Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Laserdoor

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Kaisen
07-19-2005, 4:18 AM
I want a laser door in my map, so find a laserdoor texture in the 'byss texturepack'. But when i assign this texture to a wall or something, it just looks like a blue wall, you cant look through it etc. ???
 riceplant
07-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Try the forcefield texture from the doomgiver.
 Lord Kaisen
07-19-2005, 3:11 PM
I'm sorry, it don't work. When i make a trigger_hurt of it, I can't look through it. Otherwise I can't, too.
 riceplant
07-19-2005, 4:39 PM
Which texture are you using? I can't get any textures to show up on a trigger, you're supposed to make them a seperate brush.
 Lord Kaisen
07-20-2005, 5:15 AM
Ok, It works. Are there other textures with this sort of forcefield? All the others I tried didn't do anything.
 riceplant
07-20-2005, 2:30 PM
Well, there's 'other_field' from 'factory', and 'redfield1' from 'kejim'. If I find any more, I'll edit this post.
 wedge2211
07-20-2005, 4:32 PM
Just take a look through all the texture sets, Imperial-themed ones are good for forcefields, and find shaders (they show up with a white border in the texture palette) with names like "forcefield" or "field," etc. Place a brush where you want the field to appear, cover its visible faces with the forcefield shader, and its unseen faces with textures/system/nodraw_solid (or nodraw, if you want to be able to walk through the field). If you want players who run into the field to be hurt, create a trigger_hurt out of textures/system/trigger and make it extend a little bit around the forcefield brush.
 yangyan
07-23-2005, 6:11 AM
is caulk the same as nodraw? ive been using caulk as nodraw so yeah..
 wedge2211
07-23-2005, 3:32 PM
Almost, but not quite. Nodraw is best to use on brushes that will be transparent.
 Mysterious Map
09-17-2005, 3:56 AM
In deed there are more Laser Door Textures:
Kejim
Doomgiver
That single player map where you've lost youre light saber....
Page: 1 of 1