Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Padawan Robe Templates are available for download

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
05-16-2005, 8:37 AM
...from PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12500/)

From the readme:

New Padawan Robe Skins by Achilles

*Author's Notes*

A huge thanks goes out to Svosh for his recent release of the remapped Jedi Robes for SWKotORII:TSL (more info can be found at http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148776). As a result of his efforts, some new opportunities exist for those of us that didn't particularly care for the silly neckline that the default robes have.

For those of you who are familiar with my Robe Mod for TSL, you know that I'm not a big fan of the Knight/Master robe model. As such, I haven't put any effort into reskinning those textures, but I have played around with the Padawan texture. To save others some time and effort, I am sharing my robe template with those who are interested.

Each template (.psd) is broken down into multiple layers and destaturated for quick and easy recoloring. Please feel free to use these for your mods, however I do ask that Svosh and I both get our due credit if you publish a mod using these skins. Please do not post these files elsewhere (this means you Kotorfiles).

*Screenies*

Male - http://img216.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled39wm.jpg)
Female - http://img201.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled40uk.jpg)

*Disclaimer*

This is not an actual mod, rather Photoshop files ("templates") that can be used in conjuntion with Svosh's remapped robe models to make mods. These skins will not work (well) without the aforementioned models.
 tk102
05-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Here's why I think this is cool. I've never been into the whole skinning and modeling side of modding. However I do know a liitle about using Photoshop. Achilles you just provided the perfect stepping stone to try out robe skinning and maybe even learn a thing or two more about Photoshop. :)
 Darth333
05-16-2005, 10:35 AM
This is great Achilles, many modders will surely find this very helpful!:)

Originally posted by tk102
...I've never been into the whole skinning and modeling side of modding. However I do know a liitle about using Photoshop. Achilles you just provided the perfect stepping stone to try out robe skinning and maybe even learn a thing or two more about Photoshop. :) Take a break from the utilities! I'd love to see Jedi robes by tk102! :D
 Commas
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
this is perfect achilles, thank you! for some reason i just could not wrap my head around how to use svosh's excellent new robe fix and was waiting for someone to realease a mod using it so i could learn too, but this is even better! Thanks a million!
 Mav
05-16-2005, 1:13 PM
Achilles this is a fabulous idea, I'm just curious as to one aspect... I suppose I could just download and find out for myself, but is one of your layers the actual Uvmap?
 Prime
05-16-2005, 3:35 PM
If only this had happened sooner! :D
 Lorden Darkblade
05-16-2005, 3:56 PM
Looks very very good Achillies!
This will stay in my override folder till KotOR3 comes out ;) (If they even make one) :p
 Achilles
05-16-2005, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Achilles this is a fabulous idea, I'm just curious as to one aspect... I suppose I could just download and find out for myself, but is one of your layers the actual Uvmap? Oops...I suppose I should have left that in there, but no. I deleted it before I prepped everything for the zip. The good news is that it would take you about 3 seconds to add it back if you wanted to.
 Aash Li
07-09-2005, 10:24 AM
It would be nice if these robe-templates were for Kotor as well as TSL.. >_>
 Darth Smaug
07-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Fantastic mod!:)
 Achilles
07-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Aash Li
It would be nice if these robe-templates were for Kotor as well as TSL.. >_> I think I lost my KotOR robe templates when my HDD crashed a few months ago. If they happen to be on the back up disk that I made a million years ago, then I'll be happy to share them.
 Aash Li
07-09-2005, 3:19 PM
That would be cool. They had cds a million years ago? ^_^;

I just noticed your forum title... will work for guano... >_<
 Achilles
07-09-2005, 7:54 PM
Guess the templates didn't make to the one back up disc I made :(
 Janan Pacha
07-12-2005, 7:38 PM
This is really cool, but I have a question - so don't shoot me if it's something I overlooked in the guides/faqs please. When saving (as a .tga) it asks me to pick a resolution to save it at . . .

What's the difference between these? Does it require a certain resolution to work with the game? :confused:

-

Oh and just out of curiosity, how did you get the different layers color coded in the box? I've been trying to do that because my brain has tracking issues O.o
 Achilles
07-12-2005, 9:21 PM
Save it at 32-bit. KotOR uses all four channels (@ 8 bits eachs). Saving it at 24 might cause problems, even on a texture that doesn't necessarily make use of the alpha.

As for the colored layers, right click the layer and choose Layer Property. In the window that opens you should see a drop-down that you can select colors from.
 Janan Pacha
07-12-2005, 9:24 PM
Must be on option for a later photoshop version than I have (6) - thanks for the info, the textures are looking great in game. :)
 Achilles
07-12-2005, 9:30 PM
Thanks! I actually decided to make a v.2.0 that (IMHO) looks much better than this (complete reskin of the under robe to look more like the PT robes). I got about 80% of the way through it and decided to take a break. Unfortunately, I also decided to take a break from KotOR and TSL, so it's completely fallen by the wayside for now. Maybe I'll get off my butt here soon and finish the tabbards so I can release it. :rolleyes:
 SoNico717
07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
This is great!!!

Thanks for sharing this :thmbup1:.
 Achilles
07-13-2005, 1:00 AM
Well, since I mentioned it, I found my interest piqued again. Here's a screenie of what I have so far.

Everything except the under-robe will be the default texture (not shown). I just have to finish the tabbards and add some color. I don't know if I'll use the same texture for the female robes, or if I'll try to make a unique skin *shrug*.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome (especially from the veteran skinners :D)

Achilles Padawan Robe Mod v.1.something (http://img316.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myrobe8oo.jpg)
Page: 1 of 1