Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fighting with the lightsaber in 1st person

Page: 1 of 1
 sunkid
05-15-2005, 9:10 AM
OK, hello everybody!

I've been "google-ing" and looking/searching on the net for the past 2 hours but I didn't find what I was looking for. Did the same thing here, on the Lucasforums. Still in vain ...

I know that the game doesn't meant to support this, but still ... is there any way to play JK3 Jedi Academy wielding the lightsaber in first person ? Some console commands or some mods ... anything ... ?!

The emotional involvement is most certainly deeper when the perspective changes in first person view ( just like JK2 Jedi Outcast ). And if there's going to be another Jedi Knight game, I sure hope it's going to allow the first person view.

Err.. let me dream a little bit off-topic : :)

Maybe a Jedi Knight 4 game using the Source engine and adding RPG elements ( what about a mixture between Jedi Knight and KOTOR ? ) would be a great achievement.

Off-topic/dream over.

Thank you and have a nice day form sunkid - Romania!
 Amidala from Chop Shop
05-15-2005, 9:49 AM
I believe OJP mod does that http://ojp.jediknight.net/)
 SithLord Morgul
05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
I cant help you with that dude, the only time it happened to me was when i put "1st person always" when I had saber equiped. then i switched weapon and back to lightsaber and it turned to 3rd person.
So, I guess its guaranteed.
 Neverhoodian
05-15-2005, 1:22 PM
*points upwards*

Ack! Quadruple post! We're doomed! :eek:

Anyway, here's a first person lightsaber mod for you. I haven't downloaded it so I don't know how well it works, but it looks like what you've been looking for. You can find the file here (http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/First_Person_Lightsaber_Mod;27567).
 sunkid
05-16-2005, 1:01 PM
Thanx Neverhoodian and thanx to all! It works just fine!

Now I can return to my normal life and live hapily ever-after ... :P

Well... almost...

( Off-topic ) because when Episode II form the SW saga was released, in my hometown ( Iasi - Romania ), it had the same date as in the rest of the world. But now, it seems that the dark side has clouded the minds of some folk around here and it seems that we will not see the release on the 19th. :(

Guess they're Star Trek fanboys ... damn !!!

( Off-topic closed )

That's all! Good-bye! ;)
Page: 1 of 1