options, change the "Frame Buffer=0" to "Frame Buffer=1" and "Emitters=0" to "Emitters=1".

hope that helps. :)
 JStevens
08-21-2005, 12:54 AM
naw... it didn't help. Thanks though. Might I also add that Soft shadows and antialiasing are doing the same thing and dont work. I have catalyst 5.8 drivers.
I wish i knew what the problem is.
 stingerhs
08-21-2005, 1:03 AM
the game is probably automatically greying them out because it thinks your card doesn't support it, which is ridiculous. the R9**0 family should support those features, since they all use such similar architecture (i myself use a R9700 Pro).

the only option i can think of would be to flash your video card BIOS to make your computer think you're using a R9600 (which uses the same Processor unit) and overclock it. but i'm not exactly an expert on that type of thing, and that's also a very involved process that could permenantly damage your video card. but if you want to give it a shot, give it a search on Google and you can probably find a number of tech forums that can lend you a hand.

the other option would be to upgrade your card to a R9600. they're getting downright cheap these days and it would solve your problem.

hope that helps. :)
 JStevens
08-21-2005, 1:10 AM
Ok I will ponder this. Thanks for your help.
Page: 1 of 1