Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RedHawke's TSL Armor Pack Now Up At My Site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
07-26-2005, 4:13 AM
Hello again folks,

I just saw everybody playing with Stoffe's Patcher and I wanted to play... so here we go.

This is the collection of 5 Armors I did for KOTOR I, ported to TSL... they have been placed into the game and are also buildable at the Workbench, after the requirements are met that is. ;)

The 5 Armors are found in the Ebon Hawk's Hidden Compartment after you find out about it from that guy who accosts you about the Ebon Hawk being his on Nar Shadaa.

Get It Here! :fett: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

From the Readme:
============================
Under absolutely NO circumstances is this mod, or any of my other mods, to be posted on ANY OTHER SITE than those sites designated by me.
============================
This mod brings the 5 armors I did for KOTOR I into TSL. This mod was helped along by a request from Darth Occido.

Installation Instructions:
-----------------------------
Easy as cake... er' pie. :xp: This mod uses stoffe -mkb-'s installer program... so just extract this rar to wherever you want, the desktop is always a safe bet, then run the RedHawke Armor Install.exe and simply tell the program where you have TSL installed.

Armor Stats:
---------------------------------------------------
Antegan Safety Armor (Class 5 Armor)
Defense Bonus: +6 (Max Dex Bonus +6) (+10 Total)

Immunities: Mind-Affecting, Critical Hits

Attribute Bonus: +2 Dexterity

Skill Bonus: +4 Treat Injury

Regeneration (HP): 2

History/Notes: Upgradeable as Light Armor, Does Not Restrict Force Powers

A relatively new type of armor, from relatively new makers, this suit mimics the major muscle movements of the wearer with mechanical impulses, resulting in faster reaction times, as well as including a built in medical unit that increases the wearers recovery rate. The Antegans are relatively new to the military trade but if these armors are an example of what they can produce they will become a force to be reconed with.
Verpine Modular Armor (Class 5 Armor)
Defense Bonus: Base 5 +5 (10) (Max Dex Bonus +6) (+10 Total)

Immunities: Mind-Affecting

Damage Immunity: Sonic 100%, Electrical 75%, Fire 100%, Cold 100%

Saving Throws: +2 To All

Another of the Verpine's fine creations this light armor is constructed of fine molecularly bonded components, reducing damage from sound, heat, cold, and electrical attacks, it is modular and can grow to suit its wearers needs. It is highly suited to provide comfort in a variety of environments.
Verpine Reflec Light Armor (Class 5 Armor)
Defense Bonus: Base 5 +5 (10) (Max Dex Bonus +8) (+12 Total)

Damage Immunity: Sonic 100%, Electrical 90%, Energy 90%

Skill Bonus: +8 Stealth

This is a special limited production run from the Verpine, it is an impressive suit of Verpine Light Armor, created with a new, and very hard to manufacture, revolutionary black polymer substance called Reflec, it actually bends most type of sensor probes and energy waves away from the substance, rednering the armor virtually invisible to detect with sensors, it also prevents the painting of insignia or any other markings upon it, and has an innate ability to make the armor virtually noiseless, and it insulates the wearer from sonic, and almost completely from electrical and energy attacks. Only a dozen or so prototypes have made it into the marketplace, and those that have have commanded a very hefty price.
Bargawin Glazed Armor (Class 9 Armor)
Defense Bonus: Base 9 +6 (15) (Max Dex Bonus +8)

Attribute Bonus: +4 Strength

Damage Immunity: Energy 100%, Electrical 100%

Saving Throws: +2 To All

History/Notes: Upgradeable as Heavy Armor, Does Not Restrict Force Powers

This armor created by the Bargawins has only one real purpose, to take out opponents armed with energy weapons, the armors glazing reduces the damage of electrical and energy attacks. These suits of armor are known around the galaxy as Jedi-Killer armor. These suits were all thought destroyed during the war with Exar-Kun, but a rare few survived.
Verpine Reflec Armor (Class 9 Armor)
Defense Bonus: Base 9 +7 (16) (Max Dex Bonus +10)

Damage Immunity: Sonic 100%, Electrical 90%, Energy 90%

Skill Bonus: +8 Stealth

History/Notes: Upgradeable as Heavy Armor, Does Not Restrict Force Powers

This is a special limited production run from the Verpine, it is an impressive suit of Verpine Heavy Armor, created with a new, and very hard to manufacture, revolutionary black polymer substance called Reflec, it actually bends most type of sensor probes and energy waves away from the substance, rednering the armor virtually invisible to detect with sensors, it also prevents the painting of insignia or any other markings upon it, and has an innate ability to make the armor virtually noiseless, and it insulates the wearer from sonic, and almost completely from electrical and energy attacks. Only a dozen or so prototypes have made it into the marketplace, and those that have have commanded a very hefty price.

Item Cheat Console Codes:
rh_asa_5001 - Antegan Safety Armor
rh_vma_5001 - Verpine Modular Armor
rh_vra_5001 - Verpine Reflec Light Armor
rh_bga_9001 - Bargawin Glazed Armor
rh_vra_9001 - Verpine Reflec Heavy Armor

Adknowledgements:
A boatload of thanks to Fred Tetra for creating the awesome and simple to use kotor editing tool.

And Stoffe -mkb- for creating the sweet and simple to use TSL Installer Program.

And tk102 for making the Hidden Compartment Fix that allowed me to easily add these items into the game.

Also thanks to Darth Occido for without whom this mod would still be gathering dust on my shelf. ;)

Also a very appreciative thanks to the many friendly and informative people at the Lucasforums Holowan Laboratories board who have shown and or helped me to learn how to do stuff like this.

Well... Enjoy! :D
 NeveAngelus
07-26-2005, 8:36 AM
Looking very cool, RedHawke.

I was wondering if you'd allow me to use a modified version of your Vepine Reflec Light Armor for a story mod I'm working on, as I suck with the modelling bit and it fits what I had in mind perfectly.

Neve
 Darth InSidious
07-26-2005, 8:44 AM
Welcome to my Override!
I've always wanted your Verpine Reflec Armour for TSL, thank you sooooooooooo much!
 T7nowhere
07-26-2005, 9:31 AM
Sounds cool, but now that you've use stoffe's patcher, you will start thinkingup ways to use it for all future mods. ;)
 Jeff
07-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Great job RedHawke :) And I agree with what T7 said, you will be looking for reasons to use it :D
 Darkkender
07-26-2005, 10:55 AM
This mod brings the 5 armors I did for KOTOR I into TSL. This mod was helped along by a request from Darth Occido.

Hey I asked for this first. Of course it was like back in Febuary/March.

Of course I've been a bit uncomfortable with the Patcher but I suppose I should start looking into it a little.
 Lorden Darkblade
07-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Great work as usual RedHawke :D :D :thumbsup:
 General Kenobi
07-26-2005, 1:16 PM
Well I'll ad my 2 bits to the pot :D These look really nice Hawke! Good show!!! :thumbsup:

General Kenobi
 RedHawke
07-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks people! :D

I have had this one in WIP for a while, but I finally found some time to release it.
Originally posted by Darkkender
Of course I've been a bit uncomfortable with the Patcher but I suppose I should start looking into it a little.
I was also at first (the first time I used it was last night), but then I played around with the program and I quickly came to my senses.

Stoffe hit the ball out of the park with that program... it is all GUI driven, and does most of the work for you... I added the armors and never had to alter a single 2da myself to do it. I just entered the needed 2da and .uti changes with the ChangeEdit program, then told it the other necissary mod files to install and it did the rest... I was amazed how easy it was, it took some time to do yes, but it really was quite simple.

So I say 3 cheers for stoffe! :D
 MPBT_Fury
07-27-2005, 12:00 PM
As always, your mods are a welcome addition to my Override folder. Unlike past mods though, the Kotor Tool crashes when I try to view these .UTI's.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Regards,
 Mono_Giganto
07-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by MPBT_Fury
As always, your mods are a welcome addition to my Override folder. Unlike past mods though, the Kotor Tool crashes when I try to view these .UTI's.

That's because RedHawke used a custom baseitems.2da row for his armors. There's an option in KT that will have it look in your override folder for altered 2da files. Enable that option, and make sure your baseitems.2da is in the override folder and not a subfolder, and it should let you alter them.

Looks at item stats.

You better be using the hardcore mod, RedHawke. :forkyou:

:p Nice work.
 RevanA4
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
kewl I think I'll download it when I get home:D :cool:
 Darth333
07-27-2005, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by MPBT_Fury
What Mono said...but you could also do it the "old school" way: with a GFF editor...and we have a brand new gff editor made just for Kotor: tk102's K-Gff: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 RedHawke
07-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Looks at item stats.

You better be using the hardcore mod, RedHawke. :forkyou:
I never changed them from what they were in K1...

[Booming Voice] They are as they were before... [/Booming Voice]

Achilles Rebalance and beancounters Hardcore mod are fixtures in my override folder! :D
Page: 1 of 1