Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Make Visas Master Into Visas Apprentice

Page: 1 of 1
 RandomTask
08-18-2005, 6:44 PM
It would be awesome if someone made a mod so that instead of killing visas master he would become visas apprentice and follow visas around like baodurs remote is that possible?
 Emperor Devon
08-18-2005, 7:11 PM
It would be possible, yes. You'd need to edit some dialogue, change a script or two... Here's the script that makes the remote follow Bao-Dur around: (You'll need to change it.)

void main()
{
vector vPos = GetPosition(GetPartyLeader());
float fPCFace = GetFacing(GetPartyLeader());

location lLoc = Location(vPos + AngleToVector(fPCFace) * 1.5f,fPCFace);

object oBaoDur = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,"p_baodur",lLoc);
object oRemote = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,"p_remote",lLoc);

AddAvailableNPCByObject(NPC_BAO_DUR,oBaoDur);
AddAvailablePUPByObject(PUP_SENSORBALL,oRemote);
AddPartyMember(NPC_BAO_DUR, oBaoDur);
AssignPUP(PUP_SENSORBALL,NPC_BAO_DUR);

}

Good luck with the mod.
 RandomTask
08-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Well I managed to attach Nihilus to visas but he wont follow her i custom edited the utc so he fights for my faction i also changed the scripts to match the remotes i'm afraid i'm out of my depth here some help would be much appreciated please I really want to do this now

Just A thought you dont suppose he is waiting to follow BaoDur? (EDIT) Thats a No!
 RandomTask
08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll tell you what else would be awsome if you play on the dark side when you play as hanharr about to kill mira instead of killing her you enslave her and make her follow hanharr about in her slave uniform :sithk:
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Use the script I posted. Naturally, you have to change some of it.
 The_Maker
08-19-2005, 4:13 PM
That'd be uhm.... o.O
Weird. Since by the time you actually FIGHT him the game is 95% finished <_<
 Commas
08-19-2005, 4:31 PM
also weird because after you fight him, i dont think you ever get a chance to put visas back in your party? dont you go straight to malachor after the ravager?
 The_Maker
08-19-2005, 4:41 PM
Yeah, so you would get a Sith Lord following you around for all of 5 minutes of the game <_<

*COUGH*
 stoffe
08-19-2005, 5:54 PM
also weird because after you fight him, i dont think you ever get a chance to put visas back in your party? dont you go straight to malachor after the ravager?

If you head straight to the bridge to deal with Nihilus, you still need to head back down and set the proton charges before you can leave the ship. So you may have a little left to do after the fight.

It also isn't terribly difficult to mod the game to allow you to use your remaining party members on Malachor V, so you could bring along Visas there. Mandalore even has some planet-specific dialog if you talk to him there. :)

I think it's more satisfying and makes more sense to put Nihilus out of his misery instead of bringing him along though. But I never play as a darksider.
 The_Maker
08-19-2005, 6:38 PM
IMO it makes simply no sense, why you would want the former master now following the student o.O

That'd be like me giving out my math teacher candy everytime she taught me something important x_X
 Commas
08-19-2005, 7:13 PM
@RandomTask: sorry, don't let us discourage you too much, if you still want to make this mod, please do, i just don't think you'd get much use out of all the work you'd put into it, unless you do what stoffe said and allow for party members on malachor.

I do think it would be cool to have more mods using the puppet feature. i've always wanted to make one where a little tach followed you around and attacked things for you, but i dont know enough about making puppets (i'm sure its pretty much all scripting)...

edit: has anyone made a puppet tutorial yet?
 Emperor Devon
08-19-2005, 7:34 PM
I think there used to be one, but for some reason, it disappeared. I think stoffe might have done it. Anyhow, i posted the script for a puppet. You'll have to change the references to Bao-Dur and the remote, though...

In my opinion, this isn't exactly the best mod. Nihilus, following you around? I don't know... And your character HAS to kill Nihilus, whether on the Light or Dark Side - Nihilus' power is constantly growing, and eventually he will surpass that of your character's - unless he is killed first. And if he lives, he will consum all life - and leave nothing to conquer.
Hanharr sparing Mira? Hanharr's hatred for Mira surpasses the hate that runs through Malachor V...
 stoffe
08-19-2005, 8:00 PM
I think there used to be one, but for some reason, it disappeared. I think stoffe might have done it. Anyhow, i posted the script for a puppet. You'll have to change the references to Bao-Dur and the remote, though...

Yes, I posted a quick tutorial regarding party puppets and such a while ago, though it vanished when the forums lost a months worth of posts prior to the upgrade. I could write a new one though if there is interest. Puppets aren't all that complicated.
 RandomTask
08-19-2005, 10:41 PM
You guys make a valid point i forgot that you go to malachor after the ravager so it wouldn't really be worth it unless he followed the main character instead but i'm not sure if you can do that

P.S A tach following you around would be pretty cool not quite sure how you would fit that in to the story though not even sure if there are tach's in kotor 2
 Mono_Giganto
08-19-2005, 11:06 PM
...You could say it's me.... And have it initiate a dialog when you talk to it, that in turn initiates a "Give Free Blasters" script. :p
 RandomTask
08-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Lol Im attempting it now but im having similar problems with it following the main character
 RandomTask
08-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Well it seems that you cannot assign a pup to the main character well i can't anyway my scripting skills are feeble at best so who should i assign Lil Mono Giganto to?
 Emperor Devon
08-20-2005, 1:10 PM
Yes, I posted a quick tutorial regarding party puppets and such a while ago, though it vanished when the forums lost a months worth of posts prior to the upgrade. I could write a new one though if there is interest. Puppets aren't all that complicated.

That would be nice. I'm no scripting guru, and you could probably explain it in better detail than I did.
 Commas
08-20-2005, 2:53 PM
^^^second, i could really use a good puppet tutorial for a mod im about to start work on
 Emperor Devon
08-25-2005, 4:57 PM
Why on earth do you say that!? That was a great tutorial!
Page: 1 of 1