Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can I complete jedi outcast on the 'jedi master' setting in 24 hours!?

Page: 1 of 1
 jomaster
08-16-2005, 2:49 PM
this is my challenge what do you people reckon think i can do it? :vsd:
 TK-8252
08-16-2005, 5:09 PM
Depends. Are you good at the game? :)
 Kurgan
08-16-2005, 6:33 PM
Without cheats? Possibly. I know people have beaten the game in insanely short periods of time on medium difficulty. Doing so in Jedi Master would be rather difficult but probably not impossible. Even easier if your 24 hour period is not all continuous (resting, also gives you time to think your way through puzzles you might otherwise be stuck on).

Obviously you'll know your way around the game and it'll be easier. If it were your first time playing I'd say no way in heck (without cheats).

PS: JM difficulty is just like Jedi Knight difficulty except your Health and Shield is limited to 50/50.
 acdcfanbill
08-16-2005, 8:42 PM
dont collapse and die like that korean fellow :)
 jomaster
08-17-2005, 5:33 PM
well course i'm good at the game and i have played it many times i just needed a new challenge thanks for the advice about the 50/50 health and sheild.
i'm gonna play it from 12o'clock midday through the day and night to 12 o'clock midday of day 2 no rests however i might get a friend to bring me burgurs and coffee throughout the night!
 Kurgan
08-17-2005, 8:37 PM
dont collapse and die like that korean fellow :)

Right, watch your caffiene intake, drink plenty of water, get up and stretch every so often and don't take any drugs while playing (that includes caffiene pills or other stimulants). In the cases of those guys dying playing video games it seems that the combination of too much caffiene+lack of sleep killed them. Caffiene dehydrates you (as does alcohol), so you need to drink more water to compensate. Eventually you need to rest. So good luck, but yeah, don't kill yourself!

Going for a record like this requires a little help, so that friend bringing food, etc is a good idea. ;)
 El Sitherino
08-17-2005, 8:41 PM
Yeah it can be done since that's how I beat it. Took about 12 hours tops.
 jomaster
08-18-2005, 4:15 PM
cheers for the advice bout diying but if i have to risk my life to do this so be it lol
i will keep my water levels up but i've played video games with the master (leon bowler) and we've played games for 3 days straight but tha6t was pretty rough i nearly passed out twice
but yeah thanx for the advice again
 shukrallah
08-26-2005, 10:56 PM
Your risking your life for a video game?

Anyways, this game is pretty short. It probably won't take a full 24 hours. I can get through several levels in a few hour long periods.
 jomaster
08-28-2005, 6:19 PM
it was a joke
it is hard on jedi master but i think it will be a close timing
i have decided to only use the lightsaber apart from the levels where u can't obviosly u guys think i can still do it
 riceplant
08-28-2005, 7:33 PM
I usually play using mostly the saber, and I don't think it's too hard. Now, if you had said you were doing it without the saber, I would be impressed (Obviously for some enemy jedi you need the saber, though).
 jomaster
08-30-2005, 8:41 AM
actually i find that its alot easier to kill reborn and dark jedi with the fletchette weapon after the second or third shot they cant block any more
 jomaster
08-30-2005, 8:44 AM
who put no on the poll?
 riceplant
08-30-2005, 10:07 AM
actually i find that its alot easier to kill reborn and dark jedi with the fletchette weapon after the second or third shot they cant block any moreYeah, flechette is a very good anti-jedi weapon, but can you afford to have no saber defence on jedi master difficulty? I actually find that grip is a good weapon against jedi, if they're standing near an edge (If I remember correctly, most are near some form of chasm).
 shukrallah
08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
So, did you do it?
 Lightsaberboy
09-01-2005, 11:10 PM
24 continuous hours? that might be bad for you, but possible.

if by 24 hours you just mean total hours game-time, then it's possible.
 jomaster
09-10-2005, 8:23 AM
no i mean 24 hours continuous no rest
 shukrallah
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok, so... its been like a month... have you done it yet?
 jomaster
09-11-2005, 8:57 AM
i'm gonna do it this saturday!
wish me luck :vsd:
 90SK
09-12-2005, 8:06 PM
Wow, yikes. Post if you succeed. I suggest starting Friday so you can sleep Saturday night.
 shukrallah
09-13-2005, 11:13 PM
It won't take 24 hours, unless you die a lot. Hopefully maybe 15-20 max.

EDIT: A tip, do it in the morning! If you start at night, obviously you'll be tired, and you'll be tired the full day while your playing. If you start in the morning you shouldn't be tired until about 15 hours have passed.

Also, make sure you eat and drink a lot. Get up and stretch everyonce in a while. Really, people can die from not doing this stuff. And don't skip meals, like dinner... just eat those while you play, or something ;)
 riceplant
09-14-2005, 8:57 PM
Yeah, don't forget to keep moving, you don't have to be elderly to get DVT.

You know, I think this nutter might just do it.[/pessimism]
 shukrallah
09-15-2005, 5:26 PM
Well either way, unless he is a sucky player, I don't think it will take 24 hours total. Man, I want to play JK2 SP now. Good times :)
 jomaster
09-16-2005, 5:43 PM
tomorrow i will start raise a hand in a salute for me and if you see on the news that someone has died playing jedi outcast tell them i died doin what i love
 90SK
09-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Godspeed.
 jomaster
09-19-2005, 2:22 PM
hey thank for the support it really spurred me on sorry i didn't post back i've been sleeping alot!
but yes i did it it was hard and my hands are still numb and my eyes still burn but my god it was the best thing i've ever done i started(thanks for the advice) in the day and played as the sun set and the moon rose while i played as i reached the 12 hour mark the analogs on my pad gave in and broke fortunataly i prepared for such disasters and unpacked another plugged it in and continued and i played as the sun was rising again and as i looked over the shot of desaans lifeless corpse and the credits began to role i dropped the pad my chalenge was over and i passed out i awoke with the title screen looking at me and i felt relief but fear not i will be back with another challenge even harder than this sooner than you know
 shukrallah
09-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Whoa... so how long did it take total. It seems to be less than 24 hours. Man, so was it worth it?
 jomaster
09-24-2005, 6:11 PM
yeh it took 18 hours and yes it was worth it you see i proved whoever put no on the poll wrong haha i will be back with another challenge soon hehe thanks for posting back
Page: 1 of 1