Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game gives me error on start-up...

Page: 1 of 1
 Gold_Dragon
07-24-2005, 4:15 PM
Alright, first, I have Windows XP, and I ran the analyser test and everything passed, just to avoid questions :P Oh, also, I'm using a No-CD crack, which may do something, but meh, also, I have v.1.0 and I also tried it with v.1.01 and it did the same. Okay, so what it does, when I load the game, it gives the first screen, then about 3 seconds in, it gives me an error, the "Send error report, don't send" type error... Soooo, oh, also, keep in mind these are burnt and don't work with the CD alone... they need the crack. Ummm, I don't know what else... I just don't know how to get the game to work... I mean, it should work, shouldn't it? ... And just to tell you, with the CD's alone, all's it does is keep loading, then stops, and never loads anything (Cursor will go busy, CD drive will go busy, hard drive light will go on, then after about 10 seconds, they stop.) I dunno, help please?
 shukrallah
07-24-2005, 6:45 PM
Are you using a burned CD? Sorry.. I didn't fully understand your post.

No-CD Cracks do cause problems with this game.
 Gold_Dragon
07-24-2005, 6:47 PM
Yeah, they're burnt, sorry... Ummm, any idea on how to fix it ? :S Or do anything with it?
 shukrallah
07-24-2005, 6:52 PM
Yeah, I do know how to fix it.

Buy the game. By using illegal pirated copies your not only stealing, your decreasing the chances of future releases of Jedi Knight (and other) games.

In case you didn't know because of pirated software LucasArts (as well as many other companies) have started implementing Copy Protection Software. You simply won't be able to run the software. They also made sure No-CD cracks won't work either.

If you do own a retail version of the game, baught from a store such as Walmart, or GameStop, then use the original CDs.
 razorace
07-25-2005, 5:00 PM
He has a point, JKA and JK2 is pretty cheap to pick up now.
 Crow_Nest
07-26-2005, 4:00 AM
Yeah and never use no-CD patches. They will prevent you from playing the game too.
 razorace
07-26-2005, 9:38 AM
Right, everyone uses Deamon tools instead. :D
Page: 1 of 1