Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi robe hoods over there...

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
07-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I don't normally do this, but since so many people have complained about the lack of hoods for the Jedi robes, I thought I'd bring this mod to people's attention. Although I'm sure most have seen it already. :)

AVol has posted a mod that provides, through cheats, a hood that is similar to Kreia's. It isn't perfect, but it works pretty well.

I ended up modifying the textures for the hood and my robe so that it would blend together better, and removed the hood that was "down" on the back. Just to give you an idea of what the hoods look like (sorry, after my edits), look here. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/hoods.jpg)

You can find the mod at pcgamemods.com. (http://pcgamemods.com/14169/) Thanks to AVol for his efforts. It is labled beta, so I expect more to come...
 Darth Moeller
07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Its good that you posted this so everyone can get the hoods since they were wanted so badly.

What did you do exactly to get the hood that was down on the back removed? Did you just retexture it so it looked the same as the rest of the robe?
 Prime
07-18-2005, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
What did you do exactly to get the hood that was down on the back removed? Did you just retexture it so it looked the same as the rest of the robe? Yeah, I just retextured the robe that I normally use (the one in the screenshots). I removed the hood part on the back and altered the front a bit to get the colour just right with the hood. So basically apart from the hood itself, I have a robe with the hood down (the original) and a robe for when the hood is up. I'll probably come up with something so that when the hood is equiped it automatically switches the robe to the "hood up" version, and when removed to the "hood down" version...
 Venom750
07-18-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't really post thing on the PC forum but i've just got to give you your PROPs on this there look great:clap2:
 Lorden Darkblade
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks a lot Prime :D :D :D
 MdKnightR
07-18-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I'll probably come up with something so that when the hood is equiped it automatically switches the robe to the "hood up" version, and when removed to the "hood down" version...

That would be awesome Prime! I downloaded this mod, but was quickly turned off by the double hood look. If you can release this retexture and automatic "switch-a-roo" with the robes, I would definately use the mod.

MdK
 Prime
07-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by MdKnightR
That would be awesome Prime! I downloaded this mod, but was quickly turned off by the double hood look. If you can release this retexture and automatic "switch-a-roo" with the robes, I would definately use the mod. I don't know if I will do that since it is originally not my mod and I've only changed the texture for the robe my character uses. But if I do get around to doing a script or something for the switch I'll at least post how to do it...
 Darth Moeller
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
I would definately appreciate it if you could post the script when you're done so I could do that as well. That would make the game much more realistic.
 Lorden Darkblade
07-18-2005, 1:37 PM
A script like that would be very interesting.
We'll have lots of "new robes" ;) :thumbsup:
 General Kenobi
07-18-2005, 4:57 PM
Great job Prime :thumbsup: I've got almost a duplicate on my hard drive I did for me...lol Robe hood minused and all :D

You know great minds think alike right?...lol

Avol has improved all of our games by giving us a new feel with the hoods :D

I was just gonna say "put out your robes by themselves" but I already see the prob with that no "edited" Avol hood to match ;)

Maybe you an Avol can put out a co-mod with the hood included or some such. (I personally did the edit to make em' match the Jedi Knight and Dark Jedi Robes)

DM
 KillerWave
07-19-2005, 9:47 AM
I ended up modifying the textures for the hood and my robe so that it would blend together better, and removed the hood that was "down" on the back.

I did that myself too, it's easy with the jedi and padawan robes.
However the knight, master and custom robes seem to have the hood on its back modeled to it. And those are the coollest robes.
There is any way of removing it?
 Prime
07-19-2005, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by KillerWave

There is any way of removing it? Not without editing the actual model...
 Commas
07-19-2005, 2:05 PM
I've never used it personally, but it seems that the replacer tool (the one that i think darkkender used for his T3 variations mod) would be able to shrink the hood on the master model. maybe?
 T7nowhere
07-19-2005, 2:23 PM
^^^
It would be easyer to use mdlops for that kind of model editing, mdlops will compile the model even if you remove or create polys.
 Prime
07-19-2005, 2:27 PM
As for the script, is there a way to trigger it when the hood is equiped? I'm under the impression that that isn't possible. Is there another way that people do that sort of thing?
 ChAiNz.2da
07-19-2005, 2:58 PM
As for the script, is there a way to trigger it when the hood is equiped? I'm under the impression that that isn't possible. Is there another way that people do that sort of thing?
I was thinking about how one could do this... could you possibly have the hood .uti use a disguise function, but also activate a script (such as a "power" similiar to how my HakPad functions)...

The "power" would be perhaps something like a create item in/on an inventory store slot? Though I think you have to destroy an item in order to 'unequip' the item which means you would lose any upgrades in the robe that was used...

You could use an armband script placement (not an actual armband) so that the hood icon would be in you usable items bar (rather than Force Powers)...

May need to make 2 "powers" though.. Hood Up & Hood Down ???

Does this sound possible to you scripting gurus out there? ;)
 stoffe
07-19-2005, 4:01 PM

As far as I know there is no direct way of doing this. The OnPlayerEquipItem event didn't exist in the (NWN) engine yet when they started reworking it for KotOR.

If you don't mind a slight delay, you can check for the equipped item in the Heartbeat AI script of the NPC and take the appropriate actions from there, but since it only fires once every round (and when the game isn't paused) it'll look a little ugly.

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
I was thinking about how one could do this... could you possibly have the hood .uti use a disguise function, but also activate a script (such as a "power" similiar to how my HakPad functions)...

The "power" would be perhaps something like a create item in/on an inventory store slot? Though I think you have to destroy an item in order to 'unequip' the item which means you would lose any upgrades in the robe that was used...

You could probably do it this way, but to me it sounds like quite a lot of work for what you are trying to accomplish.

You'd essentially have to create a duplicate entry in appearance.2da for all player appearances, one with the normal robe model in the modeln column and one with the modified robe model set. Then you could use ChangeObjectAppearance() to switch between those two appearance types depending on if the hood is equipped.

Unless there's an easier way I didn't think of, that is, which is entirely possible. :)

As for destroying items on unequip, this is a bit problematic since you can't check for or apply item upgrades via script. Thus if you use two separate robe objects you'd need to upgrade the hooded and unhooded separately, requiring twice the number of upgrades. And the only way to not lose the upgrades would be to keep the second robe in the party inventory, with the risk that the player will accidentally sell it. :)

(Though if you do the appearance type switching you wouldn't need to change the equipped robe since changing the appearance type would alter the model of the already equipped one.)
 Prime
07-19-2005, 9:57 PM
This is just turning out to be more trouble than it is worth, unfortunately. Oh well, it would have been cool. :)
 MdKnightR
07-22-2005, 3:33 PM
This is just turning out to be more trouble than it is worth, unfortunately. Oh well, it would have been cool. :)

Still, even if we can't do a switcharoo, you should at least release your hoodless robes to the public in a joint effort with Avol. The scripts would be nice, but I know a pain in the butt when I see one...and this is one.

MdK

Edit: Closing thread to prevent further 'bumps'. We know the link doesn't work. PCGameMods.com FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) Sorry folks. -RH
Page: 1 of 1