Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts wont play?

Page: 1 of 1
 Alphanaut64
07-31-2005, 4:44 PM
I just got Psychonauts and it wont play 4 my PS2. :firemad: Is it because the game's new & my PS2 is old?because i played ratchet & clank 2 and it works.
 Alphanaut64
08-04-2005, 7:47 PM
Will Someone Respond To My Post!
 Thrik
08-05-2005, 3:43 AM
Er, I'm not sure. I assume it's the PS2 version of the game? ;
 James Isaac
08-05-2005, 4:02 AM
I just got Psychonauts and it wont play 4 my PS2. Is it because the game's new & my PS2 is old?because i played ratchet & clank 2 and it works.

That happened to my friend with the game Flat Out. It worked on the first PS2 he tried it on, but then it didn't work on his or mine. So he just returned it to shop and they gave him another disc and it worked fine. So, try it on some different PS2s, if it doesn't work on any, it's probably a faulty disc.
 Alphanaut64
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
it works on my dad's PS2.
 James Isaac
08-05-2005, 12:44 PM
In that case, it's probably your PS2 growing old... and I don't think there's much you can do about that, sorry :(.
 decomagico
08-05-2005, 3:42 PM
There is something you can do! I have the oldest ps2 you can have... I got it the first day it came out...so it's not really a problem. However, you must not be afraid to open it up. I had this problem when I tried to run a copy of Xenosaga( it wouldn't read the game) and many games after that. I open up my ps2, take out all the screws under it. Then I take the 4 screw off the top of the cd tray. After I take a q-tip, dup it in rubbing alcohol and gently wipe off the lens. The lens is dirty so it's not reading well. You must not be afraid to do it though. It's very easy to do and the chance of screwing something up is minimal...
 Alphanaut64
08-07-2005, 8:40 PM
thanks decom.it works and all I had to do was use a tube vacuum to suck out the dust and now it plays! :)
Page: 1 of 1