Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Crazy game crashes

Page: 1 of 1
 lukeiamyourdad
06-03-2005, 4:44 PM
Since 3 days, TSL has been crashing every 5 minutes for me. I can't figure out the source of this problem.
It was running fine before.

A few reasons come to my mind, but I'm not sure if any of them are the reason.

1- Two weeks ago, I received the ntfs.sys is missing message while scanning for viruses. The solution is simple, pull out the RAM card, reboot, put it back, restart. For two weeks, the computer ran perfectly. I don't think this is the problem, but it might be linked and is worth mentionning.

2- Last week, I installed some uncertified USB audio drivers, as I needed to tranfer a movie from my camcorder. While transferring, Windows Movie Maker would crash if I let it there for too long (over 3 min). After finishing, I uninstalled the USB audio drivers.
This is problem might be linked to the other, though I'm not sure.

3- I installed the Catalyst 5.5 drivers about 4 days ago (before the problems started). But I reverted back to 5.4 (which ran TSL fine) and the problem stayed. This is the most probable reason.

4- MontrŠ¹al's weather. A heat wave has passing through the city for 3 days now. My computer is on the top floor of my house, where it's very hot during summer time. I find this unlikely, that a pogram would mess up for such a lousy reason.

All of my other games and programs work perfectly fine. No crashes, nothing weird noticed.

System specs:
Athlon XP 2000+
ATi Radeon 9000 PRO
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
512mb of RAM
Unknown ECS motherboard (I'll check it ou with Everest later)

Any help is appreciated.
Page: 1 of 1