Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Disciple, Would You Please SHUT UP!" Mod is available for download

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
05-15-2005, 10:20 PM
...from PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10/)....since) my site is still frozen for a few more days.

From the readme:

"Disciple, Would You Please SHUT UP!" Mod by Achilles

*Author's Notes*

Disciple isn't such a bad guy. Sure his voice is kinda annoying but hey. What does drive me nuts are his extremely repetitive combat VO's. All I've done here is replace some of the more obnoxious VO's with Attack VO's. No longer do we have to endure "You have left me an opening!".

*Install/Uninstall*

THESE DO NOT GO IN OVERRIDE! I know it's a habit for most of us, but these files actually need to go in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\StreamSounds. You will be prompted to overwrite the existing files, so I suggest you back up the default VO's before installing.
TO uninstall, replace these files with the default files that you backed up before installing (HINT: That means make sure you back up existing files before installing or you will have to reinstall the game :))

*Files Modified/Replaced*

p_disciple_bat1.wav
p_disciple_bat3.wav
p_disciple_bat5.wav
p_disciple_bat6.wav
p_disciple_crit.wav
 Jeff
05-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Great job Achilles! I always did think those combat sounds were annoying too. :D
 Keiko
05-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Thank goodness

Nice Job!:)
 Glamador
05-15-2005, 11:17 PM
ugh...disciple...i hate him so...i'm glad you did something to lower his annoyance quotient but i must say infinite influence mod in order to get his story and i STOP even talking to him...ever
 RedHawke
05-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks Achilles this will be most useful! :D
 General Kenobi
05-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Well done Achilles! :thumbsup:
 Darth333
05-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Although Disciple's voice is not as annoying as the Selkath's, this mod is very welcomed and will be permanently installed on my PC :D
 Mav
05-16-2005, 1:04 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Although Disciple's voice is not as annoying as the Selkath's, this mod is very welcomed and will be permanently installed on my PC :D

Agreed! especially those damn security cameras, thanks Darth333

Achilles outstanding job, as soon as the USM comes out and I play a couple more games I'll be making use of this ;)

Mav
 ChAiNz.2da
05-16-2005, 9:23 AM
Thank the maker! .... of the mod ;) hehe...

perhaps now that no one has to listen to his "combat" sounds :rolleyes: maybe, just maybe.. my Disciple saber might actually get used... :D

as Darth333 said, this mod is permanently in my override :thumbsup:
 Lorden Darkblade
05-16-2005, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
perhaps now that no one has to listen to his "combat" sounds :rolleyes: maybe, just maybe.. my Disciple saber might actually get used... :D

Nothing more to add after that :D :D
 PoM
05-16-2005, 3:30 PM
Sweet!

This is...Very nice..
Altough i never used him in battle, i don't even know what his special ability is.
He just stayed there, in the medical bay.
Quietly.
Never talked to him.
Honestly!

But like i said...Eh..Good job!

Is Disciple useful at all?

Anyway..

this mod is permanently in my override

Stream sounds :p
 Achilles
05-16-2005, 5:14 PM
Well, he's remarkably easy to gain influence with, so you can train him right after he joins your party, if you want.

You can also "meditate" with him after battle to replenish your FP, much the same way you can practice moving meditation with T3 to heal him after a fight.

Similar to Jolee, he can make healing packs. He also has a dialog option for healing you, but doesn't appear to do anything (I've yet to open up his dlg to see if it's actually supposed to).

Finally, he's a portable lab bench. Take T3-M4 and Disciple with you and you'll have a lab bench and a work bench with you at all times.
 Tupac Amaru
05-16-2005, 6:19 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Similar to Jolee, he can make healing packs. He also has a dialog option for healing you, but doesn't appear to do anything (I've yet to open up his dlg to see if it's actually supposed to).
There are two bugs in this: He is only willing to heal you when you aren't wounded and when he does heal you, the script restores force points instead of vitality. Commentary: :headbump
If you want to fix it: In disciple.dlg, entry 354 change the conditional to Not c_heal and in a_heal_pc.nss change EffectHealForcePoints( nHealAmount ) to EffectHeal( nHealAmount ).
Edit: Sorry about the typo. That means I deserve a 'headbump, too.
 Mono_Giganto
05-16-2005, 6:58 PM
Nice work Achilles, but are you sure it won't work in override? I recall sound files working in my override folder before.
 Achilles
05-16-2005, 8:14 PM
Originally posted by Tupac Amaru
There are two bugs in this: He is only willing to heal you when you aren't wounded and when he does heal you, the script restores force points instead of vitality. Commentary: :headbump
If you want to fix it: In disciple.dlg, entry 454 change the conditional to Not c_heal and in a_heal_pc.nss change EffectHealForcePoints( nHealAmount ) to EffectHeal( nHealAmount ). Thank for the info! If I may, the correct entry is actually 354 (not 454).
Page: 1 of 1