Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

One thing this game needs is...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ch1cago88
08-03-2005, 4:56 PM
... mission based gameplay. I lost interest in the first one way to quickly. I'm hoping they do something like what Unreal Tounament does, so you have different modes to play the game. Or even missions that make you protect someone or you must defuse something. I mean if I want to just capture the spawn point I'm just going to play Battle Field 2. Does anyone else feel that they better deliver big? If they just add a few new maps and tweak a few things, I'm definetely not buying the game.
 McCusto
08-03-2005, 5:21 PM
I believe Battlefront II is mission based, but you still capture command posts. Like on the Tantive IV level you protect R2, 3PO, and Leia
 BeBop
08-03-2005, 5:26 PM
Well, I don't know about mission gameplay, but they are adding new modes of play. So far what I've heard is:

Assault (not sure what this one is, could just be the one we have now)
Galactic Conquest (redone)
Hunt (Not sure what this is either aside from someone mentioned shooting up ewoks in one level of it lol)
And of course Single Player supposedly has more specific objectives than just take over all CP's.

So that's definately a step up from the past game. Will it be enough? Have to wait and see (but I'm not setting my expectations high for this game...)

I agree though that in order to make alot of people buy it, they better make one huge leap forward from the past one.

though sadly they will probably still do well because of the franchise fanboy factor....
 Pho3nix
08-03-2005, 6:42 PM
One thing this game needs is no Jedi. :P
 BeBop
08-03-2005, 7:08 PM
Agreed.
 Redtech
08-04-2005, 8:36 AM
Just bought UT2004 a while back. It makes me think Epic should have done BF2!
 Leviathan
08-04-2005, 10:07 AM
One thing this game needs is no Jedi.
Jedi aren't an error ; The true problem is the fact they're invincible...
 BeBop
08-04-2005, 11:37 AM
It still detracts from the point of being the grunt. That's the whole reason my interest was sparked at all in the first one.
 Leviathan
08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Do not forget a Jedi is often more efficient than a grunt... Nevertheless, I understand your point...
 quixter
08-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Jedi aren't an error ; The true problem is the fact they're invincible...
They are? :confused:
 Leviathan
08-07-2005, 1:55 PM
Yes, they can't be killed ; to respect Star Wars' story, I guess... :(
 TK-8252
08-07-2005, 6:36 PM
Do not forget a Jedi is often more efficient than a grunt...

...Which is why you shouldn't be Jedi.
 Leviathan
08-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes, it is too much easy to beat all your enemies when you're playing with a Jedi / Sith... It isn't a true challenge, but it's not a valid reason not to be allowed to use them on the battle-field !...
 quixter
08-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Lol :laughing:
 TK-8252
08-08-2005, 3:28 PM
It isn't a true challenge, but it's not a valid reason not to be allowed to use them on the battle-field !...

Yes it is, because no one class should be more powerful than another. If Jedi are underpowered, then it would at least be balanced, but then it throws the concept of the game off. You're supposed to be playing as the grunts on the front lines, not a lightsaber-wielding, Force-powered super hero.
 Redtech
08-09-2005, 8:41 AM
TK, you forget about Spawn Camping in a tank.

Tanks>>Jedi.
 Leviathan
08-09-2005, 1:52 PM
You're supposed to be playing as the grunts on the front lines, not a lightsaber-wielding, Force-powered super hero.
If you can play both, it is even better !... :D
 TK-8252
08-09-2005, 3:28 PM
TK, you forget about Spawn Camping in a tank.

Tanks>>Jedi.

The class isn't more powerful, the tank is. A class should not be more powerful than any other. Of course though there should be players that are more powerful than the other, by getting in a tank or just being better at the game. But no one should be better because their class is more powerful.
 zerted
08-09-2005, 9:19 PM
I've never had many problems with the Jedi. They are really stupid (ie: undeveloped AI). It is not that hard to out maneuver them. Also, you can roll away from them faster than the can run after you.
 McCusto
08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Good thing now it is that you have to do REALLY good as a grunt, then get to play as a jedi for a minute of 2. Then that is the only time you are play as a jedi on that map.
 Redtech
08-10-2005, 7:35 AM
The class isn't more powerful, the tank is. A class should not be more powerful than any other. Of course though there should be players that are more powerful than the other, by getting in a tank or just being better at the game. But no one should be better because their class is more powerful.
Yeah, I hear you. I'll have to see what happens, ultimately.
 quixter
08-10-2005, 12:03 PM
If you can play both, it is even better !... :D
Yeah! :)
 Leviathan
08-10-2005, 1:41 PM
I've never had many problems with the Jedi. They are really stupid (ie: undeveloped AI). It is not that hard to out maneuver them. Also, you can roll away from them faster than the can run after you.
They're just "programmed" to pursue the closest enemy... :(
 MachineCult
09-02-2005, 4:33 PM
Leviathan, the Jedi in BF2 are not invincible, they are just as destructable as any grunt. But they don't die, they simply walk and fade away. (If you were talking about the BF1 Jedi then ignore me)
 Leviathan
09-03-2005, 1:13 PM
It depends of which of my posts you replied to...
 MachineCult
09-03-2005, 2:30 PM
Whichever post you (may have) said that in BF2 the jedi are invincible...
 Darth Alec
09-03-2005, 2:56 PM
By the lookes of it, Jedi are inviceble but shortlived. Meaning that you are going to need skill to be a Jedi more than 1-2 minutes, since every bolt that gets throu your defences (your lightsaber) will shorten your time. Also landing/running over them probably will make them dissapear.
 Leviathan
09-03-2005, 3:16 PM
Whichever post you (may have) said that in BF2 the jedi are invincible...
Excuse me, I've a particular conception of the invincibility... :p I didn't mean that Jedi will be always present on the battle-field, but that they'll have a certain resistance (Surely superior to grunt's one...), which would make them more "invincible" than standard soldiers...
 MachineCult
09-03-2005, 4:34 PM
The BF1 Jedi are invincible (to an annoying extent). If you shoot at a Jedi in BF2 enough they will certainly go away...
But I understand what you're saying, a Jedi would naturally be more powerful than a standard soldier which is why a Jedi's time on the battlefield won't be lengthy.
 Leviathan
09-04-2005, 1:22 PM
Exact... Thus, you'll be able to play as Jedi and grunts, without any invincibility stuff to disturb the game...
 MachineCult
09-04-2005, 5:20 PM
The perfect star wars game...
 Delta 124
09-04-2005, 6:21 PM
i was wondering if anyone new how many players could play on one system. like on xbox 4 peeps could play and on ps2 2 could play and if u had to be online or not? any one please
 Delta 124
09-04-2005, 6:24 PM
i was wondering if anyone new how many players could play on one system. like on xbox 4 peeps could play and on ps2 2 could play and if u had to be online or not? any one please

email me at secretlover50@hotmail.com thanks
 ParanoidAndroid
09-04-2005, 6:29 PM
I believe that online the numbers are 24 for ps2, 32 for Xbox and 64 for PC, and no, you don't have to be online.
 Darth Arrow
09-05-2005, 7:04 AM
AIn the hunt mode I am just quessing but more than likely this will be the mode where u go Bobba and Jango Fett characters amd do unique missions.. especially if ur hunting species like Ewoks and Gungans
 Redtech
09-05-2005, 7:52 AM
Interesting.
------------------------------------
Machine Cult, the perfect Star Wars game will have every planet you could think of and every war scenario imaginable. We need "super-powered-up-capacity-DVDs!"
 Leviathan
09-05-2005, 1:31 PM
In other words, "HD-DVD" or "Blu-Ray" discs...
 SBF_Dann_Boeing
09-05-2005, 8:13 PM
I know the whole point of Battlefront is to play the events that happenned during the movies, but it should have stuff from Expanded Universe. Like Before the Clone Wars and at the start of the New Republic. But I guess you can always get stuff like that in mod maps.
 zerted
09-06-2005, 3:07 AM
...Machine Cult, the perfect Star Wars game will have every planet you could think of and every war scenario imaginable. We need "super-powered-up-capacity-DVDs!"
Too bad that would take too long to program, not to mention you would never find someone playing the same map as you.
 Redtech
09-07-2005, 8:03 AM
Well, anyone for Kashyyk islands? Whaddya mean no! :P
 Micahc
09-07-2005, 5:51 PM
AIn the hunt mode I am just quessing but more than likely this will be the mode where u go Bobba and Jango Fett characters amd do unique missions.. especially if ur hunting species like Ewoks and Gungans
I thought i read somewhere that Hunt was Stormtroopers vs. Ewoks. I'm also guessing that when you kill an ewok you respawn as an ewok and try not to die. I hope they're doing hunt like that.
 ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2005, 6:49 PM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the hunt mode, I wonder how the native armies will be armed. I don't expect them to be as powerful or have as many weapons or classes as the four main armies but hope there not just carbon copies with only one weapon.
 Darth Arrow
09-09-2005, 8:44 PM
Well I wouldn't be surprised all we saw the ewoks use was their bow and arrows and those logs to defeat the AT-STs

I think they will only have one weapon, and if gungans are available they'll only have like those blue ball thingys they throw.. dunno what their called
 Micahc
09-09-2005, 9:10 PM
Well I wouldn't be surprised all we saw the ewoks use was their bow and arrows and those logs to defeat the AT-STs

I think they will only have one weapon, and if gungans are available they'll only have like those blue ball thingys they throw.. dunno what their called
Boomers! They're called Boomers! And I just want to be a Gungan so i can be mowed down by my little brother :gungan: :blaze6:
 ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2005, 9:16 PM
Well yes there primary weapon would be a boomer, but they could also have those elecrospears in case they run out of boomers and maybe an energy sheild that blocks all attacks to the front.
 Micahc
09-09-2005, 9:37 PM
Well yes there primary weapon would be a boomer, but they could also have those elecrospears in case they run out of boomers and maybe an energy sheild that blocks all attacks to the front.
As long as they can be blown accross the map I'm fine. Though the spear and sheild would be cool
Page: 1 of 1