Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Iknowkungfu possible in Multiplayer mode?

Page: 1 of 1
 VaderR
08-06-2005, 2:18 PM
Anyone know if there is a iknowkungfu console command for multiplayer mode?? Thanks...

VaderR
 acdcfanbill
08-07-2005, 5:04 PM
im pretty sure it doesnt.
 TK-8252
08-07-2005, 5:32 PM
I think you can type in cg_debugmelee 1 or something like that and you can enable those melee moves.
 riceplant
08-07-2005, 7:07 PM
That is of course assuming that you have melee enabled. Iknowkungfu in single player is really a kind of mix of several commands, cg_debugmelee being one of them. This cvar also enables wall-clinging, as opposed to a quick rebound. Without melee, that's pretty much all cg_debugmelee will do, to my knowledge.
 shukrallah
08-07-2005, 8:32 PM
I think some mods let you do it MP... maybe JA+?
 Kurgan
08-11-2005, 8:33 AM
\g_debugmelee 1 is a server side command that is in Basejka.

It enables extended Melee moves, ie:

-Staff Style kicks with Melee
-Grapples (only two of them actually work, the knee throw and the gut punch, but not -the choke hold)
-Wall Cling works as long as you hold the button down (also works for saber users)

This is ALL it does in MP. You can't get boosted force levels like the "iknowkungfu" cheat does (doesn't it boost all neutral forces to level 4? I don't recall, but something along those lines). The "choke hold" is added back in, in some mods, like OJP Enhanced Mod.

Melee of course works slightly differently in SP vs. MP. In MP there is no slo-mo with the kicks, and there's no split, flip or spin kicks. You also get a slight "pause" between punches with debugmelee on in SP (if you hold the button rather than tapping it), but not in MP. Likewise the choke hold doesn't work (but in SP you can do it easily) even though it clearly was supposed to (you do the grab motion but you can't hold anyone with it so the move never executes). Kicks also auto-aim IIRC in SP, but not in MP. Since Force Speed works differently in SP vs. MP you also can't do the "Agent Smith Impression" in MP... at least with Speed (you can sort of do it with Rage though!).
Page: 1 of 1