Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Backup disc for JA (legit)

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I used CloneCD to make backup discs for myself cause im afraid it'll get damaged after a long time.

But i get the infamous cl_packetentites error. I know some people on LF managed to successfully burn a backup disk of JA without and problems or errors.

I use CloneCD to create image and burn the image file. And idea what went wrong?
 •-BLaCKouT-•
07-09-2005, 1:42 AM
Had the same problem myself mate :( I think your CloneCD version will only work for single player. Only alternative is to get one from Ebay for about a fiver.

On a similar note, I went to play JO the night before last and there's a bloody crack in the CD!! Computer wouldn't recognise it at ALL. Good job I'd backed it up earlier ("to save wear and tear on the original" :mad: ) Haven't tested JO/MP though, so I'll be getting another from Ebay anyways.

But yeah, I can't understand it either. Any serial number that's transferred during the installation should be present on the cloned cd. So the problem with a legitimate backup shouldn't occur. Arse, eh?

B.
 razorace
07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
I use daemon tools myself. But I think I might be using a special cracked ISO to get everything to work.
 Kurgan
07-09-2005, 3:12 PM
The trouble is, while this info is legit and useful for us JA owners, it could also be used by less than legitimate ("warez kiddies") in the wrong hands.

So be careful... anyway.

I too use a cloned disc when playing Multiplayer, but when I play Single Player I have to use the original disc 1, which I do of course and no problems (no cd cracks used). I've never had the "cl-Parsepacketentities" error with a Q3 game, much less JA, so I dunno man...

I do wish I could use a backup for SP too, just in case, but there you go.

Note, that I did use the original discs to install the game in the first place... which might be your problem (if you installed from backup discs initially).
Page: 1 of 1