Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor III Question

Page: 1 of 1
 SeeBattleBoo
08-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Has Kotor III been confirmed yet? Is anyone certain if it is yet being produced? Has it been announced for release on any console? Answers to these queries, perhaps accompanying additional information would be invaluable and appreciated. Thanks
 Prime
08-18-2005, 10:17 AM
There has been no official announcement by Lucasarts. Everything is rumor and hearsay, and there is really no reason to believe that there is any full scale production at this time.

But here's hoping. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
08-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the forums SeeBattleBoo! :waive1:

Unfortunately there is no Official word on any of the matters concerning KotOR III. However, we've established these forums for the users to voice there own opinions & suggestions regarding it :)

When or If there is an Official word on it, be guaranteed we'll let everyone know (then the partying will commence!) ;) .. hehehe

EDIT: Prime beat me to it! :fist: hehehe
 rhinomatt
08-18-2005, 10:18 AM
there is also begging and protesting!
 SeeBattleBoo
08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I am confident that Kotor III will eventually be announced; I was just hoping that maybe it did and I hadn't caught wind of the news. =[
 IndianaSolo
08-18-2005, 1:35 PM
My guess is you won't see an announcement until after the XBox 360 launch. I don't think it'll be a launch title (obviously) so I think either Microsoft or Lucasarts will want to keep it under wraps until they can focus a lot of the spotlight on it by itself.

Christmas 2007 anyone?
 Emperor Devon
08-18-2005, 1:47 PM
Although LA hasn't anounced it, it would only be logical. The KOTOR games had tremendous success, so they would stand to make a tidy profit.
 starmark2k
08-19-2005, 4:17 AM
My guess is you won't see an announcement until after the XBox 360 launch. I don't think it'll be a launch title (obviously) so I think either Microsoft or Lucasarts will want to keep it under wraps until they can focus a lot of the spotlight on it by itself.

Christmas 2007 anyone?

Knowing lucasarts i'd say christmas 2006 will be a more realistic time for it.
 Prime
08-19-2005, 12:06 PM
I'd be more likely to believe 2007 as well. Especially if there is going to be a new engine involved...
 Jeff
08-19-2005, 2:09 PM
I'd be more likely to believe 2007 as well. Especially if there is going to be a new engine involved...
That's the year I was thinking. 07 or 08 I would think.
 IndianaSolo
08-19-2005, 3:07 PM
Knowing lucasarts i'd say christmas 2006 will be a more realistic time for it.

I wouldn't put it past them, but I doubt it. TSL took 14 months to develop (2 months pre-production, 12 actual working on the game) and that was considered quite a rush job. And since there is no developer working on it yet, that'll mean a very similar development cycle for KOTOR3 if they want it out for Christmas 2006 (16 months to go).

I'd say 2007 Christmas at the earliest (assuming they want a Christmas release, if not then anytime from about Q2 2007).
 Commas
08-19-2005, 3:21 PM
i'm hoping for an 07 release, that would allow for lots of development time, and would imply at least a little bit that maybe a new engine would be involved, but if LA did push for an 06 release, i wouldn't be surprised. I just hope there is a simaltanious XBOX and PC release, its torture to have to wait two more months after the game is released! Then again, us PC folks get mods, so i guess we have to throw the xbox users a bone somewhere
 IndianaSolo
08-19-2005, 3:30 PM
IMO, anything earlier than a 2007 release would be another fiasco. I'm as anxious as the next guy to play KOTOR3, but I want it complete.
 Jeff
08-19-2005, 4:30 PM
IMO, anything earlier than a 2007 release would be another fiasco. I'm as anxious as the next guy to play KOTOR3, but I want it complete.
You're probably right. Since they haven't even started production yet (let alone chose a developer), if they take their time and set a realistic timeline, late 07 should be a good time.
 Lightsider
08-21-2005, 5:16 PM
Here is something to think about, Bioware is currently working on an as yet Untitiled rpg, and since they made the first kotor, it will be likely that they will make the next kotor for the new console systems. I think Obsidian did a great job but it wasnt as good as the bioware story, and bioware only liscenced it to them because they were busy with other programs at the time, I believe(halo, doom, Ect). So an announcment wouldnt surprise me if it was going to be a 06mid season release.
Page: 1 of 1