Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Upgrading DL-44 Blaster

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
07-08-2005, 1:29 PM
...is now available here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/14090/).

Edit: Uploaded version 2 to Pcgamemods.

Here's a paste of the readme:

----------------
I. Installation
II. Description
III. Further Details
IV. Terms of Use
V. Where this Mod may be Uploaded
VI. Acknowledgements
VII. Contact Info
----------------

I. Installation

If you haven't already, create a folder in your SWKotOR2 directory, and name it override. Extract the contents of this file to your override folder. If you do not use the USM mod, then you are crazy. All kidding aside, without this mod installed, all you have to do is extract the files, and you're done. If you do use it, then you need to delete the Mira.dlg file included with this mod, and rename Mira_USM_compatible.dlg to Mira.dlg. After you do that, you need to find the Mira.dlg from the USM and delete it, otherwise it will likely overwrite this one.

If you do not have WinRAR, you may find it here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm)

NOTE: I recommend installing the following mod FIRST. If you don't, many of the items in Vossk's inventory will look like standard blasters. The reason you need to install that first is because there are several files in this mod that are intended to overwrite files in that mod.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/11269/)

----------------

II. Description:

This mod will add a new shop to the game, which can be accessed by Vossk, the trandoshan ex-bounty hunter on Nar Shadaa. (Thanks to ChAiNz.2da for providing me with a pre-made merchant for this.) Within the shop, Vossk will sell some basic normal items, such as blaster pistols, blaster upgrades, grenades and the like. He will also sell several of my previously released models. One item he sells in particular is called the DL-44 blaster pistol. You may recognize it as the blaster Han Solo uses in A New Hope. Once you've bought it, you can use it to fight off all the baddies in the game. But there's more to this mod. After you recruit Mira/Hanharr, you will have the option to have them examine the blaster, and upgrade it for you. The first upgrade is available at level 15, the second is available at level 18, and the final is available at level 21. After the final upgrade, the blaster becomes
upgradeable via the workbench, so you can upgrade it to your liking after that. At
this point, the blaster will look like Han's in The Empire Strikes Back.

Depending on who you choose to recruit, the blaster will have different attributes. While Mira will upgrade the blaster's accuracy and abilities such as Massive Criticals, Hanharr will go for a more powerful pistol, increasing its damage capabilities and giving it an
On Hit Knockdown effect.

----------------

III. Further Details:

As the blaster upgrades, its appearance will change each time, going from being
the semi-famous "Greedo Killer" to Han's ANH blaster, all the way to the ESB blaster.

Each time you upgrade the blaster, its icon in the inventory will change, making it easier to tell which level of the blaster you currently have. The description will also change slightly, allowing you to again see which level of the blaster you have.

Mira's dialog reuses existing VO's from her dialog, so there should be no silent dialog lines for her, with the exception of line in brackets. [ ]

Source scripts are included, many of which are not the most efficient way to execute such commands. However, if you're a modder and as bad as scripting as I am, they may help you out. ^_^

Also included is a second version of Mira's dialog, which is compatible with the Ultimate Saber Mod, which can be found at the following address:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/13275)

I also suggest you download the following mod, as all but one of the gun models in
the following mod appear in this mod. They don't replace anything ingame, and they're decent models, but if you don't like them, then you don't need to buy them, but it does save the trouble of having white boxes in Vossk's store, and any other possible issues with the mod.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/11269/)

----------------

IV. Terms of Use:

You are free to modify this for your own personal use if you want.

You may use parts of this mod in your own mod without asking for my permission, but
you must include this readme somewhere in the .zip or .rar of your mod.

If you use any part of the Vossk dialog, scripts, or merchant files, then you need to ask ChAiNz.2da for permission, as he made those files for himself and generously supplied them for my mod, so I didn't actually make those.

----------------

V. Where this Mod may be Uploaded:

This mod may NOT be uploaded ANYWHERE other than Pcgamemods unless you have my permission to do so. That means you guys at kotorfiles. :p

----------------

VI. Acknowledgements:

ChAiNz.2da - For providing me with the files concerning Vossk's store, for helping me test this mod, and for being an all-around good guy with the inability to make a negative comment.

T7Nowhere - For patiently dealing with my modelling laziness and helping me to fix a problem with the texture map. I think we've had that conversation more than once. :D

Darth333 - Without her, this mod would probably be just another item you get
through cheats. She has provided in-depth scripting assitance and advice, and
I doubt I could've written the Level/Item check script on my own. Darth333 also helped with the testing, which I appreciate.

Tk102 - Also provided in-depth scripting assistance, and helped me to make the "Replace Item" script. And he made the Dialog Editor. 'Nuff said. He also dealt with my DLGEditor issue, when the only problem was my lack of sleep, and doing something that couldn't
be done. :D

Fred Tetra - Now, how many mods would be out there if we didn't have his tools? I couldn't have made this without KT and his altered script compiler.

"Master" svцsh - For sitting around last year exchanging PMs with me over the basics of modelling. This guy truly is "the master" at modelling, as he is called at LucasForums. I'd still be making boxes on top of other boxes if it weren't for his patience.

Cchargin - Modelling for this game RELIES on MDL Ops. This mod would be impossible without him.

Hefe - I borrowed a tiny piece of one of his saber textures to apply to the screws on my models. Just a little texture circle. :) But I couldn't create it myself.

Antizac - lacking any reference shots to make the ANH blasters, I imported his JA model into GMax, and modelled mine based off of his. I'm releasing my own blaster with his permission. No parts of Antizac's model are located in this mod. You can find his blaster here:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/4162)

----------------

VII. Contact Info:

This is how to contact me in case of an error in the mod, or if you are a nice person and are requesting permission to use parts of my mods even though I don't require it.

Source 1 - Lucasforums

www.lucasforums.com)

PM "Mono_Giganto"

Source 2 - AOL Instant Messenger

Screename: MonoGiganto (Aren't I creative?)

Please try not to use this one unless you are reporting a serious mod error.

Source 3 - Pcgamemods Mod Comments

Simple as that.

To avoid spam, my e-mail will not be posted as a source. :-)

----------------

Enjoy the mod, and have a nice day.

There is still a minor bug or two, Vossk's store restocks each time you talk to him, so you can effectively buy the blaster over and over. That's the only known one at this point, and hopefully the only one. Fixed.

Comments of course are welcome.

BTW, what the hell happened to LF? Everything from the last month has been deleted. I just re-received PMs from USM testing. :confused:
 Lorden Darkblade
07-08-2005, 1:33 PM
Great work Mono ;)
And fantastic sig too :D :D :D
 Mono_Giganto
07-08-2005, 1:40 PM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Great work Mono ;)
And fantastic sig too :D :D :D

Bah. That sig is ancient. It's only showing up 'cause LF seems to have brought us back to last month. I've lost 100 posts. :p I hope they fix this, all of the threads in Holowan are gone too. All of our knowledge...
 Lorden Darkblade
07-08-2005, 1:46 PM
Oh noes....
I just noticed...
I was with 1044 posts... >_> Lost my custom title!
[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/Darth Vader]
 Colma Adawin
07-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Oh noes....
I just noticed...
I was with 1044 posts... >_> Lost my custom title!
[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/Darth Vader]

Anyways,

We shouldnt be concerning ourselves with the loss of posts,

BACK TO THE GUN!! ;)

Great work Mono, got my copy, and i'll use it tonite ;)

Colma Adawin
 Mono_Giganto
07-09-2005, 9:56 PM
Bump!

Heh, just kidding moderators....

Version 2 is uploaded to PCGM now, you can get it right here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/14090/).

Due to the auto-restock of the store, version 1 allowed you to buy the blaster infinitely, which I didn't intend. So, with the help of tk102, I inserted a little conditional script, so that once you buy the blaster, it becomes unavailable for further purchases. But of course, I goofed up the dialog, and another special thanks goes to ChAiNz for quick-testing it and not only pointing the patch's error out, but patching the patch and even re-packaging the mod for me. What a buddy. :)
 Jeff
07-10-2005, 6:06 PM
Sweet gun model Mono, and great way of getting it in game!
 Darth_ToMeR
07-10-2005, 6:25 PM
I stopped posting here, but I must say that this is great! good job.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-10-2005, 6:39 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
What a buddy. :)
aww.. gosh.. golly.. gee whiz.. shucks.. :p

I was just happy to be able to help out man... I owe everyone here alot with helping me learn how to do this stuff... and now that I am able to help, it feels good to return the favor...

But besides that... in all honesty...

Your guns are always premium/high quality stuff, and I just gotta' have "da' firepower" ;)

Killer Mod! :thumbsup:
 Mono_Giganto
07-10-2005, 10:27 PM
@ ChAiNz - Well, perhaps I should whip up some basic How-To's for various sections of blasters, so that next time, you can help me with the modelling part. :devburn:

You know, stuff like 'broomhandle' type grips, muzzles and the like. Most of it you could probably figure out on your own, but I could make them public knowledge. :D

@ ToMeR - If you've stopped posting, then the fact that you took the time to comment really makes me feel good about myself. :D
 svцsh
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Nice work Mono :D very cool upgrade idea, and guns :)

svцsh
 RedHawke
07-12-2005, 7:37 PM
Ok Mono, I just now finally had time to look at these implements of destruction...

Very, very cool! :thumbsup:
 clydeski
11-10-2005, 2:02 PM
What is the name of the mod you recommend downloading 1st or what is it's new link to pcgamesmod.com? Link seems to be broken since last update of pcgames mod.

Thanks
 Mono_Giganto
11-10-2005, 2:17 PM
Whoops, sorry about that, I keep forgetting to update things like this.

Here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11269.html) you go. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Hey, Darth333, may want tomove this to where it belongs now, as a suggestion. :)
 Epy-ir
02-25-2008, 7:56 PM
I know this is very old but I am wondering if Mono or anyone else familiar with the script knows where to edit the Hanharr.dlg so the PC does not get stuck in a talk loop?
 Shem
02-25-2008, 8:59 PM
Since this thread has resurfaced, I should post a new download link Mono has uploaded it since PCGM is dead and I'm betting someone may ask anyway if I didn't. :xp:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Upgrading_DL44_Blaster_Pistol;66538)
 Epy-ir
02-26-2008, 1:25 AM
Since this thread has resurfaced, I should post a new download link Mono has uploaded it since PCGM is dead and I'm betting someone may ask anyway if I didn't. :xp:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Upgrading_DL44_Blaster_Pistol;66538)

Hi Shem,

Yes that is where I downloaded the link but the hanharr.dlg in that file still has the Conversation/dialog loop bug that is mentioned in the Bugs:
I've been told there was an issue with Hanharr's dialogue getting stuck in a loop, but I haven't been able to confirm this. If you have issues with Hanharr's dialogue, PM me with a detailed description of the problem at LucasForums.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this loop using dlgeditor, it seemed like it wasn't a big problem.

The workaround I used in current game was to delete the hanharr.dlg included in that link, rename Mira's dlg to hanharr.dlg when I wanted to upgrade, then take that file out for hanharr to talk normally (without Mira's voice).

This works fine except it gives the Mira upgrade for the dl44.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the edits for the hanharr.dlg included there so hanharr doesn't enter a conversation loop with no option appearing to exit the conversation.
 Mono_Giganto
02-29-2008, 8:38 PM
*Peeks Out From Under Rock*

The main reason I never addressed this is because by that point I had stopped playing TSL, and even when I did play, I never really played DS after the first time. I heard mention of this loop and checked the dialog file but couldn't find any indication of the loop, and, lacking a savegame to test it and the interest to actually load up the game, I eventually forgot about it. If someone can tell me what section/what lines loop, it'd be a big help, and I'll do my best to fix the file this weekend.

By the way, it seems that in my absence, Taina's Replacer Tool has gone absent as well. Anyone mind PMing me a copy?
 Epy-ir
02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
*Peeks Out From Under Rock*

The main reason I never addressed this is because by that point I had stopped playing TSL, and even when I did play, I never really played DS after the first time. I heard mention of this loop and checked the dialog file but couldn't find any indication of the loop, and, lacking a savegame to test it and the interest to actually load up the game, I eventually forgot about it. If someone can tell me what section/what lines loop, it'd be a big help, and I'll do my best to fix the file this weekend.

By the way, it seems that in my absence, Taina's Replacer Tool has gone absent as well. Anyone mind PMing me a copy?

Hi Mono,

The loop happened to me when I first engaged in dialog with hanharr. It was the whole selection of first dialog lines with no option of exiting the conversation. Different conversation chains revolving around his homeworld and past for the most part but no exit out of the convo. There were a few Influence checks which I failed so its possible that if someone had gained influence with Hanharr that would open up an exit option. Also I am using the Ultimate Saber Mod.

No big deal really if you dont have the time or cant find what is looping (the bug is minor compared to TSL inherent unstableness), I am enjoying the model upgrades very much as is, huge improvement over the tsl models =)
 Mono_Giganto
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the information. I'll find time to look into it today or tomorrow, though I'm not sure when that will be seeing as I just started playing K2 again. :D

I forgot how awful some of the gun models were.... Someone should really do something about that. :p

Edit: I think I found where the missing node should be. You're right, the 'questions' hierarchy had no dialog exit. Added one in. Try this file:

http://rapidshare.de/files/38716472/hanharr.dlg.html)

Let me know if it works.

Deleted off-topic posts about emails and attachments that would have been better served as PM's. Thanks. @ Nice to see you back Mono! :D -RH
Page: 1 of 1