Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

USM Released!!!

Page: 1 of 5
 T7nowhere
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Ok since the Original thread was lost thread was lost :( this is a repost so that we can trouble shoot any of the mods problems in a single thread and post updates as we make them. As such you can find all of this mods updates and patches at the end of this post.

Ultimate Lightsaber Mod(USM) for TSL

Created By: ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere.

Please Read the README for installation instructions

USM Direct Download (http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/13275/USM_Released.rar) This mod weighs in at 22MB

USM Saber Pic Gallery (http://gallery147761.fotopic.net/c458029.html)

Alternate USM Download Site @ FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530)

Alternate USM Download Site @ JumpStationZ (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM.htm)
__________________________________________________ __
This mod is in no way shape or form endorsed by LucasArts OR Obsidian Entertainment.Use entirely at your own risk.

This mod may only be hosted at the following websites:
pcgamemods.com and Lucasfiles unless permission is given by the USM team to host on other sites.

Yes thats right The Ultimate Saber Mod is finally released. Its taken us MUCH longer than we originally thought(3 months), but hey these things happen ;)

About USM: The main focus of this mod is the 36 New lightsaber hilt models, which have been integrated into TSL. The majority of the lightsaber models also come in 5 color variants. Due to the number of New unique lightsaber models we could not make them be useable in all the colors that the normal game sabers have, but the base colors are available and several of the lightsabers have new unique colors.

It should be noted this mod is not intended to give you the player a lightsaber from the start of the game, but instead to enhance what is already there. The player will have the choice of building one of the several new hilts as part of the Lightsaber quest, this is of course on the condition that you have one of the new Color crystals already in your inventory. Don't worry they will be available by the time you have all the lightsaber parts to build your first saber. The lightsaber crystals are integrated into the random loot generation.You will also be able to find fully built Lightsabers at certain areas of the game. Additionally after the Lightsaber quest is complete Bao-Dur will be able to build the New USM lightsabers provided you have 1 usm crystal, 1 default game hilt and 900 credits for parts.

The NPC's that are trainable as Jedi will also build their own lightsabers after the initial training. Additionally Kreia will join your part with her own custom lightsaber and Visas will build a new one after you destroy hers.

All of the important Jedi and Sith NPC's In the game will also be sporting there new Lightsaber hilts. Among those are: Master Kavar, Master Vash, Master Vrook, Master Zez-Kai Ell, Atris, Darth Sion, and Darth Nihilus. Additional: Darth Nihilus has also been Pumped Up and he now has a few new tricks up his sleeves.

There are also a few new nice surprises to be found ;)

Due to the way lightsabers work in TSL you will not be able to use the USM crystals in the same manner that you could with the normal Color crystals. So you will not be able to use Double bladed lightsaber crystal in a normal single or short sabers. Think of them like a key to unlocking the new hilt models. If you do place a USM crystal in the wrong Lightsaber type it will turn into what looks like a grenade, So simply hit the cancel button and not the assemble button to return your lightsaber to normal.

Positive side effect: As a side effect of making this mod a few game bugs were discovered and have been fixed. Most of them are minor.

-Entering the Hidden Jedi enclave on Telos: When entering Handmaiden will tell you to "Lay down your weapons and you shall not be harmed." If you choose the LS reply option "All right - we mean no harm." then it would end the dialog and the story would be dead. You can now choose this reply and the story will proceed to the next plot point in the game.

-Bao-Durs Bad dream about Malachor V, One reply option would end the dialog prematurely. The Reply is now linked to the proper entry.

-Disciples intro Dialog that happens in the enclaves sub level. If Disciple doesn't join you he says he will leave and meet you at Khoonda, But at the end of the dialog he just stands there like a moron so I added a script to the dialog that makes him run out of Khoonda.

-Another that is related to the one above is when you arrive back at khoonda If the global is not set to make carth be the Republic admiral then Disciple will talk to a wall( this really annoyed me as I didn't know what the hell was going on in that scene the First time I played TSL). Now he will be talking to the alternate Admiral that you see if Carth is not the Admiral.

-Fixed Visas marrs Bugged Forcesight dialog, it turns out if you don't ask her "How do you see through the Force?" as soon as you see the option Then you can't ever ask it again because that reply is attached to a string that would be cut off from the main dialog string. So I linked it to her main dialog node. so now you can ask her even if you didn't right away.

-The Dialog with the 3 Jedi Master near the end of the game. One of Kavar's sentences was spoken by Zez, a reply was broken and near the end of the scene Vrooks Lightsaber would not ignite when it should have been.

Credits

Artists: ChAiNz.2da, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere.

ChAiNz.2da:
Xia Terashai's Short Saber
Disciple's "Agenda" Lightsaber
Segan Wyndh Long Saber
Zez-Kai Ell's Double Saber
BA-122 Prototype Double Saber
------------------------------------------
Seprithro:
Darth Nihilus' Lightsaber
Master Vrook's Lightsaber
Darth Sion's Lightsaber
Type-S Short Lightsaber
Type-G Short Lightsaber
Type-J Lightsaber
Type-E Lightsaber
Alora-sor-Dana's Lightsaber
svösh:
Brianna’s Balance
Negotiator
Type A Lightsaber [aka ani’s ep2]
Type B Lightsaber [aka Yoda’s ep2]
Type C Lightsaber [aka Dooku’s ep2]
Darth Bandon's saber
Kreia's walking stick
Master Vash's Harmony
Atris' Master Prism
Master Kavar’s Shield
Master kavar’s Prize
Visas’ Hope Of Katarr
Death Mask
T7nowhere:
Blood of Malevolence
Darth Malak's Lightsaber
Stylized Exar Kun Lightsaber
Rocarian Double-Bladed Lightsaber[aka Darth Mauls Lightsaber Ep1.]
Padawan Lightsaber[aka. Lukes Skywalkers Lightsaber ANH]
Jedi Master's Lightsaber[aka. Mace Windu's Lightsaber AotC]
Jedi Knight's Lightsaber[ aka. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber ANH]
Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber[aka. Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber Ep.1]
Atton's Lightsaber
Bao-Dur's Lightsaber
Mira's Lightsaber

Scripting, 2da editing and Item placement: ChAiNz.2da, Darth333 and T7nowhere.

ChAiNz.2da: BA-122 Prototype Double Saber Mini quest. Edited and combined Upcrystals.2da and baseitems.2da to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.

Darth333: Random loot script that is intergrated into the games normal Random loot ,generation and debugging.

T7nowhere: Gameplay intergration: Script writing, Sith and Jedi Master Lightsaber replacement, Dialog editing, debugging.
Play testing: Colma Adawin(Formally known as MattColejk), maverick187, Mono_Giganto, RedHawke, Seprithro ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, svösh, tk102.

Special Gratitude goes out to our play testers Colma Adawin(Formally known as MattColejk), maverick187, Mono_Giganto, RedHawke tk102 for their helpful feedback and bug finding.

A very Special Thanks goes out to cchargin who made it Possible for us to make new lightsaber hilts for use in TSL, tk102 for His assistance in debugging, and for all his very useful utilities for which we all could not mod KotOR and TSL with out, Fred Tetra for his continued support of KotoR tool(aka. KT) another tool us modders could not live without, Xcom, Envida, and Of course stoffe -mkb- for their excellent Scripting knowledge, scripts and assistance.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Terms of use

This mod may not be re-upload to any other website besides LucasFiles.com and pcgmamemods.com Unless permission to do so is given by the USM mod Team. This means you guys at Kotorfiles :p

You may alter the contents of this mod in anyway you see fit for your personal use only.

You are not allowed to use any of this mods resources in other released mods without express written consent of the USM modding team.

The source scripts are there for modders and can be used freely.
__________________________________________________ __Finally thanks to all those people that supported us and have been eagerly awaiting this mods release.

USM UPDATES

Update 1: Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/baodur_BA_dlg_fix.rar)
This .rar contains updated dialogs for ba_build.dlg, baodur.dlg, visasmarr.dlg. Minor bug fixes in all three files but you should still download and install.

Update 2: Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Random_Loot_Patch.zip) NEW - as of Aug. 3rd, 2008
This zip contains the most recent patch to the USM loot script, this should also be installed. Thanks again to swfan28 for spotting and correcting this bug.

Update 3: (please read the instructions below to determine if you need this file, this is a mod compatibility patch.): Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Patch1.02.zip)

Depending on which mod you are using, drop one of the following files in your override folder:

- for Envida's complete mods, install the k_enter_601.ncs file located in the folder named Envida (k_enter_601.nss is provided for reference purpose only)

- for Darth333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors, install the k_enter_601.ncs file located in the folder named Darth333 (k_enter_601.nss is provided for reference purpose only)

If you happen to have both my mod and Envida's mod installed, the install my mod first and then Envida's. When prompted to replace the k_enter_601.ncs file, click yes)

(do not try to install both files as they will overwrite each other)

Update 4: Updated "upcrystals.2da". Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/USM_Update_4.zip)
Thanks to JacenPrime for catching this! :D

ATTENTION! To People using USM & Darkkender's Color Mods,
and Shadow's Saber Mods and the Odyssey Saber

In the Upcrystals.2da files, rows 41-56, which are files u_l_colo_*number*, they are listed as u_i_colo_*number* and rows 46-55 are listed u_i_color_*number* therefore explainng the problem.

Update 5:Compatability fix for stoffe -mkb- Handmaiden for female PC's and USM. By rgdelta
Only download this if you want to use both mods. Install instructions are in the readme included int he rar. Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/USM/handm4fempc_USMfix.rar)
 The_Maker
07-11-2005, 1:27 PM
Well, in my opinion it is worth every megabyte of space on my hard drive :D

Excellent work.
 Emperor Devon
07-11-2005, 3:23 PM
I now it's unlikely, but is it possible to get this to work in KOTOR 1? The sabers in that just look terrible now.
 General Kenobi
07-11-2005, 3:56 PM
Well alright T7 I thought I'd post you an update on my purple Windu saber problem I was having a few back. It was indeed the patch I missed installing that was my prob. The Bao Dur patch I mean. Just thought I'd follow up on that with you.

Sorry to hear all of those valuable posts were lost in the old version of this thread. (wondered why my post number got cut in 1/2)

I only hope some of the more important ones with heavy tutorial info in them didn't get wiped as well. ;)

DM
 Lorden Darkblade
07-11-2005, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by The_Maker
Well, in my opinion it is worth every megabyte of space on my hard drive :D

Excellent work.
I agree with you 110% :p :D :cool:
 Achilles
07-11-2005, 9:15 PM
Do I need to install each update independently or does Update 3 include files from the other two?
 T7nowhere
07-11-2005, 9:27 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Do I need to install each update independently or does Update 3 include files from the other two?

Update 3 is only for those that have d333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors or Envida's complete mods.

update 1 and 2 is what you need to install.
 RedHawke
07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
As I posted in that thread, It was sure fun testing it too! :D

Excellent work people! :thumbsup:
 Achilles
07-12-2005, 1:32 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Update 3 is only for those that have d333's Unlocked NarShadaa and Khoonda doors or Envida's complete mods.

update 1 and 2 is what you need to install. Ok then I'll try it this way: Do I need to install both 1 and 2 or does 2 include the files provided in update 1? The gist of my question is "Do I need to download all of these updates or are they cumulative?"

TIA
 T7nowhere
07-12-2005, 1:55 AM
you need them both. 1 is for dialogs 2 is for the usm loot script.
 KyleIII
07-12-2005, 7:23 AM
Great mod. I'm playing through with it for the first time and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've got a question, though. I've had no problem building sabers, and I've already gotten Visas to rebuild hers. Atton's the first NPC I've trained as a jedi, though, and I can't figure out how to get him to build his lightsaber. Is it related to the "I want to teach you some things" dialouge? If so that's pretty cool that they need to have a little Jedi experience before building their lightsaber, but if not how do I get him to build it? I don't have any other extra dialouge choices besides that one and it doesn't lead anywhere.
 svцsh
07-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by KyleIII
I can't figure out how to get him to build his lightsaber. Is it related to the "I want to teach you some things" dialouge? If so that's pretty cool that they need to have a little Jedi experience before building their lightsaber, but if not how do I get him to build it? I don't have any other extra dialouge choices besides that one and it doesn't lead anywhere.

Go for a walk with Atton , off* of the Ebon hawk. Then talk to him ;)

svцsh
 General Kenobi
07-12-2005, 2:55 PM
Yep just what Svosh up there said. ;) There are other kewl things along this line as well. Some scripts won't fire on the Hawk while others will. If you run into another try talking on the hawke and then off and see if it helps.

Also if it's your first run through with USM installed I'd highly recommend scrolling up to Big T's starter post for the thread and downloading the fixes some are need to download some are elective depending on what other mods you have installed. All explained in detail in T7's post. :D

Now that we have all these new "improved" sabers no one will ever use the standard...lol

DM
 SoNico717
07-12-2005, 6:58 PM
I didn't post anything when this mod came finally to light, now that i play the game with it i can say:

"You have done a great job, TSL will never be the same without USM, you really improved the game not only giving new hilts also with new dialogues. I love the idea that every party character build there own lightsaber".

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for my english :confused:, i hope you can understand me.
 NeveAngelus
07-12-2005, 7:37 PM
Okay, for some reason Bao Dur will not build me a new lightsaber. I've installed the new patch, finished the lightsaber quest and have USM (Selget Winde <sp>) regulation hilts and money enough, but all I get from the boy is "You need something." with the response "Nevermind".

Help please?
 KyleIII
07-12-2005, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
Yep just what Svosh up there said. ;) There are other kewl things along this line as well. Some scripts won't fire on the Hawk while others will. If you run into another try talking on the hawke and then off and see if it helps.

Also if it's your first run through with USM installed I'd highly recommend scrolling up to Big T's starter post for the thread and downloading the fixes some are need to download some are elective depending on what other mods you have installed. All explained in detail in T7's post. :D
Alright, thanks for the advice guys. I'll try taking him off the Hawk next time I play.

And yeah, I already installed all of the fixes. Haven't had any problems at all so far. Once again, this is a great mod!
 ChAiNz.2da
07-13-2005, 3:41 AM
Originally posted by NeveAngelus
Okay, for some reason Bao Dur will not build me a new lightsaber. I've installed the new patch, finished the lightsaber quest and have USM (Selget Winde <sp>) regulation hilts and money enough, but all I get from the boy is "You need something." with the response "Nevermind".
Have you tried asking Bao-Dur to build one off of the Ebon Hawke to see if you get the same response?
 NeveAngelus
07-13-2005, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Have you tried asking Bao-Dur to build one off of the Ebon Hawke to see if you get the same response?

Just tried it, and it's the same "Yes General?" with the only response being "Nevermind"

I'm sorry to be such a bother about it :(

Neve
 ChAiNz.2da
07-13-2005, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by NeveAngelus
Just tried it, and it's the same "Yes General?" with the only response being "Nevermind"

I'm sorry to be such a bother about it :(
Trust me, you're no bother at all. You have a valid question and would like an answer :)

I'm not sure, maybe T7 or one of the others may know.

@other USM'ers
Is there a level requirement for him to build a saber? Or other pre-requisite...

Yeah, I feel like a goober not knowing the answer about a mod I helped work on... call me "Flaky.2da" :p
 NeveAngelus
07-13-2005, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Trust me, you're no bother at all. You have a valid question and would like an answer :)

I'm not sure, maybe T7 or one of the others may know.

@other USM'ers
Is there a level requirement for him to build a saber? Or other pre-requisite...

Yeah, I feel like a goober not knowing the answer about a mod I helped work on... call me "Flaky.2da" :p

Considering you guys managed to put together such a huge wonderful mod (with this exception, I've had no problems getting Visas to build her's and Kriea's showed up perfectly fine as well) while working around real life, I don't think you should feel like a goober at all :)

And to give the other bug hunter some info that may help:

Character is a level 13 guardian, has 4 SW lightsaber cartridges (2 Purple, 1 Green, 1 Blue), plus the blue prints for the "breakaway" saber, but no crystals associated with it. Also has 2 double blades sabers gotten from in game, one single lightsaber constructed at the bench and one short lightsaber contructed at the bench.

Hope this helps.

Neve
 Smilodon
07-14-2005, 11:57 AM
@T7

I have a question. In one post in this thread before the forums went down you described to someone how to change the trainable NPC's .dlg files so one could still train them in the Force even if they are not the default Jedi class they become in the normal game, like when having mods that make them a prestige class instead etc.

Could you post the desciption again so that I (and perhaps others :D ) can train my prestige class NPCs? :)
 orus
07-17-2005, 5:58 PM
i still have the problem where the only crystals i get from random loot are Padawans, Rocarians, and Segans, even though i'm well past level 12. Tried removing all other mods from my Override folder, but that hasn't helped. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.
 Jeff
07-17-2005, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by orus
i still have the problem where the only crystals i get from random loot are Padawans, Rocarians, and Segans, even though i'm well past level 12. Tried removing all other mods from my Override folder, but that hasn't helped. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.
That is how it is supposed to be. You get some crystals for low levels, some for medium, and some for high levels. Well, you can get any crystal at any level, but the % are higher for a certain kind based on level.
 orus
07-17-2005, 7:00 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
That is how it is supposed to be. You get some crystals for low levels, some for medium, and some for high levels. Well, you can get any crystal at any level, but the % are higher for a certain kind based on level.

No, one character went well into the 20s and the other is at 18, and those 3 are the only crystals i've ever gotten from random loot.
 Jeff
07-17-2005, 7:02 PM
Originally posted by orus
No, one character went well into the 20s and the other is at 18, and those 3 are the only crystals i've ever gotten from random loot.
Well that is strange, but I would have to say it is back luck, since it uses the random loot system. It can't be a bug since it hasn't happened to anyone else...

EDIT: make sure you loot every possible place if you want USM crystals since they are hard to find, that is my best advice for finding new crystals.
 General Kenobi
07-17-2005, 7:08 PM
I agree with my fellow DM there. I've played through part of the game and only gotten 2 kinds before and played through again and gotten 5-7 different ones. Like DarthMoeller said make sure to check all loot stuff. Some are actually scripted into certain containers and such so they are there every time. ;)

I even know of one party member if talked to right will "give" you on of the former Sith Lord lightsabers :D

DM
 Darth333
07-17-2005, 7:13 PM
Perhaps you've just be unlucky. here are the random loot rules:

Overall Chances to spawn crystals per area:

- 100% chances to spawn a USM crystal when you kill a Jedi Master (except Vash).
- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals or DS robes on Korriban, Dxun Temple and surrounding area and Trayus academy
- 8% chances to spawn USM crystals in the sublevel of the Dantoine Jedi Enclave and the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave (given that there are so few containers)
- 10% chances to spawn USM crystals in the Dantoine crystal caves
- 2% chances to spawn crystals for JekkJekk Tarr and the Tunnels on Nar Shadaa
- 6% chances to spawn crystals in all other areas (min lvl8)e USM loot uses its own set of rules:

1. There are 4 levels of crystals:

Stage 1 crystals: these crystals have no special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players levels 8-12
Stage 2 crystals: these crystals have modest special properties - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 13-17
Stage 3 crystals: these crystals have are quite powerful - this is the main USM crystal loot for players level 18-5
Stage 4 crystals: rare crystals - low chances to spawn at any level - DS or LS planets

The chances to spawn crystals from a certain level increase or decrease according to your level. Dark side areas have their own rules but in general the rules are as follow:
a. player levels 8-12: (note that the overall default chance to spawn a crystal is 6% so when you see 55% it's 55% of 6 % ;) )
55% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
5% chance of spawning Stage 4 crystals

b. player levels 13-18:
25% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
55% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
15% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

c. player levels 19 +:
15% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
25% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
55% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals

For areas with stong Dark Side presence (a few crystals differ):

a. player levels 8-12:
38% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes

b. player levels 13-18:
17% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
38% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
10% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes

c. player levels 19 +:
10% chances of spawning Stage1 crystals
17% chances of spawning Stage2 crystals
38% chance of spawning Stage 3 crystals
30% ds robes
 MdKnightR
07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I have to say that I have been "unlucky" too. I have played the game through to the end with the USM installed and I am not quite half-way through my 2nd game with it. The only saber crystals that I encountered was Segan's (at one time I had nearly 10 crystals) Rocarian (probably a half a dozen or so), and a handful of Padawan crystals. The only exceptions were the Blood of Malevolence that was wielded by one of the Sith assassins in the Tomb of Freedon Nadd and the Alora-sor-Dana saber from the end of the Onderon storyline. and, of course the personal sabers of the Sith Lords and Jedi Masters you get when you scavenge their bodies. I have never encountered the Negotiator, Type A Lightsaber [aka aniпїЅs ep2], Type B Lightsaber [aka YodaпїЅs ep2], Type C Lightsaber [aka DookuпїЅs ep2], Darth Bandon's saber, Darth Malak's Lightsaber, Stylized Exar Kun Lightsaber, Jedi Master's Lightsaber[aka. Mace Windu's Lightsaber AotC], Jedi Knight's Lightsaber[ aka. Obi-Wan Kenobi's Lightsaber ANH], Traditional Jedi Knights Lightsaber[aka. Qui-gon Jin's Lightsaber Ep.1], Xia Terashai's Short Saber, Type-S Short Lightsaber, Type-G Short Lightsaber, Type-J Lightsaber, or the Type-E Lightsaber.

MdK
 Jeff
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
^^^
That does seem a bit odd that you never encountered any of those crystals. I have played it up till I was level 25 (with Achilles Balance Mod) and got Dooku's hilt, tons of padawan, tons of segan, one of the shortsabers, and I think it was type j lightsaber.

Could be a little more diverse for me, but remember, the chances of getting USM crystals at all are quite low.
 General Kenobi
07-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Don't you love the random loot :D

I finished all worlds at around level 23 and just went though the last part of onderon and got about 4 "cuts like j and such" Dooku's saber, Mace's saber in yellow, 2 padawan, Qui Gonn's :nut: Gotta Love it :D
 General Kenobi
07-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Hemm.....In my game just now Kavar stood alone at the Jedi Temple on Dant. and when he fell no saber. I noticed this last time I played with both him and Vrook :confused:
 Achilles
07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.
 T7nowhere
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by General Kenobi
Hemm.....In my game just now Kavar stood alone at the Jedi Temple on Dant. and when he fell no saber. I noticed this last time I played with both him and Vrook :confused:

Were they using their USM hilts?

Sorry if this has already been posted. I just spoke to Bao-Dur on the Ebon Hawk re: building a lightsaber with the extra crystals that I had. When prompted, I selected the nevermind option, but was still docked the 900 credits. Just an FYI.

Ya, this is a known bug that I forgot about, sorry. I'll fix it in the next update. Untill then make sure you want to build a saber.
 General Kenobi
07-19-2005, 3:58 PM
@T7
Were they using their USM hilts?

Yep Kavar had both sabers when I fought him but the option to "loot" him never appeared. It did that last time I got to final dant. with 2 Jedi Masters, neither one dropped the sabers for looting. Both had them though :confused:

Thanks

General Kenobi
EDIT: It is fine however if I just kill them when I find them right off hand. When I kill Kavar he drops his sabers on Onderon only at the end of Dantoonie does the option to loot them not appear.
 Malficious
07-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Bao-dur, Disciple, nor mira will construct their personal lightsabers
 Jeff
07-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Malficious
Bao-dur, Disciple, nor mira will construct their personal lightsabers
I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.
 Achilles
07-20-2005, 2:37 AM
Hmm...I'm only 3 planets into it but BD & Visas have already constructed their sabers (Kreia came with hers). Atton and HM are on the precipice of being trained, so I'll know shortly if their sabers work as well.
 Gkhan42
07-20-2005, 2:34 PM
First, many thanks for this wonderful mod. I've played around with it, and it really does wonders for fleshing out the game.

Now, a (hopefully not too noob) question. I'm one of those who can only play on the Xbox (PC just isn't up to snuff..at least not yet), and I know the textures for the blades appear odd becasue the xbox cannot handle the new textures. The new hilts appear to be fine, as far as I can see. The blades themselves appear like this: ][

My question is simply, is there a process that I can follow to modify the new sabers so that they will use the original xbox textures for the blades? I've played around modifying a few .uti files once and awhile, so I've got a (very) basic idea of how to use some of the tools. What kind of effort am I looking at here? Is this something that can be done with only a few mods per saber model, or something involving a great deal more work?

Thanks in advance,

Adept Havelock
 svцsh
07-20-2005, 3:26 PM
Cheating for the 3 saber parts won’t work , the game gets confused thinking the quest was never completed, just play the game normally acquire all 3 parts and a few usm crystals then with bao build your first usm.

After this your other npc’s can build their hilts, once the other factors are reached, properly completing the saber making quest and having them trained as force users..

Once vias has recovered and you talk with her , take her off the ship to build her hilt , at least I did and it works fine.

The dlg option is “there is something we need to talk about” , or the bottom reply *

For Atton and Boa I think you have to take them off the ship to build their hilts

Again The dlg option is "there is something we need to talk about" , or the bottom reply .

As for bandon ‘s .. it’s hiding and I would appreciate those that have found it. To not spoil the surprise for the others. It’s my personal Easter egg in the mod. ;)

svцsh
 T7nowhere
07-20-2005, 6:46 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
I have not gotten far enough in the game with the USM installed to get to Mira or in my case Handmaiden to make their own lightsabers, but I have heard others complain of this as well. And I have had trouble getting Visas to make hers. Maybe this is something the USM team wants to look into.

Well here's the thing, there isn't really anything to look into. The only way it would not work is if you don't have globalcat.2da installed or the npc is modded jedi class.

The requirments for the dialog option to show is the npc jedi class and the lightsaber quest completion. For atton you have to talk to him about it off the ebon hawk because of where he is placed it really messed up the script. its not very complex so, I don't understand how it could be not working unless the problem is what I stated in the first paragraph.

I added a global to a dlg node when there multiclassed so that will open the dialog option and if for some reason that doesn't work I disguised my cheat nodes that will appear if npc is thir jedi class and if the global was not set.
 Jeff
07-20-2005, 8:53 PM
Maybe I accidentally overwrote something, or something like that then. Sounds like that is the only explanation for the npc's to not build their sabers.
 kata_mad
07-23-2005, 3:12 PM
A problem I have come accross is when I ask visas to create her lightsaber as long as I specify the colour she will build it, If i let her choose the colour she doesn't and the option disapears. Is this something anyone else has come accross.
 Achilles
07-23-2005, 3:35 PM
Not I. I've let every character select their own color and it worked fine. I did notice that Atton did not equip his saber after we built it though.
 JacenPrime
07-23-2005, 4:22 PM
What is the UTI for Visas' saber, as mine did not fire, and I don't have one for her.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-23-2005, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by JacenPrime
What is the UTI for Visas' saber, as mine did not fire, and I don't have one for her.
usm_lghtsbr_145 (Blue)
usm_lghtsbr_146 (Red)
usm_lghtsbr_147 (Green)
usm_lghtsbr_148 (Yellow)
usm_lghtsbr_149 (Violet)

You can also browse T7's modding notes (included in the mod) for some of the other .uti numbers :)
 General Kenobi
07-23-2005, 4:28 PM
I don't think the uti is the problem all the usm lightsabers are buildable for me and I don't have a problem once installing the mini updates making any of them. Either with the Hawke's help or by asking any party member to make them for themselves letting them choose or me choose for them.

If it were me I'd simply override the old and reinstall usm. I've did it for conflict issues and it fixes everything for me ;)
 JacenPrime
07-24-2005, 9:32 AM
Its not building them, its because her dialouge didn't trigger (though I think that might have been because I didn't notice update 1 until I passed that point)
 Achilles
07-24-2005, 8:39 PM
Everytime I try to use it, I end up with a null grenade instead of a lightsaber.
 General Kenobi
07-24-2005, 8:41 PM
Everytime I try to use it, I end up with a null grenade instead of a lightsaber.
Hey there Achilles :waive1: I think that one is "Goldie"
 T7nowhere
07-24-2005, 8:47 PM
G-cut Crystals are short sabers, so it can only be used in a short hilt.
Page: 1 of 5