Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dynamic lightmaps

Page: 1 of 1
 riceplant
07-19-2005, 4:31 PM
I guess that's what they would be called. Does anyone know how to do them? I have two adjacent rooms linked by a door, one bright and the other dark. It looks weird when the light is shining through a closed door.
 SMoKE
07-20-2005, 5:27 AM
Hmmm.. don't think it's possible.. Not even with an area portal. But you can try making a short hallway between the two doors, possibly?
 riceplant
07-20-2005, 8:57 AM
Too bad. I was hoping I could have the light shine through the door when open, but not when closed. There's no scripting function to redraw lightmaps, then?
 SMoKE
07-20-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't know... I don't know a thing about scripting :(
 wedge2211
07-20-2005, 4:28 PM
Not possible with JA.
 yangyan
07-23-2005, 5:11 AM
the "light" shining thru the first yavin map looks like a brush to me. in fact if you go on the map and jump out of the window, you'll notice it is a brush. now what if that brush was also a func_door, and it moved with the door? And because it'll "rising" from the ground (slanted light), itll seem like its light shining through the door. make sure you caulk_nonsolid specific sides of the brush.

my two(thousand million) cents
 Oreckel
08-16-2005, 10:34 PM
I believe this is a limitation of the Q3 engine, since Elite Force had the same behaviour.
 kiragon
09-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Maybe, but can a "black light" cancel out other light, if so you could have the black light on when the door is closed and trigger it to go off when the door is open letting the other light to shine through?

Not sure if this works but meh.
 riceplant
09-01-2005, 5:23 AM
Yeah, that should work with a fast-moving door, but balancing the light levels would be a nightmare. One thing I thought I might do, and that wouldn't require mucking about with lights, would be to only have the light in the hangar on while you were in there, however that would only work in SP.
Page: 1 of 1