Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber Realism in Multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 lightexile
07-13-2005, 7:29 PM
Well, here's my question. You know how you can have saber realism in single player, and pretty much one blow, if you're not careful, will send you falling to the ground in pieces? Well, is there anyway to do that on multiplayer? I think it'd be pretty cool to just jump in 5 on 5 and send limbs flying everywhere.
 Tinny
07-13-2005, 10:51 PM
For server side commands I think its:

/g_saberdamagescale n (where 1 is default and numbers above that are multiples of the default damage)

and

/g_dismember n (set 1 or above to dismember)

and /cg_dismember n (to see the dismemberment on the client side)

Hope that helps :)
 lightexile
07-13-2005, 11:23 PM
gnarly. im not too sure how to set up server commands or anything like that on a computer hosted server. could you just tell me how to be able to enter the commands and get it up and running and everything? that'd be a ****load of help. thanks!
 lightexile
07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Well, I start off by just starting a multiplayer game with bots from the game, like normally. I bring down the console to type in /helpusobi 1 (because im not sure whether i have to do that or not to get dismemberment to work.)

I then get this message:
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/19323011644.jpg&s=x3)

I also get the same messages when typing in:

/g_saberdamagescal 3

/g_dismember 1

/cg_dismember 1

Any ideas? I really know nothing about running multiplayer servers on this game, or console commands, .configs, etc.
 riceplant
07-14-2005, 4:08 AM
The problem with HelpUsObi is that it is simply not recognized in MP. They are two different programs, remember. To enable cheats it MP, you must use Devmap <mapname>. As for the others, I'm not sure, but prefixing the commands with rcon might help (I've seen it mentioned, but never tried it). Thought I might mention it, as I'm posting anyway.
 lightexile
07-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Alright. Thanks for the tip. I just don't really know how to set up or use a remote console.
Page: 1 of 1