Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber blade tutorials?

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I've done quite a few mods, but i want something more challenging. I googled for saber blade tutorials but didnt find any good info.

Does anyone here have a tutorial of how to make new lightsaber blades? And also tell me the required softwares to do it. Thanx
 razorace
07-10-2005, 11:25 AM
buh, I think it's just a matter of editting the saber blade textures with a texture editor.
 Crow_Nest
07-11-2005, 7:57 AM
Crap, why didnt Raven/LC incude one in the SDK? So i'll have to go search for one right?
 Crow_Nest
07-18-2005, 3:35 AM
Searched for it on google, but never found any. :(

Does any one know any good tutorials for making saber blades?
 Kurgan
07-19-2005, 10:24 PM
As far as texture editors go, if you don't have Photoshop, there's GIMP (free) and Paint Shop Pro (shareware).

Extract the graphics files from the pk3's with Pakscape or winzip and then edit them, rename 'em and put them into a new pk3...

For reference you could take an addon saber you like, take it apart and see how that person did it.

Maybe you'll be the one to write a Saber Blade Tutorial for the Community? :)
Page: 1 of 1