Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

off topic: what is going on with this forum?!

Page: 1 of 1
 Commas
05-25-2005, 2:30 AM
sorry for starting a non modding thread, so mods, if this should be somewhere else go ahead and move it, i wont be hurt, this is just the only forum on starwarsknights.com i frequent, but am i the only one who is constantly getting the "Database error" page just about everytime i try to visit the forum, and when i try to reply to a thread? now i can understand that the forum goes down everyonce and a while, but its happening really often for me, and now tonight, something new is happening, threads that have many replies when you go the thread are listed as having no replies on the main forum page, which makes it hard to follow a topic, because you dont know when someone has posted in it.

once again, im sorry if this is not the right place for this so mods, if this is the wrong place please move it, but i needed to know if i was the only one getting this problem. (i've tried clearing my cache many times and still everything is weird)
 T7nowhere
05-25-2005, 4:07 AM
Ya I know,something is screwy, I haven't heard much about it from other mods, but rest assured your not the only one this is happing to and I'm certain the Admins know about it.

Moved to feedback.
 FiEND_138
05-25-2005, 4:08 AM
Perhaps the surge in people viewing the boards because of Ep 3 is too much for the server.

:confused:
 Rekoil
05-25-2005, 9:04 AM
or perhaps you guys should think of upgrading to a newer version of the forum software. oh and while youre at it chuck us in a couple of nice skins. no offence but im really getting sick of this one
 Rekoil
05-25-2005, 9:08 AM
i mean cmon you guys are using 2.3 when latest version is 3.0.7... ur a bit behind

this post was supposed to be in my other post but since it wont edit im posting a new post.
 Darth333
05-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Rekoil
i mean cmon you guys are using 2.3 when latest version is 3.0.7... ur a bit behind
Admins are working on this ;)
 The Source
05-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I am having the same problems as well. I thought it was my computer, so I reformated and reinstalled everything. When I came back online, to Lucasforums.com, I noticed the same problem.

I get:
Database Error
Or
Page Does Not Exist 401 Error
 Rekoil
05-25-2005, 11:09 AM
lol u reinstalled ur system coz lucasforums didnt work properly. **** man atleast post and ask ppl if they get the error 2 first
 Colma Adawin
05-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by MacLeodCorp
I am having the same problems as well. I thought it was my computer, so I reformated and reinstalled everything. When I came back online, to Lucasforums.com, I noticed the same problem.

I get:
Database Error
Or
Page Does Not Exist 401 Error

If your telling the truth, thats full dedication to the forums right there!

I Myself would exort to those extremes, i've got too many important files on my little computer :xp:

MattCole
 stingerhs
05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
IMHO, i think its a big turn-off for some people considering the sudden lack of new posts in most of the forums. normally, we would have a lot more posts in the swknights than what we have now.
 The Source
05-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I have two computers. One for internet use and the other for buisness, gamming, and modding. Since my files are on another computer, I transfer my work by memory stick. Nothing lost in the reinstall. I can afford to loose the internet computer to foolish things, but my other computer is too full with important information to risk an internet connection... Stand Alone Complex!:D
 Colma Adawin
05-25-2005, 3:37 PM
Okay, i was going to start a new thread, but this thread basicly the place to go.

I've Recently noticed that the forums haven't been updating themselves. ie. ( i posted on a thread in Holowan Labs and it shows the thread as 0 posts.) i was just wondering if it was related to this "Database error" ?

MattCole

EDIT: i've just noticed that its the same with this thread as well btw.
 STDSkillz
05-25-2005, 7:32 PM
I'm thinking that those two would be related ...

Man, I created a topic with a question in it, and that question had been answered, so I wanted to delete it. Sheesh, it took me a day and a half to delete that thing. Every time I would attempt to delete it, it would give me that database error.

I thought it was funny. :D
 Emperor Devon
05-25-2005, 7:33 PM
Hmm, the same thing seems to be happening to me, as well. It also seems to take much longer to load the page.
 Bob Lion54
05-27-2005, 6:43 PM
HEY HEY!!!!!!!

This is the first time I've been able to get on for 2 days!

It's good the admins are aware of not and its not just me with the problem.

I really needed a Toutorial and I couldn't get to it, so I am happy now.

I hope everything goes smoothly. Sometimes things happen you can't predict, but it seems you guys have it under control.
 FiEND_138
05-27-2005, 6:52 PM
Page: 1 of 1