Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't use cheats - well, sort of...

Page: 1 of 1
 meng-chieh
07-11-2005, 1:34 AM
The cheats all work for me, but I have a problem with setForceAll X. The cheat itself works perfectly, but the problem appears after each mission in which the cheat was used. In the upgrade force screen, all the forces are now filled up to three due to the cheat (I think) so I can't click on any of them and thus can't progress into the weapons screen, and I also can't quit to main menu, so it basically means that I now have to manually shut the game down and restart. Is there any way around this problem?
 •-BLaCKouT-•
07-11-2005, 1:59 AM
This was mentioed the other day (and therefore I assume, lost now).
If you setforceall 3 (or 9 or whatever), then choose a power you don't use and set that power to 1 or 2 then you have room for the 'upgrade' at the end of the level.

Just remember to set the power back down at the start of each level :)

(hope that makes sense, it's early here)
B.
 meng-chieh
07-11-2005, 2:10 AM
Thanks - I think I know what you're talking about...
 StrangeOne
07-11-2005, 9:31 AM
There's another option, but you'd have to know how to make pk3 files to use it.

You'd use a modified ingameforceselect.menu file, modified in the following way:

At the bottom of this file is a section for the "weapons" button that appears on the menu ingame. There's a 'name' line for the name of the button. the 'name' is "weaponsbutton" There's warnings about not changing it's name. Just ignore them and change it to something else, say altweaponsbutton.

To be able to read pk3's (which are really .zip but with a different name) you'd need a program like winzip, winrar, or pakscape.
(pakscape can be found here http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Pakscape;31681) )

To make this, you'd first extract ingameforceselect.menu from the ui folder in assets1.pk3, and place this menu in a ui folder you create. Then right-click on the file, properties, then disable the read-only box. Then open ingameforceselect.menu with wordpad. Scroll to the very bottom of the file, then scroll up till you find the weapons button as discribed above and make the changes. Save the file, then use a program to put the ui folder containing the modified menu into a pk3 file. Be sure to give it a name that comes after assets3, like "forceMenuMod" Then place this folder into your "base" folder in your Jedi Academy game directory. if you installed in the default path, it would be: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base"

And that's it. The Weapons button will be always active, allowing you to bypass the forceselect. If you accidently skip alloctation when you wanted to allocate, you can use the approprate set code for the power you wish to adjust. these are:

Setforceall (0-7)

Setforceabsorb (0-3)
Setforcedrain (0-3)
Setforcegrip (0-3)
Setforceheal (0-3)
Setforcejump (0-3)
Setforcelightning (0-3)
Setforceprotect (0-3)
Setforcepull (0-3)
Setforcepush (0-3)
Setforcerage (0-3)
setforcesight (0-3)
Setforcespeed (0-3)
Setmindtrick (0-4)
Setsaberdefense (0-3)
Setsaberoffense (0-7)
Setsaberthrow (0-3)

Also, IKnowKungFu will act like setforceall 3, without the messy saberstyle messup, and give you the melee weapon with combos enabled.

So, with these, you can play with full force, all light side only, or all dark side only from the start of the game, all the way through, without hassle. :)
Page: 1 of 1