Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Master + padawan collar fix by svцsh

Page: 1 of 1
 svцsh
05-12-2005, 9:04 AM
Author : svцsh 12/05/05

==============================================
Male+Female Master + padawan collar fix

For examples of what this can do

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p14109027.html) Master robes Uv fix

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p14880773.html) female Master robes Uv fix

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p14880772.html) male / female padawan robes Uv fix

Sorry a few days took longer then I intended ;)

All right not being a fan of the collar on the Jedi robes models I went ahead and remapped and complied these models, they come with the exported fixed uv cords to use as an overlay in Photoshop or any other layer based graphic applications.

-: Include in the .rar
--------------------------
4 models [ so 8. mdl / mdx count as 1 each ]
3 jpg’s are the unwrapped UV’s . The master model uses the same texture

PFBIM mdl /mdx female padawn model
PFBNM mdl /mdx female master model

PMBIM mdl /mdx male padawan model
PMBNM mdl /mdx male master model

PFBI01.jpg female padawn UV
PMBI01.jpg male padawn UV
PFBN01.jpg male and female Master UV

Not included :
------------------
my robe skins from the screen shots, where’s the fun in that ?

Consider this a fresh canvas for your skins you will see you have very little to change to fit the edited UV’s

WARNING !!!! This is basically a model / UV fix to use for new unique robes .. More of a base to use with new mods, If u drop this in override without editing EVERY SINGLE DEFULT TEXURE that uses one of the 4 models in this .rar .. The collar will appear much worse then it already was :eek:

That being said , there’s nothing stopping you from overriding all robe models with these and editing ALL the default robe skins.

-: Changes I made
====================

On the master robes I only moved the collar in to place, the old placement of the collar is now empty space

On the padawan robes I move the collar shifted the ring fingers over a touch, and had to move the back half of the sash over and scaled it down a little bit to fit the collar in

The red outlined UV’s are the torso the green are the hands.

-: How to use this in Photoshop or other layer based graphic apps
=================================

Open your edited skin hopefully still in .psd format

Drag and drop the .jpg for the selected skin you are working on, in to your psd . drag the layer to the top of the stack.

Hit W and click in the black area on the UV layer. Now with your selection active go to the menus above..
Select > Similar with all the black selected hit Ctrl +X or delete key now you set the opacity to 20 to 40 % and lock it so you don’t accidentally start editing it :eek:

I almost forgot those new to this way of skinning over the UV's . Remember to shut off the overlaid UV layer when testing your .tga

The rest I leave to you :cool:

Just one little thing you can freely use this as your base in any new mods you make or fix up older ones. All I ask is credit for my work with the model’s and uv edits and include this read-me please, and if you can’t type my forum handle from lack of finding the character map. Then please by all means copy and paste it from here. svцsh

Download from the link in my sig ;) and enjoy
 ChAiNz.2da
05-12-2005, 9:11 AM
I was wondering when you were going to release this ;)

Awesome job man! :thumbsup:
 Keiko
05-12-2005, 9:25 AM
Superb!!!:) :)
 Colma Adawin
05-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Hey Great job Svosh..... as always!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

We ALL Love Fixes, but we love a fully completed game, but least there are dedicated modders that are willing to sacrifice there own time to help complete / 'update' this game. ( i refer to EVERYONE, who is spending time to sort this problem out.)

Eg Obsidian and the Restoration Effort.

Love this fix Svosh!! Thank you!!

MattCole
 Commas
05-12-2005, 11:00 AM
you are my hero svцsh!! this will greatly improve my robe mod that i was just about to realease. thank you!
 Prime
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
OMG where the hell was this when I was doing my robes?! :) Almost makes me want to update them...
 tk102
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Forgive the newbie here, but can you post a "before mod" pic too so I (and others who haven't seriously looked at robe models) can fully appreciate your work? :D
 Jeff
05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Great job svosh.
 Darkkender
05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Forgive the newbie here, but can you post a "before mod" pic too so I (and others who haven't seriously looked at robe models) can fully appreciate your work? :D

I 2nd that motion.
 Lorden Darkblade
05-12-2005, 1:14 PM
Awesome work as usual svцsh :D
I was wondering when someone was going to fix that ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
05-12-2005, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by tk102
It's not really a "Before & After" Pic... but one of Sep's saber screenies has a nice view of what the robe's collar looked like before the fix :)

http://gallery147761.fotopic.net/p13416845.html)
 tk102
05-12-2005, 2:19 PM
Thanks ChAiNz.2da, I can see again how svцsh's gets respect the old-fashioned way. He earns it. Nice work. :)
 Jeff
05-12-2005, 5:27 PM
Svosh, how do you use the drag and drop to get them onto the robe skin? I can't figure this out.
 Achilles
05-12-2005, 5:47 PM
Open the default robe skin
Open the updated uvmap
Create a duplicate (layer) of the uvmap
Drag the duplicate to the default texture
 Jeff
05-12-2005, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Open the default robe skin
Open the updated uvmap
Create a duplicate (layer) of the uvmap
Drag the duplicate to the default texture
Thanks Achilles. I guess I didn't know where to drag it, but I got it now. ;)

EDIT: Well, I know you said that you'll leave the rest up to us once we delete the black with it all selected, but I don't know where to go from here. Some guidance would be appreciated. :)

EDIT AGAIN: Well, I missed the opacity part, but when I go to change it to around 30, the box to change it is grayed out. I can't find how I can make it so it is ungrayed :confused: .
 General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 6:01 PM
Looks really nice man :D good job! :D

DM
 Commas
05-12-2005, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
Well, I know you said that you'll leave the rest up to us once we delete the black with it all selected, but I don't know where to go from here. Some guidance would be appreciated. :)

yeah, same here, after messin around with it for a while try to figure it out on my own i still haven't been able to make anything that looks... right.

also...

Originally posted by svцsh

WARNING !!!! This is basically a model / UV fix to use for new unique robes .. More of a base to use with new mods, If u drop this in override without editing EVERY SINGLE DEFULT TEXURE that uses one of the 4 models in this .rar .. The collar will appear much worse then it already was :eek:

That being said , there’s nothing stopping you from overriding all robe models with these and editing ALL the default robe skins.

does this mean that if i want to use this fix for a custom robe based on the padawan model i would then have to retexture all the other robes that use the padawan model, basically all or nothing? i just want to make sure i'm reading that correctly, cause that would be a lot of work to reskin all the other robes just to release one custom robe.
 Achilles
05-12-2005, 6:23 PM
Originally posted by DarthMoeller
EDIT AGAIN: Well, I missed the opacity part, but when I go to change it to around 30, the box to change it is grayed out. I can't find how I can make it so it is ungrayed :confused: . Unlock the layer and the option will become selectable again.
 T7nowhere
05-12-2005, 7:27 PM
Great work svцsh, now its up to all you robe reskinners to replace all the in-game robes skins ;)
 Mav
05-12-2005, 8:17 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Great work svцsh, now its up to all you robe reskinners to replace all the in-game robes skins ;)

verbatim.... T7 is 100% correct.... awesome job svцsh
 svцsh
05-12-2005, 9:31 PM
Thanks but before you get too happy and decide to lynch me instead …

I’m really sorry :( I was thinking we could make unique mods with this but, I may have still been sleeping . Here I was thinking we could use the dancers outfit slot to make a new robe model renamed hexed or renamer-ed .

Now I just don’t think so. :( At the moment mine are simply overriding so I guess if a bunch of you guys tackle a few robes each we can replace them all and then this won’t be so bad, so in advance I do apologize I guess the best intentions are not always the right ones :( On a brigther note i remaped them so skinning will flow much better.

I was hopping to have it out before i like commas released his exil robe :D
But after my recent wake up call… I never intended for each of us to make 30 skins to release one new skin.

Between dinner, getting b4 and after shots for some inquisitive people. TK and DK this shot reminds me of Sesame Street , "one of these things is not like the others"

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p14906670.html) 4b and after collar fix TSL robes Mug shots :p

My post is well outdated but may still be helpful.

To Drag and drop the uv’s to your canvas do one of these two methods

Open your .Psd or if it’s a .tga that’s fine too now open one of the UV jpg’s then line them up side by side.

On the .jpg for the model you are adding your new skin hit V so you have the black selection arrow. Now just click and hold your mouse button down from the jpg and drag it to your canvas with the your skin and drop it , often snapping is on , and in this case it’s very important so the Uv’s fall on the skin where it belongs.

Or simply click ‘n hold your mouse button down, drag the layer from the layers palette to your .tga or .psd the icon will change to a hand with a rectangle around it that’s it now let it go and line it up if the image is not snapped in to place.

After you change it’s opacity lock it for safe keeping and work below it, my 20 – 40% was just an example I have worked with my UV mesh in overlay < layer mode > at 4 % so it all depends on the skin below.

So as T7 and Mav said "now its up to all you robe reskinners to replace all the in-game robes skins ;)"

svцsh
 General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 9:38 PM
Yes Master Svosh :D
 Commas
05-12-2005, 9:51 PM

I was hopping to have it out before i like commas released his exile robe :D

aaaaaw thats sweet :)

well i for one dont mind helping out with reskinning the rest of the games robes, i always hated the "jedi ascot" anyway :p
 Jeff
05-12-2005, 9:58 PM
Well svosh, although it might not be what you were hoping for, it is still a definate upgrade from the other collars. If only I could figure out how to use it...;)
 General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
We'll figure out how to do er' on our own Svosh ;) You've made more than your contribution :D

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

That's a five elephant rating folks :D
 svцsh
05-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Good to know I won’t be lynched for these thanks for understanding
guy’s

this thread may help a bit http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143301)

I’ve already got you the UV map in jpg so skip the steps before that , but I truly recommend skinning this way. It’s faster and a bit more efficient then running the game to check each edit you make.

My trick was to use smudge, air brush, dodge, and burn and basically rough out a P shape on an angle . my skin’s were done very fast not exactly my best work but you just fallow the lines of the UV overlaid above and work below it. On a new layer or copy of your .tga’s using ctrl+J to clone the target layer.

But the new uv’s setup should be capable of skinning anything like DM’s Atton Echani robes collar how he intend them to be as well.

svцsh
 Jeff
05-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, I finally figured it out even without the tutorial. Great job svosh, I am quite pleased with the outcome of my robes. ;)
 General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
But the new uv’s setup should be capable of skinning anything like DM’s Atton Echani robes collar how he intend them to be as well.

svцsh

big ole' thanks there svцsh ;) (my thoughts exactly :D)

This fix fixes one of the BIGGEST issues for me in-game. The only two things in the entire galaxy a poor Jedi calls his own is the robes on his back and his lightsaber. At least now they look like they have a real robe on not some "black hole" thingie :confused: what were they thinking...lol
 Prime
05-13-2005, 1:40 PM
Where can the .rar be found? I didn't see it on his site. But I'm tired. :)
 T7nowhere
05-13-2005, 2:14 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Where can the .rar be found? I didn't see it on his site. But I'm tired. :)

its the first thing under "Models".
 General Kenobi
05-13-2005, 2:16 PM
I was waitin' for him to upload it at PCgameMODS and for some reason I don't see his www button at the bottom of his posts but I'm gonna check svosh's profile for it
 Darth333
05-13-2005, 3:16 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
I was waitin' for him to upload it at PCgameMODS and for some reason I don't see his www button at the bottom of his posts but I'm gonna check svosh's profile for it
errr...look at his sig ;)

and nice work as always svцsh! :)
 General Kenobi
05-13-2005, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
errr...look at his sig ;)

uuhhh :rolleyes: oops :D So I had a stupid moment :D No one ever said I was observant...lol
 Achilles
05-13-2005, 5:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
At least now they look like they have a real robe on not some "black hole" thingie :confused: what were they thinking...lol Gee...I don't know (http://www.nebulousdesigns.com/portfolio/3d/obiwan_red2.jpg)

Great work Svosh! I guess this is proper motivation to learn yet another aspect of modding that I've been putting off :D
 General Kenobi
05-13-2005, 5:45 PM
Gee...I don't know (http://www.nebulousdesigns.com/portfolio/3d/obiwan_red2.jpg)

Hey no fair stickin' a red sabered black holey thingie Obi Wan pic in there. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
05-13-2005, 6:22 PM
Gee...I don't know (http://www.nebulousdesigns.com/portfolio/3d/obiwan_red2.jpg)

I see I'm not the only one who's been to that site... hehehe..

but... there is... another Isn't that right MattColejk ;)

--------------

So.... anyone decided to take on the task of making a "svцsh model Default Robes Skin Pack" so everyone doesn't have to skin 30 robes to release a new one? :eek:
 Jeff
05-13-2005, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
So.... anyone decided to take on the task of making a "svцsh model Default Robes Skin Pack" so everyone doesn't have to skin 30 robes to release a new one? :eek:
Well, not all of them, but I have gotten some done. I did the jedi knight robe, and my own reskin of anakin's robe.
 Prime
05-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
its the first thing under "Models". Helps to empty the cache. :)
Page: 1 of 1