Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About photoshop brushes

Page: 1 of 1
 LightNinja
07-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Ok i have an hipernoob question :animelol:, i've downloaded a tutorial about making hair:

http://www.bobotheseal.com/vids/BoBo_Hair_Demo.zip)

and my problem is that i dont know how to make the brush fade at the end of each stroke like it is there, when i set it to fade in brushes window it only fades from left to right and it fades in the middle of the brush...what i have to do???
 LightNinja
07-31-2005, 8:02 AM
anybody? DOH!
 CortoCG
07-31-2005, 6:36 PM
Bobo is using a digital pen with a tablet. Itґs pressure sensitive, thatґs how he manages to fade the stroke at the end.
 LightNinja
08-01-2005, 7:34 AM
but how i use it?? im just going mad cuz no one seems to know but at the same time everyone knows how...:/
 Manquesa
08-01-2005, 11:17 AM
In the Brushes menu as seen in that hair demo. Click on the words "Other Dynamics" Then under the Flow Jitter option next to the work "Control" is a drop down menu. Select "pen pressure" from the drop down menu.

That worked for me, I use a very small wacom tablet. (well I barely use it, I mostly just use my mouse)
 LightNinja
08-01-2005, 6:37 PM
im going to surrender :(...:
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3748/bah5ue.jpg)
 Manquesa
08-01-2005, 8:38 PM
Well, stupid question but, are you using a digital pen or mouse?
 LightNinja
08-02-2005, 8:45 AM
mouse
 Manquesa
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Oh ok, sorry I was under the impression that you were using a digital pen after reading Corto's post about the digital pen.

Ok, well I went into photoshop and looked at how to do it with a mouse. Basically just do the same thing, except select "Fade" from the drop down menu instead of "Pen Pressure". The only problem with this is that it will only allow the stroke to be a certain length. You'll have to adjust the number to the right of the drop down menu in increase or decrease the length of the stroke.

I just tested it out and it simmulates very well what's in that hair demo. Though like Corto said, Bobo is most likely using a digital pen with pressure sensitivity allowing him to control the fade and stroke length all at once.

You should be able to acheive the same results though with a mouse, it'll just be a bit slower and annoying as you'll have to manually change the lenght of the stroke as you go
 LightNinja
08-02-2005, 3:25 PM
ok i've figured out it, but it doesn't look like bobo. Well if he is using a digital pen now i know why his looks that good, anyway thanks for the info Manquesa ;)
Page: 1 of 1