Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patch 1.01 Problems - Can't find directory

Page: 1 of 1
 ManaMana
07-14-2005, 6:30 AM
So I finally got JA, and I'm trying to install the patch.

The problem is thatwhen I install it, it ways it can't fin the directory.

I've reisntalled, and tried to rename and everything, but it won't help.

Help...?
 razorace
07-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Uh, don't you have to manually direct the patch to your JKA directory?
 ManaMana
07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
No, It's automatic for me. Perhaps it's the MAC-version, mixed up? I downloaded it at fileplanet.
 razorace
07-14-2005, 12:52 PM
That's possible, but then it wouldn't run at all. Did you properly install the game or did you just copy from another person's system? Often, there's specific registry entries that make the autopatching stuff find the correct directory.
 ManaMana
07-14-2005, 5:43 PM
I borrowed the CDs from my friend. Don't know of the orign, but they dont seem like pirates :S! Seems I gotta buy it then, was gonna do it anyway.
 razorace
07-14-2005, 6:06 PM
Err, well it just sounds like you have to go thru the proper install process. Simply copying it to the harddrive probably doesn't work.
 riceplant
07-15-2005, 4:15 AM
Is it just me, or wouldn't borrowing the CDs imply installation of the game? I mean, you can't just copy the game from the CDs, it wouldn't run at all.
 ManaMana
07-15-2005, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Err, well it just sounds like you have to go thru the proper install process. Simply copying it to the harddrive probably doesn't work.

I have done a proper install.:biggs:
Page: 1 of 1