Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Exile's General Uniform Pack now up at my site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
05-15-2005, 5:10 AM
Hello all,

Inspired by Prime's Movie Robes, and Bao-Dur saying "Yes, General" a few million times to me I thought it was time my Exile look the part of a General. ;)

The mod is Available Here! :ben: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

From The Readme:
-----------------------------------------------------
The uniforms replace the normal clothing model for the PC, and the uniforms are all upgradeable and have a defense of 2, a little better than the mining uniform.

These Exile Uniforms use the K1 robe/tunic model that came with TSL, and are available for both Male and Female PC's, to remove the gloves and make them strictly for the PC I had to do an appearance.2da edit, but I provided an appearance.2da that is compatable with Prime's Jedi Movie Robes Mod.

appearance.2da (I altered all of the PC lines modelb and texb fields, that would be all of the lines that begin with P_MAL or P_FEM, and all of my appearance.2da changes begin with RH to make them easier to locate.)

This Item Package Contains:
--------------------------------------------------
Note: Use of the term "<FullName>" indicates the item will have your PC's name on them.

<FullName> Guardian Uniform (Blue, Black), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Jedi General Robe Blue Texture)

<FullName> Sentinel Uniform (Yellow, Black), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Jedi General Robe Yellow Texture)

<FullName> Consular Uniform (Green, Black), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Jedi General Robe Green Texture)

<FullName> Crimson Uniform (Red, Black), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Jedi General Robe Red Texture)

<FullName> Black Uniform (Black, Gray, Red), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Make Carth a Jedi Onasi Robe Texture)

<FullName> Gray Uniform (Gray, Black), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Sith Uniform Robe Gray Texture)

<FullName> Dark Uniform (Black, Gray), 2 Def, Upgradeable (Uses the K1 Sith Uniform Robe Black Texture)

<FullName> Bladesinger Uniform (Black, Ayala Secura Style), 2 Def, +5 Persuade, Upgradeable, Female Exile's only will recieve and can wear. (Note: Only Female PC's will recieve the Bladesinger Uniform)

You will recieve the Class Uniform Robe appropriate to your class, as shown on the character creation screen, when you are arrested by Lt. Grenn on Telos, and the other uniforms will be waiting for you when you get your confiscated items back. So you can wear the style of your choice after that point.

Also note, if you don normal default texture variant 1 g_a_clothes01 clothing you will get the blue texture, but if you put on the texture variant 2 g_a_clothes02 you will get the yellow texture, and the texture variant 3 g_a_clothes03 clothing you will get the green texture.
--------------------------------------------------
Also a big thanks goes out to stoffe -mkb- for without his help this mod would not be as nicely integrated into the game and as good as it is. ;)

Enjoy! :D
 Tyler_TDA
05-15-2005, 5:15 AM
Wow,Very nice work Redhawke

Just a side note i'm a fan of most of your kotor and tsl mods :D
 T7nowhere
05-15-2005, 6:58 AM
I like the Grey and Black ones, though I'm not crazy about the brightly colored robes. The Female ones are a nice touch.

Nice selection of robes too.
 Bob Lion54
05-15-2005, 7:16 AM
Nice, as usual!

As T7 said, the Female robes are a nice touch.
 Keiko
05-15-2005, 9:16 AM
I like the black ones for Females:)

Nice Job!
 Jeff
05-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Nice job Redhawke! These are much better than those civilian clothes they give us. ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Awesome work as usual RedHawke :D
The black and gray ones are my favourites ;)
 The_Maker
05-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Now the only thing that needs to be changed is the portraits ;)

Nice Work Redhawke! This will have a happy home in my override directory for a long time :D
 Darkkender
05-15-2005, 1:58 PM
Ahh so this is what you warned me you were releasing. Nice it will be a great addition.
 Mav
05-15-2005, 2:59 PM
I was wondering how long it would take you to come up with another mod... great work as always, when you find the slightest inspiration for a mod you sure run with it don't you, awesome job. I'm fond of the male, red, black and grey ones myself ;)

Mav
 RedHawke
05-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks people! :D

Anything is better than that commoners outfit IMHO. It's just so... common! :p
 Nodakrattler
05-16-2005, 3:22 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Thanks people! :D

Anything is better than that commoners outfit IMHO. It's just so... common! :p

You aren't the only one.

The only problem I had was figuring out how to install it and still use my custom clothes.:D

Well thank goodness I had already altered Prime's robes to work hand in hand with the prestige mod you and mav put out.
 Jedi Eri
06-03-2006, 3:52 AM
hey that looks very cool :) congrats
Well... Just one thing. The mod is kinda big (12 MB) and that makes it difficult for low speed users to download.... Including me of course. Is it possible for you to upload the black and the grey robes to a different folder, in order to download these two? Please... There the ones I like the most actually. Could you????
 RedHawke
06-03-2006, 7:09 AM
Is it possible for you to upload the black and the grey robes to a different folder, in order to download these two? Please... There the ones I like the most actually. Could you????
Actually no, see I would have to recreate the whole mod to do this as I created this as a package. The mods files are a little too inter-dependant to take them apart. So this mod is an all or nothing deal.

So you might just have to bite the bullet and watch a movie or something while you download this. ;) Or if your connection is too unstable and/or you don't know anyone with a high-speed connection, you might have to pass on this one, sorry. :(

I understand about people with 56K modems, but sometimes there is only so far you can go to make something smaller, this was as small as it got.
 stoffe
06-03-2006, 8:26 AM
So you might just have to bite the bullet and watch a movie or something while you download this. ;) Or if your connection is too unstable and/or you don't know anyone with a high-speed connection, you might have to pass on this one, sorry. :(

I understand about people with 56K modems, but sometimes there is only so far you can go to make something smaller, this was as small as it got.

If you want to go through the extra trouble you can compress it with 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) instead of RAR though and upload somewhere for low-bandwith users. The same mod, compressed with 7zips "ultra" compression setting, only takes up 1.3 MB instead of 12 MB. Apparently TGA files are very compressable using that format. :)
 Jedi Eri
06-04-2006, 3:39 AM
OK I see. Thanx anyway... Master :)
Ah... One last thing. Could you at least upload it to a site supporting a download manager? I have Flashget, and I wouldn't mind waiting for the download. What makes me mad :nutz3: is that the connection may broke down, and that without a download manager, blast, I'd have to start again from scratch.
Alternatively, I think I'll sit and watch Episode II until it's dowloaded :ben: :lsduel:
Anyway, have a good day and May The Force Be With You :) :saberr: :saberb:
 RedHawke
06-04-2006, 3:49 AM
Ah... One last thing. Could you at least upload it to a site supporting a download manager? I have Flashget, and I wouldn't mind waiting for the download. What makes me mad :nutz3: is that the connection may broke down, and that without a download manager, blast, I'd have to start again from scratch.
Alternatively, I think I'll sit and watch Episode II until it's dowloaded :ben: :lsduel:
Hmm... I thought PCGameMods.com didn't flake out on those with download managers.

Unfortunately that is the only site I could upload it to, my own personal webspace is only 10Mb, so there is no other way for me to host it.

I was also thinking of putting all my mods on LucasFiles.com, but I lack the free time to do so right now, and they don't post things right away, and I have no idea how updating a mod posted on LucasFiles would work.

If I get a chance in the next few days/week I guess I could ask ChAiNz.2da nicely and see if he would host it for me as an alternative download site. But that would be strictly up to him. ;)

@ stoffe, that's good to know about 7Zip... now I just need the free time. :)
 Jedi Eri
06-04-2006, 5:37 AM
Hm, I have tried various ways of making Flashget compatible with PCGM, but it doesn't work. :blast5: :rifle1:
Ah, uploading at ChaAinZ.2da site would be great. Don't get anxious, I'm here to wait wherever you have the time to do it. :) By the way, are you preparing any other mode this time? ;) :bounce3: :thmbup1: You always have cracking ideas ;)

I have some ideas, but I can't until I get some more free time! :( -RH
 ChAiNz.2da
06-06-2006, 4:34 PM
Man, I new my ears were burning for a reason ;) hehehe...

@ RedHawke Sure thing bro, consider it done! Here's the link you can use on your site:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/RHExilesGeneralUniformPack.rar)
Apx 12mb:
Click this link to download RedHawke's RHExilesGeneralUniformPack.rar @ JumpStationZ (http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/RHExilesGeneralUniformPack.rar)

^^^^
@Jedi Eri Just click the link above and ENJOY! :D

Thanks ChAiNz! :D -RH
 Arбtoeldar
06-06-2006, 8:43 PM
Great mod RH.

I need to learn how to mod so that I can combine mods for my own personal use.
 Darkkender
06-07-2006, 5:38 PM
Just as a note with "RAR" compression RH and Stoffe. Winrar has 4 different compression methods as well as a solid archive compresion method that you can throw onto the best compression method. I believe this is very similiar to 7zips ultra method. The reason I say this is because without the solid and best compression that winrar offered the [TSL]Holowan Plugin was nearly 5 times the size of the released archive that used these archiving methods. Most of the files that had the most compressing in that were also TGA files.
 stoffe
06-07-2006, 8:08 PM
Just as a not with "RAR" compression RH and Stoffe. Winrar has 4 different compression methods as well as a solid archive compresion method that you can throw onto the best compression method. I believe this is very similiar to 7zips ultra method.

7zip (Ultra + Solid) is a lot more efficient than WinRAR (Best + Solid) when it comes to compressing text and uncompressed bitmaps, though it's a bit slower. For binary files or files with some form of internal compression the difference is not quite as large, but still in 7zip's favor.

Compressing this mod with WinRAR's Best compression method and solid archive setting will result in a 6.1 MB RAR archive, while 7zip's Ultra compression method and solid archive setting results in a 1.3 MB 7z archive. At the same compression methods without the solid archive setting the results are 12.1 MB for RAR and 6.1 MB for 7zip.

(As another point of comparison for text, packing all the decompiled NSS source code for K2:TSL with WinRAR's Best+Solid creates a 648K RAR archive, while 7zip creates a 270K 7z archive.)

The biggest disadvantage with 7zip I've encountered so far, aside from taking a bit longer to compress files, is that it's not quite as known and well-established as the ZIP and RAR formats, so fewer people will know what to do with the archives. On the plus side it's freeware and compresses more efficiently. :)

It may still be an alternative for dialup Internet users, rather than split a larger archive into several chunks.
 Jedi Eri
06-08-2006, 6:44 AM
OOOhhh thaaaaaanx so much ;)
Page: 1 of 1