Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

recording demos

Page: 1 of 1
 BeeSting
07-09-2005, 5:59 PM
I want to start a private server and make it so I can record demo's. What do I have to do to allow demos on a server. Thanks.
 razorace
07-09-2005, 6:44 PM
Uh, search for demo recording on the forums. There's serveral threads on the subject.
 Kurgan
07-10-2005, 6:15 PM
Even though Raz is right, here's how to do it quick:

(in console of course)

\g_synchronousclients 1
\record <what you want to call this demo>

Then when finished:

\stoprecord
\g_synchronousclients 0

The demos created with 1.01 will have the extension dm_26.

Some say you can turn off the synch thing before you stop record, but that's how I do it above and it seems to work. Put them in your /base/demos/ folder and enjoy!

Note: demos recorded with mods will require those mods to look right, and demos recorded in the unpatched game won't run in the patched version (and vice versa).

Now if you want to create demos from Single player with sound, look up a program called FRAPS and recording with that. And yes there's threads on that too... ;)
 razorace
07-10-2005, 9:49 PM
Well, I've personally tried it with just quickly toggling g_sync with a script. I beleive it works better that way.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
07-11-2005, 1:32 PM
You don't have to do anything to the server to "allow" demos to be recorded, anyone can record demos on any server. Having a demo-recording script makes it easier.

Go to http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/) and click on the link "Recording Demos". There are also demos there that can be downloaded for your viewing pleasure.
 razorace
07-11-2005, 1:39 PM
Are you sure about that? From personal experience you can't change the g_sync cvar without having rcon or admin control over the server.
 acdcfanbill
07-14-2005, 10:13 PM
no but the client doesnt change the servers cvar anyway, its only synching all the clients is what i thought, once synched you can start recording and then turn off synch as its bloody annoying to play w/ it on ;)
Page: 1 of 1